Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

SUNKOS posted:

I remember there were rumors and then Apex Legends came out and was set in the Titanfall universe and the TF3 rumors stopped, so I guess people who heard about Apex early and spread the rumors thought it was the next Titanfall game. If they do make a new one however I hope it's more like TF1 than TF2. The first game felt like the Burnout of FPS games and TF2 felt more like Gran Turismo in comparison. They added some really cool stuff (e.g. grappling hook) but it lacked the arcade-y pick-up-and-play fun of the first game, in my opinion. So many bad maps, too :(

The devs actually talked about future Titanfall projects (though maybe not fps) as being in development after Apex launched, but with the recent EA shuffle, it may be pushed back or maybe even prioritized.

And Titanfall 1 is an unashamed remake of brink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's not a matter of knowing how to use a computer, the app objectively sucks

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Never understood people who willingly get into PC gaming but can't figure basic poo poo out

[xbox ultimate usage] It is objectively needlessly complicated.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

I remember the general reviews saying it’s just very mediocre and once again the story is bland

The combat is fun but encounters don't tend to last long and there's very little in the way of content in between them. It's no surprise they're releasing it on GamePass so soon since there's been a few expansions released very recently (one just some days ago, even) provided you're willing to pay extra for them. I expect this to become the norm with most of these big publisher games as everyone gets their own subscription service next gen.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone else hyped for Halo?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Turtlicious posted:

Anyone else hyped for Halo?

Yes, specifically Halo Reach.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Hyped as hell for 4k60fps on Reach. Didn't the 360 version run at 30fps and below 720?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yep, it might be received much better this time around.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

As black Friday approaches and folks look to make system purchases for gamepass, it's important to look at the current state of the S.

https://youtu.be/PASZONr4-5k

Both base consoles are showing their age, but the S is really struggling. There's another year before next gen, and unless you just don't care about performance at all, I don't know if the S is worth it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

As black Friday approaches and folks look to make system purchases for gamepass, it's important to look at the current state of the S.

https://youtu.be/PASZONr4-5k

Both base consoles are showing their age, but the S is really struggling. There's another year before next gen, and unless you just don't care about performance at all, I don't know if the S is worth it.

Worth it for GamePass, 4KBR and back compat IMO. I got an S for significantly less than half the price of the X

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Worth it for GamePass, 4KBR and back compat IMO. I got an S for significantly less than half the price of the X

Yeah at this point in the game, if you're looking for performance it doesn't matter which one you get. You'd be better off waiting a year.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Honestly an S seems like a better buy this year if you absolutely must buy something and can find one for ~$150. It handles indies and back compat fine, games that came out pre-X fine, and spending the money for an X the year before Scarlett comes out just seems dumb as gently caress.

Really, though, just wait.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm all in on PS5 next generation anyway so getting a cheap 4K player along with something to play some of the classic 360/OG titles suited me fine. None of the XBOX One exclusive games this gen have seemed remotely interesting. Like MCC is fun for co-op but they're just old games with a new lick of paint.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The best xbox is a pc

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I loved Titanfall 2 but I honestly hope the franchise is dead because the mechs were always the most boring parts. Lemme wall run and gently caress people up!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I would never suggest getting the X for full price, but it's not hard to find it for almost half off in places, and if someone is sensitive to performance issues, there's no reason not to get an X. It won't be affected by the jump the way the S will be, allowing you to hold off on making a purchase right at the next gen launch.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Real hurthling! posted:

The best xbox is a pc
It's been great for me this gen because I didn't need to buy an Xbox to have the exclusives I wanted, due to GamePass

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

As someone who turned 20 in 2005 I just love me some 360 games and the S does them with no tearing

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I think we can all (or most of us anyway) agree that maybe don't buy the new Xbox Scarlett for a year or two.

Halo infinite will be on xbox one anyway. Other than a new possible forza, I can't see much that would be truly exciting to want to get a Scarlett. And I bet you can play Scarlett games on xbox one via xcloud.

Only time will tell with the new studios if they make anything new and good but they keep making stuff that doesn't interest me.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If Bards Tale IV didnt retroactively become the worst 1st party made game of this generation Id have more faith in microsofts acquisitions but seriously holy poo poo Bards Tale IV is just absolutely awful from top to bottom.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
S is trash. Enjoy your PS3 quality games.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

X is where it’s at but at the end of the day Xbox Stays Winning.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Performance on the S is laughable, please don't buy it unless you like going back to the PS1 era in any game made recently. I know console players have low standards with that stuff but it not worth your eyesight.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I’m out here still rocking the release xbone

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't know how they keep making the xbone UI slower and slower

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

FastestGunAlive posted:

I’m out here still rocking the release xbone

Same here. My wife uses Kinect voice commands and OneGuide daily so if it dies I basically have to replace it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

S is trash. Enjoy your PS3 quality games.

Yes. I will!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Oh man, has ODST been free through Game Pass this whole time? I knew MCC was, but I just assumed ODST was a paid DLC no matter what. Pretty cool that Reach will be included too!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Reach has my favorite local multiplayer, if only because I had it in college and my roommates and I played it all the time.

Also that map builder.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Reach Multiplayer but ban armor lock

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Valve just announced the new Half-Life game

it's VR :negative:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

What

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its some alyx side story that will certainly suck rear end

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/valvesoftware/status/1196566870360387584?s=21

It’s gonna blow.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED....to be a VR game

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
pretty much all VR stuff blows

poo poo like phones, Kinect and VR that require radically different inputs need games that specifically tailor themselves to those inputs and the experience of using them. Phones are just about there, Kinect had a few games that were starting to get it (hello HappyTV/Kinect Party), vr just seems soaked with games that want to port in a kbm/controller experience and pretend that all it is is a new TV.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

Reach Multiplayer but ban armor lock

Terrible take. Armor lock was insanely funny.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Just got into the xcloud preview and I'm amazed at how well it works. Really quite responsive for what it is.

Also found out that it will happily accept my generic Bluetooth gamepad instead of needing my Xbox controller.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I'll definitely give xCloud a go once the preview expands to Canada.
PSNow is the nearest equivalent and similarly works astonishingly well if your connection allows for it. Here's a test video I made yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAV9IpgwRp8

I have gigabit internet, but I don't think I'm even in the same time zone as a data center.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I've been streaming with my mobile phone internet and even with that was playing Forza Horizon 4 without noticeable issue.