Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

BigglesSWE posted:

So that Qnan thing has to be a defense mechanism, right? “Trump can’t possibly be this unhinged and incomprehensible, IT MUST BE AN IMPOSTER!”

Don't try to make sense of Qanon bullshit, it is a fruitless pursuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
They would absolutely wheel a stroke-ridden Trump out and have him mumble aphasiacally while they continue worshipping him. 40K Emperor style

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Cactrot posted:

Don't try to make sense of Qanon bullshit, it is a fruitless pursuit.

though that is the entire substance of Qanon, right there.

remember the people who swore Obama was saving up his Political Capital to save the nation? it's like that, but for right wingers who have pushed their entire egos off onto Trump. the only way to explain why he hasn't done anything good yet is that he must be fighting some kind of shadow war, and when he's victorious, THEN we get the wall and all the libs thrown in jail and my kids will talk to me again.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

They would absolutely wheel a stroke-ridden Trump out and have him mumble aphasiacally while they continue worshipping him. 40K Emperor style

He does consume massive amounts of psychic energy from others and was offered a golden throne, iirc. Hm.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
Ah, so that’s what all the immigrant children are being used for

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

He does consume massive amounts of psychic energy from others and was offered a golden throne, iirc. Hm.

Also very concerned about aliens stealing the lebensraum of the pre-destined master race!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/IvoryHecker/status/1196143196969025536

Kayne loves the most despicable white people in the country.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

TD going through a hangover from last nights loss

The "safe space" made me crack up so hard

What a bunch of loving babies

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Even better

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/statu...ingawful.com%2F

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Holy gently caress, he sounds horrible in that excerpt. His voice cracking like he's going through puberty.

And he's got white person rhythm trying to dance with it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Lol of you think Trump would sound less coherent after a stroke

It might actually be an improvement.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hey you know that Chris Rock movie where he comes back in the body of the rich white music executive? Maybe the opposite is occurring here?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Kayne is a really dumb guy, he has a billion dollars and he's surrounded by nothing but yes men and women. That is a pretty good combination.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing

BigglesSWE posted:

So that Qnan thing has to be a defense mechanism, right? “Trump can’t possibly be this unhinged and incomprehensible, IT MUST BE AN IMPOSTER!”

it's that and general conspiracy theory tailspin - given long enough everyone's dead, everyone's a crisis actor impostor clone, everyone's in on it. That kind of paranoia can't sustain itself without lashing out at every possible target over time.

vvvv Kanye's a trainwreck and all but doing shows at prisons is cool, I remember a BB King documentary I saw where he would go play at the prisons and you could see it did a lot for the inmates. Too bad it's all this christian stuff but still a show is nice.

Cafe Barbarian fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Nov 18, 2019

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I think I'll try to limit going to malls for a while.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1195761519033798656

Is he saying if you convert you have a higher chance of being chosen to be released by Texas governor?

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 18, 2019

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Are there any public hearings this week?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Vindman talks on Tuesday.

Edit:
Sondland Wednesday, Fiona Hill on Thursday. All public.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Idahoant posted:

Warfighter sounds like it's out of a playstation game

It is

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

https://mobile.twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1195761519033798656

Is he saying if you convert you have a higher chance of being chosen to be released by Texas governor?

Depends on which religion you convert to, Brother Mr Ice Cream Glove.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Lol of you think Trump would sound less coherent after a stroke

What if the stroke has turned him into some kind of unholy savant? Like a record-breaking cup-stacker or thumb wrestler? What then? :)

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

no, not the governor, but you'll have a higher chance of the parole board signing off on it

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
lol, the idea that Trump could actually be impeached was so damaging to them that they instead chose to kill him off in their headcanon.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Pretty sure having Joel Osteen and Kanye in the same room is the Grift Singularity

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

CubanMissile posted:

lol, the idea that Trump could actually be impeached was so damaging to them that they instead chose to kill him off in their headcanon.

Lord have mercy on the secret service dudes that have to schlep his 300 lb. gassy corpse hither and thither, weekend at donald's style.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Electric Bugaloo posted:

................wait....what?

Working on a mega yacht can range from well compensated and mellow to unbelievably awful. Like abused indentured worker in Dubai level awful.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
https://mobile.twitter.com/yashar/status/1196228071956897792

To be remembered once polling kicks up more frequently.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Idahoant posted:

I like how Trump and his designated stoolies can't admit that he has a health problem. Hell, they can't even admit that he's anything less than the peak of physical perfection. I think if you confronted Grisham she would probably have to claim that Trump could compete in the next olympic Decathlon if he wasn't so busy doing great feats of president.

Servicepeople it is.

Warfighter sounds like it's out of a playstation game but I guess attack helicopters Cobra and Venom do as well. It's better than the 2000s when people would call all servicepeople 'heroes'.

I kinda prefer "men and women in uniform" and leave it at that

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Electric Bugaloo posted:

I love that the whole redemption arc around the dude who started 8chan seems to hinge on him having gotten laid.

getting laid is what got us 8chan to begin with

at the very least his impetus for redemption is "doesnt want to go down having indirectly inspired a wave of worse killers and ignore it"

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Otteration posted:

Lord have mercy on the secret service dudes that have to schlep his 300 lb. gassy corpse hither and thither, weekend at donald's style.

I think their delusion is less Weekend at Bernie's and more Dave.

But man, imagine the task of finding a believable body double to impersonate Trump. Like, there are good enough actors to fill the role but getting someone to look just like him in those sweaty, you can see the pores shots... :stonk:

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Phobic Nest posted:

I think their delusion is less Weekend at Bernie's and more Dave.

But man, imagine the task of finding a believable body double to impersonate Trump. Like, there are good enough actors to fill the role but getting someone to look just like him in those sweaty, you can see the pores shots... :stonk:

What's Peter Jackson doing these days?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I guess it’s smart in a way. Being assassinated means they’ll have an excuse for why he can’t deliver on all the crazy poo poo they promised was right around the corner. Can’t put Obama and Hillary in chains if you’re dead.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Paracaidas posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/yashar/status/1196228071956897792

To be remembered once polling kicks up more frequently.

Rasmussen doubling down:https://twitter.com/Rasmussen_Poll/status/1196228985409159170

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004
God I really hope the Democrats will push Trump to testify to the public. They should be demanding it after the Yovanovitch hearing.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Tie off and collar undone?

That's angina.

what do you wanna bet that folder is an EKG readout?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

Rasmussen doubling down:

That's also how they weigh their polls.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Generally, becoming a born-again Christian is a good way to earn brownie points with a parole board/judge/etc in many parts of God’s Country (see the whole deal with the cop who entered a dude’s apartment and shot him, and the judge who gifted her a bible at sentencing).

Relatedly, becoming a Muslim in prison seems to have the opposite effect- first because of its association with Black Power and later because :911:

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Impeachment and the Stone Verdict Show Trump Is Surrounded by Criminals
nymag.com/Nov. 15, 2019
"From the perspective of President Trump’s frustrated critics, the attempts to subject him to legal accountability have amounted to a long string of failures. Robert Mueller failed to produce a clear indictment of his dealings with Russia, and impeachment appears headed toward a partisan stalemate that will leave him in office.

But as Trump’s constant boil of rage attests, those efforts have hardly failed. The legal ring surrounding him is collectively producing a historic indictment of his endemic corruption and criminality."

Senate report: Whistleblowers blast Trump administration's immigration policies
cnn.com/November 14, 2019
"The Trump administration's immigration policies have taken a toll on some of the officers tasked with carrying them out, according to a scathing report by Democratic Sen. Jeff Merkley.

The 81-page report released Thursday compiles whistleblower accounts and media reports to provide an overview of the administration's crackdown on migrants seeking asylum in the United States and attempts to curb migration to the southern border. "

Former SS guard goes on trial over 5,230 murders in what could be last ever Nazi prosecution of its kind
independent.co.uk/9 hours ago
"In what could possibly be the last court case of its kind, a former Nazi concentration camp guard is on trial in Hamburg.

Bruno Dey, who joined the SS in his teens, covered his face on his recent arrival at court in a wheelchair, on the third day of a 23-day trial, scheduled to run until late February. As a result of the ages of those involved, each trial day is limited to two hours a day and there are a maximum of two trial days per week.

Facing 5,230 counts of accessory to murder, Dey claimed in a statement he had no knowledge of the mass murders under way at the Stutthof concentration camp, despite admitting seeing prisoners led into the gas chambers, hearing their screams and noting the rattling of the steel door."

[Paraphrasing someone else: It would be nice if the last holocaust victim still breathed well after the last of of these nazi fucks experienced juctice.]

South Jersey man accused in synagogue vandalisms, revealing dark network of neo-Nazi organizing online
[Philadelphia] inquirer.com/November 15, 2019
"Federal authorities have accused a Camden County man of ordering the vandalism of two Midwestern synagogues earlier this year, making him the latest target of a law enforcement crackdown against alleged white nationalists in South Jersey.

Investigators say Richard Tobin, 18, of Brooklawn, used the neo-Nazi social network The Base to recruit the perpetrators who carried out the September attacks on synagogues in Michigan and Wisconsin."

Indigenous Activist Zip-Tied & Locked in Dog Kennel for 6 Hours for Protesting Dakota Access Pipeline
democracynow.org/November 16, 2016

Democrats Aren’t Moving Left. They’re Returning to Their Roots.
politico.com/November 04, 2018
"Be advised: “Democrats are in danger of going too far left in 2018.” So warn Republicans like Mitt Romney and ex-Democrats like Joe Lieberman and public personae as diverse as James Comey and Howard Schultz. In recent months, the pundit class has determined that the party’s leftward lurch heralds the rise of a “liberal tea party”—a movement that could very well unmoor Democrats from their longstanding center-left traditions, in close imitation of the spiral of events that caused the Republican Party to turn sharply to the right in recent years."
"But there’s something wrong with this historical interpretation: Truman strongly supported single-payer health care. Moynihan supported a universal basic income in the 1960s. Dating back to World War II, Democrats sought to make a government-paid education available to as many Americans as possible. If Democrats are marching to the left, that road leads directly back to platforms and politicians who, in their day, commanded wide support and existed firmly in the mainstream of political thought."

Democrats Not Headed Too Far Left, Says Ocasio-Cortez, 'We Are Bringing the Party Home'
commondreams.org/November 17, 2019
'"I want to be the party of the New Deal again," says the progressive congresswoman from New York. "The party of the Civil Rights Act, the one that electrified this nation and fights for all people."'

Florida Pastor Puts $4.4M Mansion Up For Auction After Losing Tax-Exempt Status
theintellectualist/"3 days"
'Pastor Markus Bishop lost the tax-exempt status of his multimillion dollar mansion last year after it was discovered that the minister allowed a nightclub to take it over during spring break to host foam and “anything but clothes” parties.'

The Latest: University asks HK protesters to leave campus
apnews.com/11 minutes ago
'"The president of a university in Hong Kong says that police have agreed to suspend their use of force after an all-night effort to flush out protesters occupying the campus.

Hong Kong Polytechnic University President Jin-Guang Teng said Monday that police would allow protesters to leave the campus, and that he would accompany them to the police station to ensure that their cases “will be fairly processed.”'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

FizFashizzle posted:

Tie off and collar undone?

That's angina.

what do you wanna bet that folder is an EKG readout?

I figure he got something stress-related, it can't be a coincidence that it happened now, with the impeachment inquiry going on.

In this instance, Trump is being no more dishonest than every President with health issues as they all lie about their health. FDR pretended to be able to walk, JFK pretended he was in tip-top health when he actually had a poo poo-load of health issues. Reagan's doctors hid his memory loss. There are probably more.

This is why it was so easy to believe the "Clinton is dying" hoax. Sure, she just had a little "cough" - oh, right that cough is now "pneumonia" and she passed out. Is this going to keep developing?