Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Hong Kong rioters are firebombing police riot trucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Can you post some Twitter links so I can follow

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Syrian Lannister posted:

Chileans did this last week and made it cool. They got the tipoff about laser pointers from HK though.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Syrian Lannister posted:

https://twitter.com/ThomasVLinge/status/1196069105633243139

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Holy fuuuuuuuck

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I've never seen it literally rain molotovs before, holy poo poo :stare:

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Good on them. But I don’t see this turning out very well.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

fuckin a HK

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

colachute posted:

Good on them. But I don’t see this turning out very well.

I don't see how it ends without this making Tiananmen Square look like a speeding ticket fine, and neither do the people of HK. They're getting ready to die. It's going to be horrible.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

These guys are goddamn heroes and it is not gonna end well for them :(

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Qanon groupies having a normal one...

https://twitter.com/mistermegative/status/1196132849528770560?s=19

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

If HK police killed everyone inside their siege you know the only reaction from the US government would be a Trump tweet saying we need to be able to do that in the US

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I keep seeing that same screenshot getting shared and I don't know if it's the actual Q narrative or one random crazy/troll

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

brains
May 12, 2004

how does this not end with every one of those dissidents getting slaughtered?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

brains posted:

how does this not end with every one of those dissidents getting slaughtered?

It doesn’t. The university is already sieged, there’s no way in or out and everyone that attempts to cross that line either direction is arrested.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

ElMaligno posted:

Spanish is my primary language you gringo.

I know, you're the guy who looks just like Tobias Fünke. But Spanish is the primary language of the dude who created that picture, pendejo. That's why I used a quote from him.

And call me guerro.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

so wait is BLM here supposed to be Black Lives Matter or Bureau of Land Management, I can see it either way

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

so wait is BLM here supposed to be Black Lives Matter or Bureau of Land Management, I can see it either way

Search your heart. You know the answer to that question.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

It's getting hot in here

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

PIIIISSSSSSSSSSS

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Kesper North posted:

I don't see how it ends without this making Tiananmen Square look like a speeding ticket fine, and neither do the people of HK. They're getting ready to die. It's going to be horrible.

Can't wait for Donny dickbrains to side with strong xi and make every republican who "sided with HK" walk back their statements.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

hobbesmaster posted:

It doesn’t. The university is already sieged, there’s no way in or out and everyone that attempts to cross that line either direction is arrested.

This is horrifying, lots of good people are going to get maimed or killed. On the bright side if school has recently taught me anything its that universitys are stocked with enough material and brain power to be extremely dangerous targets to seize. Food and water will be the big decider on how long they can last.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

This is horrifying, lots of good people are going to get maimed or killed. On the bright side if school has recently taught me anything its that universitys are stocked with enough material and brain power to be extremely dangerous targets to seize. Food and water will be the big decider on how long they can last.

the university has one of the main internet connections for the island too, so once China goes China they'll prolly go dark

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Didn't open source twitter post a few weeks ago that the PRC had like, two regiments or something of regular troops camped right next door?

RIP HK.

:piss:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

hobbesmaster posted:

If HK police killed everyone inside their siege you know the only reaction from the US government would be a Trump tweet saying we need to be able to do that in the US

It would have never gotten to this point in this country before the police murdered everybody in the area. The RW would celebrate it

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

BLM supersoldiers team up with BLM supersoldiers to seize all the cattle and then behead all the white ranchers on public lands, maniacally firing confiscated AR-15s in triumph out of the windows of stolen police cruisers.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

pantslesswithwolves posted:

BLM supersoldiers team up with BLM supersoldiers to seize all the cattle and then behead all the white ranchers on public lands, maniacally firing confiscated AR-15s in triumph out of the windows of stolen police cruisers.

This is the future AOC wants

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

This is the future I wants

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

All that's missing is the Cranberries cover.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I just hope they can take time out of their busy schedule to round up every rear end in a top hat who rides ATVs/UTVs through areas they've clearly and repeatedly been told not to, the guillotine is too good for them

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

:piss:

C2N14
Jul 11, 2018

Destroyer of spectrometers

Kesper North posted:

Chileans did this last week and made it cool. They got the tipoff about laser pointers from HK though.

Uhhhh...what tipoff re laser pointers?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Scrambling facial recognition and cameras.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/hong-kong-protest-lasers-facial-recognition-technology-1.5240651

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I'm finding a bunch of stuff on the gram

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4_Jn9GAbpN/?igshid=5yl5cmazclh9

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

WOW. PLA is gonna make Tienanmen square look like a Chicago police traffic stop after this.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

C2N14 posted:

Uhhhh...what tipoff re laser pointers?

They brought down a police drone with a bunch of laser pointers. Messed with the position sensors I guess, and it just dove for the ground.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Y'all forgot Tahrir Square already?

E: Oh poo poo that was six years ago??!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't think it would cause it to crash but I could totally see it tripping the "woah, I don't know where I am, better set down right here nice and slow" thing because that's what it looked like in those videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Everyone really needs to watch the Netflix documentary called To Be Of Service. It's about service dogs and how much they help vets with PTSD and TBI. It's probably going to be very triggering (talk of suicide attempts and war atrocities) for some people here so fair warning. But I found it to be really interesting and I think it'd be really helpful for those of you with family members that don't quite understand PTSD. Warning: kind of decent, kind of cringeworthy original Bon Jovi song at the end.

They also brought up the term "moral injury" in the documentary. One guy said that "it's part of the reason why you feel so much self-loathing and contempt for yourself that it physically hurts." Another continues "when we're not tiven genuinely moral and just and utterly necessary missions and causes and use violence for any other purpose, we will feel shame and guilt from behaving immorally."

Another vet continued: "Moral injury is when there's a disconnect between what you believe and what you hold sacred, and what you are asked to do."

From Wikipedia: "Moral injury refers to an injury to an individual's moral conscience and values resulting from an act of perceived moral transgression, which produces profound emotional guilt and shame, and in some cases also a sense of betrayal, anger and profound "moral disorientation"."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_injury

It seems like now there's a phrase for the feeling the guys have about your service.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Nov 18, 2019