Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
What the gently caress? Baga sucks. Made me feel so bad I immediately made a lunch date with my own mom, jesus.

e: Idea for a talk show: Baha Chipz and Joslyn Fox interviewing celebrity mothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I can't imagine Baga was intentionally being nasty, probably just nervous and making excuses which ended up as her absolutely roasting her poor mom. That was rough to watch.

Give DDC the crown pls

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Any Canadian queens know the deal with DR Canada casting? Hearing its all Toronto and a few Montreal queens. Not entirely surprising but disappointing if true.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Normy posted:

Any Canadian queens know the deal with DR Canada casting? Hearing its all Toronto and a few Montreal queens. Not entirely surprising but disappointing if true.

Where else in Canada has a big drag scene? I imagine Vancouver, but I'm not familiar.

If it's mostly Toronto queens, I have a chance in hell of knowing someone!!! If they are over 30!

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Basically all our major cities have a scene of some kind. Would have expected a bit of Vancouver represented at least.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Just like the way S12 of RPDR is rumored to have a TON of NYC queens... and none from Chicago! <:mad:>

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Normy posted:

Basically all our major cities have a scene of some kind. Would have expected a bit of Vancouver represented at least.

Honestly, since they're filming in Hamilton and probably don't have a huge budget for the first season/no VH1 partnership, they're likely just casting people they can put on the GO train instead of paying airfare.

e: Montreal has a big drag scene, as does Halifax (which is sort of made up of queens from PEI/NS/NB/NL.) Even smaller cities like Kingston where I live have a 'scene' which is mostly like 12 or so performers, but still enough to make for a few seasons of the show if they run out of Toronto queens.

It's actually pretty interesting that while the number of queens stays pretty stable with a few new ones every year, there's been a boom in drag kings. We've got 3-4 now as opposed to none ever previously.

angerbot fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 19, 2019

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

angerbeet posted:

Honestly, since they're filming in Hamilton

lmao never mind

I AM KIDDING!!! Very much looking forward to seeing more drag from across Canada. Celine must be vindicated in the Snatch Game!

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

angerbeet posted:

PEI/NS/NB/NL

my brain tried to parse this as words and read it as "penis nibble"

I had no idea they were filming in Hamilton of all places

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Hamilton! It's not that far from Toronto but not far enough!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Normy posted:

As a native Detroiter, I demand justice for Windsor.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

They're probably filming in Toronto or smth, so mostly casting queens from back east :shrug:

I've been slacking off on keeping up with Vancouver's drag scene lately, but we've got a great variety of queens. Lotta weird ones. One of my work buds opened for Bob when his tour rolled thru here!

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Spuckuk posted:

I need The Vivienne to win the whole drat show, and not just because i live in Liverpool.

Also if anything bad happens to Sum Tin Wong i am very likely to ugly cry.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I miss everyone from RPDRUK and I like them all so much and I might go to Werq this year just because one or more will be there fosho.

If detox does SEX again, I will be very mad. But also very happy, because omgilovedetoxsomuch

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Major laughter once I realized I recognized one of the choreographers from Love Island...

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Booooooooo

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

zelah posted:

Booooooooo

Oh, boo yourself.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Can’t stop thinking about how ‘dogs bollocks’ is an auto antonym between British English and Australian English

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

not done the episode yet, but this top 3 performance is A+++ best final song in terms of quality. i'm gna stan read u wrote u forever tho.

but blast off (to the moon) has always been a bop and all 3 finalists can loving sing A++++++++

e: also dear god i miss the days of having a top 3. gently caress top 4s.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

divina's runway look :discourse:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I totally forgot DRUK was happening and just marathoned it just in time for the finale. As a Canadian it's super novel to see an episode of TV with a Scouser, Irish and Geordie all talking at the same time. Elimination order seemed to be pretty sound this time around even though I think Cheryl definitely won that lipsync. Baga definitely had no chance in hell of winning once she dragged her mom on national TV. Blu's got a look down amazingly well but she's got that stinky young queen personality and shallowness that'll take a few years to mature past.

Honestly either DDC or Vivian would've made a great winner so I can't be unhappy!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

that lip sync was quality. i miss a top 3 into top 2 lip syncing for the crown. gently caress the grand finale bs.

i miss george michael :(

figured viv would win, wanted ddc to, woulda been happy with any of the top 3

gr8 season of drag race imo, felt a lot like old drag race much of the time and I'm lookin forward to series 2 bb

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Drag Race UK finale: Michelle Visage praises show’s Britishness

This is the shadiest article

quote:

Winner The Vivienne, 27, told BBC Three at the finale that her life "has completely changed" since taking part in the show.

She also reflected on the emotional moment in the show when she talked about her history of drug use.

"My parents didn't know before it aired [but] they were great, thank god."

She says she's been flooded with messages from people going through a similar situation.

Runner-up Divina De Campo said: "All I wanted to do this entire time on the show was just to be really true to myself. And I feel like, for the most part, I was."

Divina, 35, made a mark on the show by talking about how, as a teenager, she'd been affected by Section 28 - a law that banned the promotion of homosexuality in schools.

"I think for people of my generation, Section 28 had a really massive impact on our lives because everything about being gay in schools was taken out, so you have no reference.

"There was no anchor point for you to understand what it is that you're thinking or feeling or going through."

Baga Chipz was the second runner up, making it to the final three.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Hahaha loving oof.

I've never seen someone so resigned to third place.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
The only thing with the Vivienne is that ketamine story is a bit of a hard sell. My husband is a leading researcher in neurology specifically addictions, and he finds it very difficult to believe that the Vivienne was taking enough ketamine for a full blown addiction and doing six nights in drag as she said on TV. Viv also mentioned it was an on and off again addiction.

She might struggle with drug abuse, that's definitely a problem, but I think it's difficult to say she was a full blown addict. Most likely she didn't want to expand on the full story of what she went through and gave us a G-rated version, especially since she knew her parents were watching.

Who knows, I really liked her and DDC and am really happy that either one of them won

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It was English, not British.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Guilty posted:

The only thing with the Vivienne is that ketamine story is a bit of a hard sell. My husband is a leading researcher in neurology specifically addictions, and he finds it very difficult to believe that the Vivienne was taking enough ketamine for a full blown addiction and doing six nights in drag as she said on TV. Viv also mentioned it was an on and off again addiction.

She might struggle with drug abuse, that's definitely a problem, but I think it's difficult to say she was a full blown addict. Most likely she didn't want to expand on the full story of what she went through and gave us a G-rated version, especially since she knew her parents were watching.

Who knows, I really liked her and DDC and am really happy that either one of them won

From the local grapevine, Viv was on a lot more than Ketamine. Full on cocaine and heroin problems, both of which are pretty rife in Liverpool.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I was pulling for DDC but I couldn't fault Viv's victory. Viv had the best presence in the final song, had the most polished runway look, and won the final LSFYL.

The surprise for me was hearing sponsor names during the crowning. Was that only in the Wow Presents version?

I may actually watch that Viv/Baga 45/Thatcher morning tv show on Wow Presents next month.

e: Also, ALL STARS WHEN?

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

ICHIBAHN posted:

It was English, not British.

Cmon now, there was a Northern Iron and Canadian too

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Kill All Cops posted:

Cmon now, there was a Northern Iron and Canadian too

And a Scouser

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Spuckuk posted:

From the local grapevine, Viv was on a lot more than Ketamine. Full on cocaine and heroin problems, both of which are pretty rife in Liverpool.

That sounds much more plausible

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Spuckuk posted:

And a Scouser

Just bc we can’t understand you doesn’t mean you aren’t English luv

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

For real though if we don’t get a Scottish queen in s2 I’m gonna be furious

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Every progressive series of RPDRUK has a non-London winner until the fanbase eats itself

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Welsh winner when??

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Can you picture a totally happy werkroom kiki with all the eliminated queens right before the crowning with any other season’s cast? That was really fun to watch.

Robot Mil
Apr 13, 2011

I’m not mad that Viv won but had a huge eye roll at Baga getting nothing but praise in the judge’s final comments, while they criticized some of Davina’s looks. Baga was a total mess half the time!

I loved how genuinely supportive and real the queens were with each other, didn’t get a fake or bitter vibe from any of them.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I got kind of a salty vibe from scardy Kat but that might just be her makeup

Robot Mil
Apr 13, 2011

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I got kind of a salty vibe from scardy Kat but that might just be her makeup

I dunno I find her way of speaking a little off generally, not sure how much is the character vs overall nerves vs her own personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Robot Mil posted:

I’m not mad that Viv won but had a huge eye roll at Baga getting nothing but praise in the judge’s final comments, while they criticized some of Davina’s looks. Baga was a total mess half the time!

I loved how genuinely supportive and real the queens were with each other, didn’t get a fake or bitter vibe from any of them.

yeaaaahhhh she's been getting a "star power" free pass on her looks all season.
She was 100% bottom two for the brillo dress, full stop.