Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I guess we could put it in the cop thread with the rest of the problematic topics.

Have some more news

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1196507660771844103?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I guess we could put it in the cop thread with the rest of the problematic topics.

Have some more news

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1196507660771844103?s=20

That would probably genuinely be a good spin in response to the approval numbers his staff faked.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Fallom posted:

Weird to go from “I don’t understand the problem” to “what should we do about it” only to end up with “actually just don’t say anything here” but ok.

This was my very first post on the topic:

colachute posted:

Just report it instead of making GBS threads up the thread about it.

“Don’t poo poo up the thread.”

And then:

colachute posted:

I think we all know that those names were in extremely poor taste and would likely preclude us from running for office if it ever got out. But I’m not sure why it’s coming up now unless people are gonna get banned for it or be forced to apologize for it or something.

“Unless you want to do something about it, don’t poo poo up the thread.”

And then:

colachute posted:

What do you think we should do about it

“Since you wanna poo poo up the thread, what do you think we should do about it?”

Are you raging at me just to rage at someone? I’ve been incredibly consistent, and you still haven’t really said what you think we should do about it, but ok.

colachute fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Nov 18, 2019

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

colachute posted:

This was my very first post on the topic:

“Don’t poo poo up the thread.”

And then:

“Unless you want to do something about it, don’t poo poo up the thread.”

And then:

“Since you wanna poo poo up the thread, what do you think we should do about it?”

Are you raging at me just to rage at someone? I’ve been incredibly consistent, but ok.

No I’m not raging at you. This is not about you.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Fallom posted:

No I’m not raging at you. This is not about you.

I apologize for addressing the post you made directly towards me. It was my mistake.

So again, what do you want us to do about it?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

colachute posted:

I apologize for addressing the post you made directly towards me. It was my mistake.

So again, what do you want us to do about it?

Thanks. I disagree with your approach. I’d be happy if we just called his poo poo out when we see it instead of hiding it under a rug. Same goes for the other dude if he’s being anti-Semitic.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Fallom posted:

Thanks. I disagree with your approach. I’d be happy if we just called his poo poo out when we see it instead of hiding it under a rug. Same goes for the other dude if he’s being anti-Semitic.

Actual good news for a change

https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programmes/checkpoint/audio/2018722771/heroic-labrador-helps-save-small-dog-in-the-sea

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
"Here's how money launderers crime... hey wait a minute that sounds like a good idea"

https://twitter.com/viaSimonRomero/status/1196531619886010368?s=19

Edit: posting without reading article because you'll see why

https://twitter.com/seattletimes/status/1196442890932756480?s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Nov 18, 2019

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Tulane loving sucks poo poo and so does Mayor Pete

Edit: also lol at Cole asking a bunch of stupid questions and then suggesting this is the wrong forum for question asking. That's some quality delay /deny/obfuscate

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

the only thing I love about mayor Pete is that he's still in the race and mayor bill de blasio is not

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

my buddy went to tulane when JP Lossman was the QB of the team, and he went to Buffalo and played for like a second

he called me after the draft laughing his rear end off

oh, also:

quote:

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Monday announced a major reversal of the US' longstanding policy on Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank, rejecting a 1978 State Department legal opinion that deemed the settlements "inconsistent with international law."

The announcement, which breaks with international law and consensus, is the latest in a string of hardline, pro-Israeli moves that are likely to inflame tensions between the Trump administration and Palestinians and widen the divide between the Trump administration and traditional US allies in Europe.
"After carefully studying all sides of the legal debate, this administration agrees with President Reagan: the establishment of Israeli civilian settlements in the West Bank is not, per se, inconsistent with international law," Pompeo said, citing President Ronald Reagan's 1981 assessment that the settlements were not "inherently illegal."

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

"Here's how money launderers crime... hey wait a minute that sounds like a good idea"

https://twitter.com/viaSimonRomero/status/1196531619886010368?s=19

I guess he forgot why he went into academic money laundering instead of practicing it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Love how fat pieces of poo poo like Pompeo base their decisions on literal mythical prophecy. Sky daddy is pleased by Palestinian death. Cool, cool.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/bymikebaker/status/1196531425152880642?s=21

This is the best thing I’ve seen all month.

E:

https://twitter.com/caitlinzemma/status/1196467289400528898?s=21

I could see this one lasting a while.

colachute fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 18, 2019

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

facialimpediment posted:

Edit: posting without reading article because you'll see why

https://twitter.com/seattletimes/status/1196442890932756480?s=19

Just a standard Monday for JBLM.

Fortunately I'm rarely ever on I-5 unless I'm going to Seattle.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

A Minneapolis for got almost a cool half mil to poo poo out that dumb campaign

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

so trump is hoping to kill the impeachment with no budget

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

That's a novel strategy. Would it work?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

dems already said no

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

That's a novel strategy. Would it work?

Its unconstitutional to not pay congress so ironically that might be the only thing they could do.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

If he holds the country hostage and says drop the impeachment or no budget that’s an impeachable offense right?

And he’s dumb enough to do that via tweet right?

But then they will say he’s just kidding or something.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/18/business/chick-fil-a-lgbtq-donations/index.html

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Too little too late bitches because I love that chicken from Popeye's

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Still fundie assholes when the day is done.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Casimir Radon posted:

This.

Also that North Dakota thing is wonderful.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

yuuuuup

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

In another installment of "Trump just does whatever," apparently I'm now a recipient of the National Medal of Arts:

quote:

President Donald J. Trump will present the 2019 National Medals of Arts in conjunction with the National Humanities Medals on Thursday, November 21, 2019, in the White House at 6:00 PM EST.

Mary Anne Carter, chairman of the National Endowment for the Arts, said, “The talent, dedication, and creativity of these recipients have made an enduring mark on the arts in America and they now join a remarkable group of others honored over the past decades. The National Endowment for the Arts congratulates them on this honor.”

The official citations for the 2019 National Medal of Arts recipients are:

Alison Krauss for making extraordinary contributions to American music. Blending bluegrass, folk, gospel, and country into a unique style, she has entertained and enriched the souls of millions.

Sharon Percy Rockefeller for being a renowned champion of the arts, generous supporter of charity, and a pioneer of new ideas and approaches in the field of public policy.

The Musicians of the United States Military for personifying excellence in music and service to country. From concert halls to war zones, these extraordinary patriots have inspired and uplifted their fellow Americans over generations with their incredible courage and breathtaking musical talent.

Jon Voight for his exceptional capacity as an actor to portray deeply complex characters. Captivating audiences, he has given us insights into the richness of the human mind and heart.

Usually, the National Endowment for the Arts works with the National Council on the Arts to come up with a list of nominees to recommend to the President. Trump didn't hand out any awards his first two years in office, and this year he blew the NEA off and came up with his own list of things that he likes, namely rich people, troops, Jon Voight and I guess he figures his voters must love Alison Krauss or something.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Smiling Jack posted:

I guess I didn't grow up with enough racists because I had never heard that term before in my life

I don't know what he's on about; I grew up around plenty and generally, they'd just say it

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Milo and POTUS posted:

I don't know what he's on about; I grew up around plenty and generally, they'd just say it

Reggin?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Loden Taylor posted:

In another installment of "Trump just does whatever," apparently I'm now a recipient of the National Medal of Arts:

Usually, the National Endowment for the Arts works with the National Council on the Arts to come up with a list of nominees to recommend to the President. Trump didn't hand out any awards his first two years in office, and this year he blew the NEA off and came up with his own list of things that he likes, namely rich people, troops, Jon Voight and I guess he figures his voters must love Alison Krauss or something.

Receiving an award for the arts from a man who skips to the fight scenes in Bloodsport has to break some kind of irony barrier that the universe had installed in reality.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

participation trophies

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Is what they would not say, yes :) (or maybe a frowny face is more apt)

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
cross posting this

https://twitter.com/DuffelBlog/stat...ingawful.com%2F

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

holy poo poo lmao

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

it took me 10 seconds before i saw duffle blog

that was a long 10 seconds

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I believed it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Every year around this time I ask the same question: why is not paying congress unconstitutional? That's the very first body that should not be paid during a shutdown.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

A Bad Poster posted:

a man who skips to the fight scenes in Bloodsport

C'mon I've seen it like 40 times.

I always watch the Kung Fu and Ok USA scenes too though

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

EBB posted:

Every year around this time I ask the same question: why is not paying congress unconstitutional? That's the very first body that should not be paid during a shutdown.

quote:

No law, varying the compensation for the services of the Senators and Representatives, shall take effect, until an election of Representatives shall have intervened.

That “take effect” part is important from what I understand?

edit: it’s something like the previous continuing resolution sets congressional pay to 0 when it expires so it can’t do that unless it runs across an election or something like that?

the best part is a federal court will never hear a case about it because they’re closed in a shutdown and it’s moot after the shutdown is over

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

EBB posted:

we really don't need our elected representatives who didn't make a fortune exploiting their workers to be immediately crushed by the ones who did