Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The baby, I am. Love me, you must.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Jawas are assholes. I have spoken.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lester Shy posted:

I remember all of the message boards and fan magazines prior to Episode 1 hyping up Aurra Sing as the next big thing, "Babe Fett" etc. And then she's in the movie in a cutaway shot for like half a second and never shows up again in that trilogy.

Yeah. I mean, she was all over the comics I know, but aside from that it didn't really happen, probably at least because Fett actually got two lines of dialogue and a full body shot.

And then Sing would go on to be killed by Woody Harrelson and it's hard to live that down.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Wait a minute, no love for "best bounty hunter in the parsec" ?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I didn't even think about this, are Resistance episodes going to go up on Disney + as they air?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

mllaneza posted:

Wait a minute, no love for "best bounty hunter in the parsec" ?

I love it. Especially Herzog's delivery of the line.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

twistedmentat posted:

I didn't even think about this, are Resistance episodes going to go up on Disney + as they air?

As far as I could tell they only had season 1 up at launch.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

teagone posted:

I love it. Especially Herzog's delivery of the line.

I'm not sure I can pick a favourite Herzog line out of that entire scene

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Sam Witwer/Ian McDirmid palpatine comparison from rebels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_47yG4OGYo

Sam does a very good job but just lacks that little bit of over-the-top-ness of the delivery.

Odd that Disney+ isn't going with the DVD release with McDirmid re-dub.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Pops Mgee posted:

As far as I could tell they only had season 1 up at launch.

Ah too bad, it would have been nice to have the episodes go up after they air.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

The baby, I am. Love me, you must.

The mother, you are not.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/Bosslogic/status/1195906966096240640

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Happy 41st birthday to the very first Star Wars television project, The Star Wars Holiday Special

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

drunkill posted:

Sam Witwer/Ian McDirmid palpatine comparison from rebels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_47yG4OGYo

Sam does a very good job but just lacks that little bit of over-the-top-ness of the delivery.

Odd that Disney+ isn't going with the DVD release with McDirmid re-dub.

This made me excited all over again for Sheev in TROS. McDiarmid has one hell of a voice.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Lester Shy posted:

I remember all of the message boards and fan magazines prior to Episode 1 hyping up Aurra Sing as the next big thing, "Babe Fett" etc. And then she's in the movie in a cutaway shot for like half a second and never shows up again in that trilogy.

So exactly like Boba Fett.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I remember when Aurra Sing was a former Jedi-turned-Jedi-Hunter

Then Ventress came along and stole half of her backstory

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It’s not MandalorianChat, but last night a couple friends made me watch the first Ewoks TV movie and... I didn’t hate it? It’s definitely dumb as poo poo and has barely any production value and the human characters are just the worst, but it was oddly charming and we had a good laugh at its expense.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It’s not MandalorianChat, but last night a couple friends made me watch the first Ewoks TV movie and... I didn’t hate it? It’s definitely dumb as poo poo and has barely any production value and the human characters are just the worst, but it was oddly charming and we had a good laugh at its expense.

Well, then you'll really enjoy the second Ewok TV movie.

Henker
May 5, 2009

I have a soft spot for the Ewoks movies because they're straight-up sword and sorcery films. Like in the second one they fight a witch who lives in a castle and controls a band of orcs.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/BBW_BFF/status/1196270372460453888

https://twitter.com/BBW_BFF/status/1196271163594264576

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
its been loving forever since ive watched either set, but werent the ewok films basically the willow films...just theyre ewoks instead of dwarves

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

PantsOptional posted:

That doesn't work. It's too old for that. At fifty years old, given when this show takes place, it's as old as Anakin would be at this point. It's very slightly older than the clone army project on Kamino as well.

Maybe Yobaby is the chosen one!

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Excuse the presentation of this video but it is a great examination of both Ewok films.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KorPqlQBIQ4

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

I sort of wish that instead of making Yaddle, a Yoda-Lady who is apparently onscreen for exactly 17 seconds, the Prequels just gave Yoda a voluminous coif of beautiful brown hair. He could have lost his hair in his fight with Sheev, or otherwise had it fall out over his 20 years on Dagobah, from the crippling stress of his survivor's guilt.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oh, my. Clone Wars thinks I want to watch The Young Boba Fett Chronicles.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Thwomp posted:

Excuse the presentation of this video but it is a great examination of both Ewok films.

Haven't watched the video yet but I'm chuckling at the dumb clickbaity title "The 2 Star Wars Films They Don't Want You To See"

...Unless you own Amazon Prime.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Wow, that most recent episode of Resistance was...bad. Like, really bad. Worst precocious TV children I’ve seen in a long time, and Kaz being a clumsy, obnoxious idiot was cranked up to thirteen. Just a really grating episode.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

AndyElusive posted:

Haven't watched the video yet but I'm chuckling at the dumb clickbaity title "The 2 Star Wars Films They Don't Want You To See"

...Unless you own Amazon Prime.

Yeah, there's a tendency to mistake obscurity for active suppression.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Presented without comment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL-VHe_4GmE

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

I've seen that one before, but it's still good.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I admire the decision by whomever who decided that all Jedi in Clone Wars are also martial arts masters but especially Ahsoka apparently.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
George Lucas circa Episode 1, presumably.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Phylodox posted:

Wow, that most recent episode of Resistance was...bad. Like, really bad. Worst precocious TV children I’ve seen in a long time, and Kaz being a clumsy, obnoxious idiot was cranked up to thirteen. Just a really grating episode.

If there was going to be another season, it would have been fine if it was just there to introduce a new character, but when there's only so many episodes left, it was a waste.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"A young lad who fights impossible odds to fulfill his destiny...what was that called? Oh yeah! Corvette Summer." is still amazing.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Well, Chapter 3 leaves me with more questions than answers; but that was a drat good episode of TV

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

It's a small thing, but I like how Mando refers to the yodaling as "the kid" :3:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Episode was decent, but it’s definitely the first one that felt like it was made on a tv budget. Some of the Mandos at the end looked goofy as hell flying in and fighting. I know they invited some 501st stormtrooper guys to come be extras, did they do the same for the Mando Mercs? Because that would explain some things.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

To be fair, it was goofy in AoTC too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ODI04FWyQI

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I would die for baby Yoda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

LOL I never noticed the door on Slave 1 hitting Jango in the head as he enters before.