Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I was just playing with the Horrific Necktie png from the wiki. And you can too.

I might give it another go with some editing to fit their guidelines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

itry posted:

I was just playing with the Horrific Necktie png from the wiki. And you can too.

I might give it another go with some editing to fit their guidelines.

Let us know once it's "done" !

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Two friends just need to cosplay Harry and Kim already.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i was so impressed with the final dream because of how god drat deep and diverse it is. there must be 100 different questions you can ask, and 100 different ways dream-Dora can tell you what a pile of poo poo you are. it's incredible. i was emotionally exhausted by my own failures and shame and started just choosing the move-it-forward options. that shame will allow my Harry to build himself a bright, new future.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Its Coke posted:

speaking of fascism, I've been wondering, can you get pissed at Dora instead of being sad, if you're a fascist? just go full incel/Picasso on her?

yes, you can go completely nuclear and then smash the payphone when she hangs up on you

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Anyone else run into a weird game-stopping (endgame) bug after the tribunal? I wake up, in dialogue with kim, there's no option to exit the dialog. Just like 10 loose ends to talk about..

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Anyone else run into a weird game-stopping (endgame) bug after the tribunal? I wake up, in dialogue with kim, there's no option to exit the dialog. Just like 10 loose ends to talk about..

supposedly this is because the final option gets cut off and the text box won't scroll far enough for you to see it, theoretically you could still choose it by hitting the corresponding number key

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

cock hero flux posted:

supposedly this is because the final option gets cut off and the text box won't scroll far enough for you to see it, theoretically you could still choose it by hitting the corresponding number key

there's no "number 11" key

edit: setting text size to small works though

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Nov 18, 2019

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

there's no "number 11" key

some games have 11 dialogue options to choose from

others lol:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I didn't get the last dream sequence. What day do you get it?

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

SardonicTyrant posted:

I didn't get the last dream sequence. What day do you get it?

You get it if you take a nap on the island

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Reveilled posted:

You get it if you take a nap on the island

gently caress

I thought that bed only existed to replenish your health. Conventional RPG logic claims another victim,

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

steinrokkan posted:

gently caress

I thought that bed only existed to replenish your health. Conventional RPG logic claims another victim,

At first I didn't even realise it was a dream sequence, so when I "woke up" and Kim was gone I was like I KNEW IT, HE'S THE KILLER

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Reveilled posted:

At first I didn't even realise it was a dream sequence, so when I "woke up" and Kim was gone I was like I KNEW IT, HE'S THE KILLER

disgusting. how could you ever doubt your brother in arms, your fellow member of the Crime Bros?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Reveilled posted:

I feel like I should report you somewhere for having these thoughts.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Caufman posted:

Report back to us the quality of this tie and if it tells you to arrest people/molotov them.

Arrest people? My next tie only ever told me to get hosed up.

The conversation where Kim finally asks you what the gently caress is up with your tie had me laughing. If you give a straight-up honest truth that it's been talking to you and telling you to get wasted at crime scenes Kim's reaction is fantastic.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Accordion Man posted:

Two friends just need to cosplay Harry and Kim already.

With 'gently caress the World' and 'Pissf*****t' jackets, naturally, even if Kim wearing one isn't canon.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
Just curious, once I finish this game if I start again with that "give yourself all maxed stats/skills" cheat or whatever, does that mean I'm gonna have 24 different voices chiming in every dialogue? Because that poo poo be bangin' if so.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Yoshimo posted:

Just curious, once I finish this game if I start again with that "give yourself all maxed stats/skills" cheat or whatever, does that mean I'm gonna have 24 different voices chiming in every dialogue? Because that poo poo be bangin' if so.
Pretty much, watch the day just fly by.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

I haven't been following this thread since I've been trying to avoid any spoilers, but I was wondering if this game has a big time crunch going on. There's so much that I want to do but feels like so little time to do it. Am I going to lock myself out of finishing the main thing because I keep on getting distracted? Nearing the end of day 2.

Also, there's so much fun garbage I want to buy but also I have to pay rent and it's bullshit. Maybe I'm the one at fault for not fully embracing the hobocop lifestyle/building Communism yet, though...

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

It all works out fine.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
https://i.ibb.co/GWYqLmT/truck.jpg

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

staplegun posted:

I haven't been following this thread since I've been trying to avoid any spoilers, but I was wondering if this game has a big time crunch going on. There's so much that I want to do but feels like so little time to do it. Am I going to lock myself out of finishing the main thing because I keep on getting distracted? Nearing the end of day 2.

Also, there's so much fun garbage I want to buy but also I have to pay rent and it's bullshit. Maybe I'm the one at fault for not fully embracing the hobocop lifestyle/building Communism yet, though...

You'll be fine. There's plenty of time to do everything and almost everything is worth doing.

Find the plastic bag ASAP, gathering cans and bottles is a massive money bump if you're struggling for cash. Remember that you can't actually see the bottles and cans via tab if you don't have the bag in your hand.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Yoshimo posted:

not really. sometimes i wonder if there are volition checks against it

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Somfin posted:

You'll be fine. There's plenty of time to do everything and almost everything is worth doing.

Find the plastic bag ASAP, gathering cans and bottles is a massive money bump if you're struggling for cash. Remember that you can't actually see the bottles and cans via tab if you don't have the bag in your hand.

Thanks, I guess it'll be a bit before I can save up to force Kim to play in my D&D campaign with some sweet custom dice but I refuse to take bribes to make it happen.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

staplegun posted:

Thanks, I guess it'll be a bit before I can save up to force Kim to play in my D&D campaign with some sweet custom dice but I refuse to take bribes to make it happen.

I couldn't get Kim to play Wirral, though he will play Suzerainty.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I've seen screenshots of a Visual Calculus scene that reconstructs the canal and how you jumped your car over it but I haven't been able to work out how exactly that triggers. I've investigated the fence near the Whirling-In-Rags, and that sounds like it would lead to something, but it didn't.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
click on the sign in the water

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Yoshimo posted:

yeah it kicks rear end

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Glazius posted:

I've seen screenshots of a Visual Calculus scene that reconstructs the canal and how you jumped your car over it but I haven't been able to work out how exactly that triggers. I've investigated the fence near the Whirling-In-Rags, and that sounds like it would lead to something, but it didn't.

Visual Calculus is always amazing, the diagrams and music when you're in that mode are great, and he's like an idiot savant saying "tell them there's a 28% chance" and all the other stats are like "don't actually say 28% that sounds ridiculous!"

It's basically this:

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

This game made me so angry that I wrote an 800 word essay about why it loving sucks that we have made such incredible advancements in technology but haven't moved a single inch compared to 100+ years ago in how much time we have to expend on labor.

But also I'm a coward and think friends/family will call me stupid on facebook if I post it because I think it has a lot of hyperbole. I guess it's cathartic though :sigh:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

staplegun posted:

This game made me so angry that I wrote an 800 word essay about why it loving sucks that we have made such incredible advancements in technology but haven't moved a single inch compared to 100+ years ago in how much time we have to expend on labor.

But also I'm a coward and think friends/family will call me stupid on facebook if I post it because I think it has a lot of hyperbole. I guess it's cathartic though :sigh:

Say these communist or fascist things, or gently caress off

chesnok
Nov 14, 2014

Zero VGS posted:

Say these communist or fascist things, or gently caress off

:boom:

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

A draft: https://pastebin.com/GPX0DBFb

Let me know if it's insufferably bad, I'm not good at this (any) kind of writing and think it sounds kind of pretentious?

And, uh, I should probably remove the end bit with the guillotines. I kind of got really into it and said the quiet part out loud.

edit: also thanks for visiting my Disco Elysium fanfic
edit2: also I should probably not steal a line from micheal corleone in the godfather. It reads more like plagarism than a reference that assumes you know the speech and what he's trying to say. Well, that and the whole "is literally a mob boss" thing.

staplegun fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Nov 18, 2019

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Zero VGS posted:

Visual Calculus is always amazing, the diagrams and music when you're in that mode are great, and he's like an idiot savant saying "tell them there's a 28% chance" and all the other stats are like "don't actually say 28% that sounds ridiculous!"

It's basically this:

I think my favorite skill moment was when during the tribunal, all the other skills are readying for war, and then Empathy chimes in begging you to try in desperation...

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I was extremely drunk during the tribunal and blundered through it hitting buttons largely at random, but managed to save kim but lose a bunch of people. The next morning I was on an island and I couldn't remember how I got there

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

dex_sda posted:

I think my favorite skill moment was when during the tribunal, all the other skills are readying for war, and then Empathy chimes in begging you to try in desperation...
It’s even better: I was like “okay, would you sort it out already, which one of you is wrong here”, and then Empathy was like “fine, I was. It will certainly end in bloodshed”

Neuronyx
Dec 8, 2016

I don't know if anyone's said much about him because I don't want to slog through all the pages but Kim is my best friend and I will fight God for him if I have to.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Well, in answer to the thread topic it appears I'm a Sad Communist cop wallowing through impressive depths of self-pity over a broken heart. I'm just saying, I wish my escapism had a little more escapism to it :).

Also this game is loving brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Foglet posted:

It’s even better: I was like “okay, would you sort it out already, which one of you is wrong here”, and then Empathy was like “fine, I was. It will certainly end in bloodshed”

And even more betterer: if you actually follow Empathy's advice to 'start with the first option' and go from the top, you will eventually end up with two decisions - and shooting will be the first one