Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

track day bro! posted:

fluking into a podium place doesnt make them magically not poo poo

:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Anyway congratulation to the two real honest Italian teams, Minardi and Alfa Romeo on their performance on sunday

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Worth noting that the only honest Italian team is Scuderia Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, because Ferrari are not honest and Alfa is Swiss

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Worth noting that the only honest Italian team is Scuderia Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, because Ferrari are not honest and Alfa is Swiss

switzerland is italy

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
No way, Switzerland is France or Germany

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
France is just pretentious Italy with less passion and honesty

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Khablam posted:

No, he sucks. Vettel rudely chinked left to make Leclerc put himself in a worse position for the next corner, and Charles just let Vettel hit him.

Reactions of a drowning whale.

Hey, you might want to avoid unfortunate typos like this in the future, just a heads up.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

No way, Switzerland is France or Germany

You can have fun in France and Germany, in Switzerland you'd better be rich as poo poo or very lucky.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Despite starting really badly I’ve enjoyed this season since Austria. I’d honestly say it’s the best of the current Turbo era.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Frond posted:

Despite starting really badly I’ve enjoyed this season since Austria. I’d honestly say it’s the best of the current Turbo era.

Totally agree. It's gone on too long, though. Interlagos had this strange vibe, like extra time in a footy match. I can scarcely believe there is one more.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

iospace posted:

Hey, you might want to avoid unfortunate typos like this in the future, just a heads up.
It's not a typo, there's more than one meaning.
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/chinked

The verb form is to make a small gap larger or smaller.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Sulman posted:

Totally agree. It's gone on too long, though. Interlagos had this strange vibe, like extra time in a footy match. I can scarcely believe there is one more.

The calendar should be 16-17 rounds, ending either in Suzuka or Interlagos. I’d compromise on 19.

Too many rounds, too many lovely tracks.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Khablam posted:

No you meant jinked: "to move quickly or unexpectedly with sudden turns and shifts (as in dodging)"

you just made a dumb mistake (which is fine) and are now getting defensive about it (which is funny) to the point of making poo poo up. much like vettel did when he jinked to the left.

unless of course you actually view what vettel did as "filling in the chink between himself and leclerc" in which case that's super wierd and i'm giving you too much credit. It's fine to not be a native english speaker and make mistakes, just be like lewis and own up to them in a mature and #blessed fashion

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 18, 2019

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Khablam posted:

Uhh are you trying to embolden racist ideology??

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
every edgelord 7th grader: “it means cheap!!”

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
It’s a slur for Chinese people Khablam.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

No you meant jinked: "to move quickly or unexpectedly with sudden turns and shifts (as in dodging)"

you just made a dumb mistake (which is fine) and are now getting defensive about it (which is funny) to the point of making poo poo up. much like vettel did when he jinked to the left.
In English, past tenses of nouns are often used to create a verb for a related action.
For instance, you'd identify a gap in a curtain as "a chink in the curtains". If this annoys you, you might ask someone to "[un]chink the curtains".
I went to a private Grammar School, comprehensive boy.
Granted I've basically never heard the same word used as a slur, so saw nothing wrong in my construction. I won't use it again if people hear the slur first.

Also lewis got shitowned in that race lmao

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
British people are so bad at English they have to attended a school solely dedicated to teaching them how to speak properly.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
How are you this lousy at your own language.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

We know what it means but it is used as a racist slur so don’t loving use it why is this hard

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Khablam posted:

agreed my friend! I trust we're using the old english dialect version of "shitowned" that derives from the French "chiteaun" meaning "extremely #blessed and determined in battle" ?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Fluffdaddy posted:

We know what it means but it is used as a racist slur so don’t loving use it why is this hard
Wow you're going to feel really stupid when you learn not every country is America.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Khablam posted:

Wow you're going to feel really stupid when you learn not every country is America.

I don’t live in America.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
kubica really doesnt need to race next week. put latiffi in the car. that pit stop was almost criminal.

also ban williams

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Cool, I used to get the slur on the regular. Outside of specifically the saying "a chink in the armor" I hear it as such.

Also thanks to espn even that got a bit hosed up.

Khablam posted:

In English, past tenses of nouns are often used to create a verb for a related action.
For instance, you'd identify a gap in a curtain as "a chink in the curtains". If this annoys you, you might ask someone to "[un]chink the curtains".
Granted I've basically never heard the same word used as a slur, so saw nothing wrong in my construction. I won't use it again if people hear the slur first.

Thanks for the grammar lesson and your congrats on your sheltered upbringing. Now for once listen to the thread elders and shut the gently caress up.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I agree, shut up about it now

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Actually, racism owns

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wow. So many nice posts saying nice things about McLaren. Thanks guys :)

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what the gently caress is a private grammar school

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

DoctorGonzo posted:

what the gently caress is a private grammar school

vOv.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

what's the gently caress is the status of mclaren's new wind tunnel

Will be ready for 2021 at the earliest

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
I remember #Linsanity.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

OhsH posted:

Actually, racism owns

Are you a soccer fan from Italy?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Can you like a sport but absolutely despise it’s fanbase? That is my relationship with Soccer.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Frond posted:

Can you like a sport but absolutely despise it’s fanbase? That is my relationship with Soccer.

Yes.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

See also: me with f1

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Edit: sorry mods

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Khablam posted:

im glad you made this post because i realise that yer an even bigger oval office than i realised, barry homeowner rear end nigga

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

This reminds me a bit of a /r/f1 thread I read where some Americans got uppity about the word oriental; the writer was british where it commonly means 'of the orient', but like SA it's predominantly American so probably easier to think about what you type, rather than risk being called racist when you explain what a word means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

This is officially the Ferrari of threads. Hope you’re all happy.