Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lol, this is so stupid. The fans got themselves riled up for something that didn't and couldn't exist to the point that WB decided to take advantage of their fervor.

And there's no way it will ever live up to what they've built in their minds. It won't be three-and-a-half hours, for one, because that must have been the rough cut with literally everything they shot and those are always, always unwatchable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

I'm assuming at this point they've let him make his own cut with stuff Whedon shot too, etc.

But previously I guess the Snyder Cut would have been the working version he put together to preview to WB executives that reportedly got his rear end fired. There's a term for it. Workprint maybe?

It was an assembly cut, which isn't even a work print. It's literally just everything they have shot in chronological order. Every take. And the word was it was 4 hours long, but in reality that would be like, 45 minutes of movie when edited depending on how much coverage he shot. There would be no effects or anything either.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

site posted:

Love and thunder is definitely the one I'm waiting for

You didn't like agent carter??

I've never actually watched Agent Carter. My bad joke was more going for that just one more 44 minute episode would have tipped it over to complete and total burnout.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
dont worry, when it comes out and sucks theyll just come up with some conspiracy about how disney caused it to suck by paying snyder to sell out or something

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

site posted:

dont worry, when it comes out and sucks theyll just come up with some conspiracy about how disney caused it to suck by paying snyder to sell out or something

I’m sure Cinema Discusso will go apeshit for it. Or have they turned on Snyder by now?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Arist posted:

Lol, this is so stupid. The fans got themselves riled up for something that didn't and couldn't exist to the point that WB decided to take advantage of their fervor.

And there's no way it will ever live up to what they've built in their minds. It won't be three-and-a-half hours, for one, because that must have been the rough cut with literally everything they shot and those are always, always unwatchable.

The thing is, it can (and probably will) be significantly worse and they'll pretend it was worth it.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’m sure Cinema Discusso will go apeshit for it. Or have they turned on Snyder by now?

Not until he makes a movie people actually like.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So on Friday, Batman was trending on Twitter because it was his 85th anniversary or something.
And some guys started using that as a way to Tweet for the Synder cut because they said that Ben Affleck would have been the best Batman of them all if he was given another chance. You know, Synder totally shot a load of scenes that Made Affleck the best Batman of them all. That's what I think this spun out from.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Rhyno posted:

I've watched each of the MCU films multiple times, seen every episode of Agents of Shield and every Netflix Marvel episode except for Jessica Jones s3.

I'm not burned out.

Trade AoS for that season of Jessica Jones and add Cloak & Dagger and this is me. Idk, I don't go see a ton of movies anyway and I like superheroes. The only ones I've skipped so far are Aquaman and Shazam because I just couldn't care.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I will continue to watch the marvel movies until I no longer enjoy them. I currently enjoy them. If you are burnt out quit watching comic book movies and quit following the comic book movie news.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Phylodox posted:

Not until he makes a movie people actually like.

He’s made a few at this point. Dawn of the Dead alone was huge and probably why he’s carried so much goodwill.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

I think they should release it (if that's possible). I will probably skip it, but it will make a lot of people happy I'm sure, and maybe inspire them to chill the gently caress out a bit.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Dan Didio posted:

He’s made a few at this point. Dawn of the Dead alone was huge and probably why he’s carried so much goodwill.

It was a joke about Internet contrarians.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Yeah I've only skipped Venom and Aquaman (I'm sure I'll see them eventually) so far and I'm certainly not burnt out though when they talk about the bubble bursting they're usually referring to the general viewing public and not the die hard fans.

However, I don't think it's outlandish to speculate that if they spread themselves thin trying to get too many movies out in one year we could end up with another Thor 2 or Iron Man 2(both movies I enjoyed but that weren't exactly up to par)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They'd have to add effects and poo poo to Snyder's version. The problem is that it's still gonna suck.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Roth posted:

I've never actually watched Agent Carter. My bad joke was more going for that just one more 44 minute episode would have tipped it over to complete and total burnout.

Agent Carter is one of my favorite comic book/superhero media projects ever, up there with the Cap trilogy, Endgame, the Daredevil series, and The Rocketeer. It's perfect in every way.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Codependent Poster posted:

They'd have to add effects and poo poo to Snyder's version. The problem is that it's still gonna suck.

Even if it sucks it will be the greatest movie ever made. The people that want it won't admit otherwise. And honestly could it be worse than the theatrical? Hard to believe.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I suspect the bigger issue is going to be that there isn't really much that can be fixed in a Snyder Cut because he isn't getting new takes and probably isn't getting much in the way of CGI. (MAYBE a fix to Creepy Superman's face.)

So it probably will suck but in such a way that anyone who was expecting it to be good is going to blame Joss Whedon for it and not Snyder.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I just don't get what people expect from a Snyder Cut. Are there people out there who actually liked BvS?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I don’t think re-cutting a film nobody wanted into a film very, very few people want is a sound business model, really.

Honestly, I feel like the whole DC movie universe is pretty much dead at this point. The parts that kind of worked (Wonder Woman, Shazam) will trundle on independently, but the shared universe is wrecked beyond repair.

Retro Futurist posted:

I just don't get what people expect from a Snyder Cut. Are there people out there who actually liked BvS?

Go ask Cinema Discusso.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Just editing a film can do a lot for it.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Y'know what, yes, I would 100% love to see a Snyder cut happen. I love these dumb characters no matter what, I wanna see them do more things, I preferably wanna see them do better things than they did in JL, and I want there to be a JL2 so maybe this would spur that on.

The problem is that all literal sense and sensibility and understanding of...like, logic and causality would suggest that the Snyder cut does not exist. The film he wanted to film was not filmed. The stories he storyboarded are only storyboards. The action scenes he conceived of were not actualized. Forget the special effects; there is not even any real footage of the actors doing the things that Snyder wanted to happen in JL.

So like...unless the "Snyder Cut" is actually an ingenious plan to call back every single cast and crew to do a second round of reshoots, the only actual cut we'll ever get is the release of Snyder's original unfinished reels, or "Zack Snyder Edits Things that Joss Whedon Shot." Neither are things worth popping a boner for.

So...again, I would absolutely watch the heck out of a Snyder-re-redone version of Justice League. But unless Snyder's got the reshoot schedule ready to go and all contracts prepared for the returning employees, every time he teases this thing as if it's SO READY! ALMOST READY! WAITING tO UnvEIL FOr YOu gUYS! he just sounds like a self-important douchebag basking in attention from the gullible fans that he doesn't deserve.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Maybe he’ll pull a Masters of the Universe and film all the missing scenes in a black void.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

X-O posted:

And honestly could it be worse than the theatrical? Hard to believe.

I mean, the theatrical cut isn't something that exists for no reason. They made it because they saw what Snyder's cut was.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Retro Futurist posted:

The ultimate cut is pretty alright.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Retro Futurist posted:

Are there people out there who actually liked BvS?

Yes, and it's really weird.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Justice League was the worst DCEU movie in my opinion and everything wrong with it felt like reactionary studio interference and missed placed Whedonisms. I might not be a big Snyder fan but if it's possible I wouldn't mind seeing what he was going for before they "fixed" it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
With Marvel movies I'm not really burned out they are released at a good pace and going to the movies costs like 12 dollars so not like Disney is breaking my kneecaps. Now it does suck how Disney forces theaters to play said Marvel movies for more time than they should thus squeezing out smaller films from getting exposure

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Justice League was so bad it made me like BVS a little more. And i loving hated that dumb Flash timetravel poo poo that was forced in.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kevin Smith and Jason Momoa have both claimed to have seen the Snyder Cut. Something exists that is slightly more than an assembly cut but not anything close to a finished film.

It's worth noting that every single scene of Superman in JL was reshot by Whedon so there is at least a ton of alternate footage in that case.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I very much preferred Whedon's Superman though.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
You know, if I were running WB I'd simply re-release JL with no changes from the Theatrical version and just put a new cover on it that said "Snyder Cut" and bilk these morons out of another $30

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i hope the snyder cut has mustache superman

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

More like Snyder Cult.

I’ll take my reward in cash.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

I just want a mustache cut.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

I just want a mustache cut.

I just want every character to be given a mustache. Then I will actually watch this movie.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

site posted:

Wasn't the Snyderman resurrection to feature the black suit and have Supes go AntiLife evil because Lois died?

Release the snydercut as a comic book tpb first

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
What do people think are in the Synder Cut? I am legitimately confused on what they think the film would have in it that would have made it better. It would have required a completely different villain for one thing.

I feel like both Black Panther 2 and Captain Marvel 2 are further on than we think, and we'll probably see them annouced sometime around the time when Doctor Strange 2 has at least a teaser. Guardians 3 is probably really far off. We will probably get at least an X-men or Fantastic 4 movie in there though, i'd mean more to FF honestly. At least X-men has 3 good movies? Also curious about a Spider-Man 3.

The new year, after Star Wars 9 is out, we'll probably get flooded with info about upcoming Marvel because there is zero Star Wars stuff in the pipe in the future.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

What do people think are in the Synder Cut? I am legitimately confused on what they think the film would have in it that would have made it better. It would have required a completely different villain for one thing.

Of the top of my head:
3 hour runtime reduced to 2 hours
Extensive reshoots from Whedon
Aquaman scenes cut, Vulko cut, scene with Mera Vs Steppy cut
Flash scenes cut, Iris West cut entirely
Cyborg scenes brutally cut. Mom cut out, his dad was supposed to die, lots of scenes with mother boxes
All superman scenes reshot. His fight with the league got changed, dialogue and context and other details changed. His reunion with Lois got changed.
Rumors of a scene with Pa that got cut, nothing concrete on that though.
WW scene where she discovers more information on Darkseid cut
Darkseid cut entirely
Third act changed a lot
Martian Manhunter cut entirely
Ryan Choi cut
The flashback scene where the old gods fought the invading army of Steppenwolf got really changed. Ares, Zeus and Artemis all present
Timetravel cut
Lex Luthor scenes cut

Things added by whedon
dumb joke about being itchy
ma kent making a joke about thirsty women
Barry pratfalls on WW boobs (this was added by stunt doubles as I understand, nad pissed off both Gal and Ezra)
Lots of extra close ups of Diana Smiling
A lame subplot about that russian family
The introductory scene with Batman and the criminal

So yes. It is a very different movie. Keep in mind Zack shot all of that, the score is done and the only thing not do is some vxf
This information comes from either Zack himself or other official names who worked with the film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I need to get cat burglar training so I can break into Zack Snyder's house and delete all this crap so people will finally shut the gently caress up.