Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Don't bother arguing with Kawalimus in good faith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Kawalimus means well, he just has PTSD.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

No please not Harbaugh chat again

Provided nothing goes off the rails I'm actually somewhat concerned about someone yoinking Wink in the offseason because people haven't learned their lesson about hiring Ravens DCs as head coach yet.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

sorry sorry it is very hard not to take the bait sometimes

Anyway on the subject of hiring up coordinators I'd suggest looking at how Vic Fangio's working out in Denver. Past performance does not guarantee future returns and all that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Eagles should never have gotten rid of Big Dick Nick

It rules that they made the obvious wrong decision and everyone knew it

MJeff posted:

He won them a super bowl, for crying out loud. What is it with otherwise intelligently run teams and this sunk cost poo poo at QB?

I'd question their otherwise intelligence at this point. The one rational thing I can remember them doing all decade was "not even letting Chip Kelly finish out the regular season before telling him to pack his poo poo", and the fan reaction to even that was immediate surprise they actually did it

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Pretty clear Nick Foles is not the long term answer for any NFL team. The problem is that Wentz might not be either.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

I don't pay attention to the Eagles so I don't know if this was actually a common thing or not, but I'm glad I can finally share here among my people that I wondered about that move quite a bit at the time.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Poor Haskins I hope he gets a chance to play for a real team some day.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Pretty clear Nick Foles is not the long term answer for any NFL team. The problem is that Wentz might not be either.

Maybe not, but it was pretty obvious they were keeping one of them and Wentz probably has more upside potential. Foles play in the playoffs last year was pretty uninspiring.

Chris James 2 posted:

The correct decision would have been to get rid of both guys and draft Lamar.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Poor Haskins I hope he gets a chance to play for a real team some day.

Not me, watching Ohio State QBs flop in the NFL is one of the few football-related joys that I have left. To be fair to Haskins though, I can't think of a shittier situation to be in.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Since 2011 the following qbs have had 5 straight games with 2+ tds and 0 ints:

Drew Brees
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Aaron Rodgers
Russell Wilson
Josh Allen

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Print the Coozies

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

C-Euro posted:

Not me, watching Ohio State QBs flop in the NFL is one of the few football-related joys that I have left. To be fair to Haskins though, I can't think of a shittier situation to be in.

Haskins was the one though. He had it all, rocket arm, smarts, leadership, pocket awareness. He is the only Ohio State QB I can remember in my lifetime that looked like a real deal can't miss pro prospect. Joe Germaine, Troy Smith, J.T. Barrett, and Craig Krenzel were all smart but lacked physical skills. Miller, Pryor, and Jones were all physical studs, but lacked the mechanics, and leadership needed to compete at an NFL level. Though I still have a very small hope that Jones might one day light it up off the bench. Haskins on the other hand is a prototype for everything a team looks for in a pro QB, and he landed in the one place that is going to ruin him in less than two seasons.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Haskins was the one though. He had it all, rocket arm, smarts, leadership, pocket awareness. He is the only Ohio State QB I can remember in my lifetime that looked like a real deal can't miss pro prospect. Joe Germaine, Troy Smith, J.T. Barrett, and Craig Krenzel were all smart but lacked physical skills. Miller, Pryor, and Jones were all physical studs, but lacked the mechanics, and leadership needed to compete at an NFL level. Though I still have a very small hope that Jones might one day light it up off the bench. Haskins on the other hand is a prototype for everything a team looks for in a pro QB, and he landed in the one place that is going to ruin him in less than two seasons.

Physically, sure, but he was viewed as pretty raw and in need of work. It's not like he's a generational prospect getting ruined, he's a project getting ruined that might have never worked out anywhere.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
drafted after mitchell trubisky

patrick mahomes
deshaun watson

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

“If you look closely you can actually pinpoint the exact moment his heart breaks in two.”

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Please don't mention Troy Smith's name TYVM.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Athanatos posted:

“If you look closely you can actually pinpoint the exact moment his heart breaks in two.”

Fuckin oof. There goes a broken man. :(

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Please don't mention Troy Smith's name TYVM.

Shaun Hill

Just Touchdowns O'Sullivan

Cody Pickett

Tim Rattay

Ken Dorsey

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SKULL.GIF posted:

Shaun Hill

Just Touchdowns O'Sullivan

Cody Pickett

Tim Rattay

Ken Dorsey

This blasphemy against Shaun Hill will not stand, sir.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
he sucks at football but poor guy

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Ken Dorsey was fun because even when he "played" for the Browns he was really just an extra QB coach. He was like a baseball manager where he got to dress up like the players, but was never supposed to go into the games. I remember one time our first, and second stringer got hurt, and rather than put in Dorsey Josh Cribbs went in at QB for a series or two.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Ken Dorsey started for an NFL team in college.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

No Irish Need Imply posted:

he sucks at football but poor guy

Yea, I actually feel bad for him. It's not his fault he sucks, I believe all the press about how he's a very hard worker, but the idiots running the team have basically set him up for humiliation by asking him to do the impossible and be a good QB.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Yudo posted:

Ken Dorsey started for an NFL team in college.

Ken Dorsey's NFL career in a nutshell.

"On November 30, 2008, Dorsey was sent into the game against the Indianapolis Colts after Derek Anderson was injured; he threw two passes, one incomplete, the other an interception."

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yea, I actually feel bad for him. It's not his fault he sucks, I believe all the press about how he's a very hard worker, but the idiots running the team have basically set him up for humiliation by asking him to do the impossible and be a good QB.

I didn't think that SNF tonight would make me feel bad for Mitch, but it somehow did.

I'm really wondering how MNF is gonna go. The past two primetime games have been some roller-coasters.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Ken Dorsey's NFL career in a nutshell.

"On November 30, 2008, Dorsey was sent into the game against the Indianapolis Colts after Derek Anderson was injured; he threw two passes, one incomplete, the other an interception."

Derek Anderson. That's a powerful cursed name.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Athanatos posted:

Nagy might have lost the locker room with this, it's insane how he found the one wrong moment

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

mastershakeman posted:

Nagy might have lost the locker room with this, it's insane how he found the one wrong moment

What happened?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Patrick Spens posted:

What happened?

Benched trubs down 10 wirh 3:30 to go and 3 timeouts, and Mitch wasn't playing any worse than normal with lots of drops from his wrs . Just stick with him, or bench him at half after the scoreless first half, or bench him either or the last two weeks after their even worse halves

This was one of the better all around games Mitch had and yet it's the one he got benched in

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I loved it when they sent out the release that Trubs had a "hip injury" and Al Michaels basically did a wanking motion on the air just going "okay sure, whatever you say"

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Trainers didn't look at mitch, no visit to the tent, didn't go to locker room, totally a hip inury so they could hide him from.the media (I'm guessing he didn't take questions)

Ridiculous

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Benne posted:

I loved it when they sent out the release that Trubs had a "hip injury" and Al Michaels basically did a wanking motion on the air just going "okay sure, whatever you say"

gif?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

How often do you see a coach exhibit absolutely zero faith in his quarterback?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mitch still might turn into a decent QB but it'll take time, a better coach, and now someplace other than Chicago

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

get him in the right situation and dangit we could turn him into the new brian hoyer

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

Mitch still might turn into a decent QB but it'll take time, a better coach, and now someplace other than Chicago

and really why would anyone invest any time or patience into him at this point

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

mastershakeman posted:

Benched trubs down 10 wirh 3:30 to go and 3 timeouts, and Mitch wasn't playing any worse than normal with lots of drops from his wrs . Just stick with him, or bench him at half after the scoreless first half, or bench him either or the last two weeks after their even worse halves

This was one of the better all around games Mitch had and yet it's the one he got benched in

Yeeeesh.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

AndrewP posted:

and really why would anyone invest any time or patience into him at this point

Their rich uncle died and promised to leave them hundreds of millions of dollars but only if they can get Mitch to have a single game with a perfect passer rating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Barudak posted:

Their rich uncle died and promised to leave them hundreds of millions of dollars but only if they can get Mitch to have a single game with a perfect passer rating

Not even on his 6 TD game.