Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i am gonna try and play some more mission force cyberstorm but it's one of those punishing games where you win a mission but like, need a week to recover from

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korean Boomhauer
i got back into payday 2 and also a lot of enter the gungeon. hitman 2 is super good btw.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Korean Boomhauer posted:

of enter the gungeon.

this game is like custom designed for me but i haven't bought a new usb/wireless gamepad since my wired 360 died and i am not playing that thing on my usb nes repro

my brother swears by it, and i love bullet hell and i love puns and i love roguelikes

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

more games need overwrought loading screen messages like resident evil

“Fear can’t kill you....but.....” and then you’re like “haha you said ‘butt’”

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

food court bailiff posted:

more games need overwrought loading screen messages like resident evil

“Fear can’t kill you....but.....” and then you’re like “haha you said ‘butt’”

every single game should havve the resident evil title screen voice guy voice the title

Korean Boomhauer

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

every single game should havve the resident evil title screen voice guy voice the title

Putt-Putt Saves The Zoo

Rockman Reserve

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i've been saying this for easily a decade straight

FreshCutFries

food court bailiff posted:

i've been saying this for easily a decade straight

This but Super Monkey Ball

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i had an ephiphany about the original fallout and how it presented the brotherhood of steel

the game itself was a successor to the original "wasteland" where you're a part of some surviving post-war military unit that pledged itself to active humanitarianism after the apocalypse. you travel around and keep the local communities safe from bandits, mutants, and genocidal robots (also you might kill a small boy and his dog along the way -- a bb-gun could take a man's eyes out)

in fallout 1, the BoS is parallel to this, only they retreated into monasticism, sealing themselves off from an unpure world to maintain post-war knowledge for its own sake. outsiders are driven off or killed, and they maintain that any idiot can make more humans, only a handful still knows how to make plasma weaponry. when the master marches his mutant army across the wastes, they simply wait and observe

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Scaly Haylie

i need more warm bodies/names for my XCOM 2 campaign! i've already got a few byob peeps in the ranks but i'm gonna need a lot more so that i can have goobers i care about fighting the good fight rather than dumb randomly generated goobers.

here's the crew so far:

it's still early but we've upgraded our primitive earth guns to cool rear end energy guns and we've got, frankly, way more engineers than i was expecting so we've been building poo poo left and right at the base. plated armor is just around the corner, and as soon as we get it we're gonna hit those alien scum where it hurts.

if you want in just post your favorite color, can't guarantee classes sorry!

nut

i like yellow and i am nut

Goons Are Gifts

videogames, right??

Bobby Deluxe

my favourite colour is grey/blue and you got my name right there

LethalGeek

Friend was too high to play Hyrule Warriors lol

....lol you have this function on?

Waste of space.

Scaly Haylie

also fair warning, if i don't get enough folks i'm just gonna start making yobbers left and right until someone stops me

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Commander, you have my nunchaku. My favorite color is purple. In some games I'll make the last name Motofoto.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Hello, I haven't actually played XCOM before and I do love tactic games it's been on my buy list since it came out and just never did.

I didn't realize it had actual 3D models like that, holy poo poo.

Put me in coach, and in honor of having never played you can put me in a deadly position. I look forward to being decapitated on my first mission.

sig by owlhawk911

Scaly Haylie

don't worry, i load autosaves like a coward so your only death will be an unavoidable one

Heather Papps

hello friend

Lizard Wizard posted:

don't worry, i load autosaves like a coward so your only death will be an unavoidable one

Jolo

Lizard Wizard posted:

I played a bit of XCom Enemy Unknown but never got super far into it. Did you play it before Xcom 2? Do you like 2 better? The second game is one of those that came out and I missed the talk of it and the reception completely.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Alan 00X
Hey guys I'm thinking I'm gonna FINALLY get off my rear end and beat Dark Souls 1. I keep doing the first part (first bell or 2) over and over, and I just got burnt out with lost saves, messed up something like killing the gold knight you save in the Undead Cathedral or whatever it's called, the guy you get the Ring of Favor from. I have not even gotten to Landor yet.

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Alan 00X posted:

Hey guys I'm thinking I'm gonna FINALLY get off my rear end and beat Dark Souls 1. I keep doing the first part (first bell or 2) over and over, and I just got burnt out with lost saves, messed up something like killing the gold knight you save in the Undead Cathedral or whatever it's called, the guy you get the Ring of Favor from. I have not even gotten to Landor yet.

Gilded Greg or whatever is an rear end in a top hat and I'm glad you killed him. The ring is pretty sweet

Scaly Haylie

Jolo posted:

I played a bit of XCom Enemy Unknown but never got super far into it. Did you play it before Xcom 2? Do you like 2 better?

I did, and while I haven't gotten terribly far in either, boy do I ever! I can't speak to balance or anything but let me count the ways:

1) the aesthetic. The first game? Modern urban spaces what have been hosed up by aliens or is in the process of being hosed up by aliens, and almost always at night. 2, on the other hand, features sleek future cityscapes under an oppressive alien regime, which while arguably more depressing is way more fun to look at, for me. and there's daylight. Daylight!!

2) this is really more of an extension of 1 but the enemies are cooler. the fodder enemies are now the regime's military police force, who have really cool-looking armor instead of just a bunch of little grey men, but there are still plenty of aliens to be had and they're pretty neat too!

3) nobody yells at you for blowing up the bad bad alien mans with grenades and you still get corpses if you do so.

4) the classes are cooler and more distinct! the support class has a drone that can hack stuff and heal from across the battlefield, the shotgun class has a sword attack that can be used for even more damage at point blank range, and the heavies use grenades instead of rockets now, which means any grenade in the game! this can lead to all kinds of fun stuff.

5) i have yet to encounter a mission where you find a whale that turns out to be full of chrysalids.

6) lots of missions have a turn limit now! this might sound bad, but the pressure actually makes you get better at the game instead of employing the safest and most boring tactics possible.

7) no adjacency bonuses for facilities which means you don't have to google which base layout is optimal.

8) it's good

Finger Prince

I didn't like the time pressures they put into xcom 2. Turn limits are fine, but I didn't like the anxiety inducing doomsday clock. I get that you can pretty much ignore it, but it's like ignoring your alarm clock instead of turning it off. I went through a binge of all the Shadowrun games on steam and really wanted more of that style game, but xcom 2 didn't really do it for me.

Rinzla

Alan 00X posted:

From what I remember you can’t do all achievements until ng+ (if that’s what you’re going for).

My friend wrote a full guide on how to get all achievements. What to do when, who to kill where, onion bro encounters. I’ll see if I can dig it out for you or ask him to digitalise it. Probably other guides out there.

I personally enjoyed getting red eye orb at as low a level as I could and invading. I only really did all the achievements because you could do it in a single play through if you had a friend to drop weapons for you. You’d just craft the opposite items from the boss souls.

Alan 00X
^^ I just got remasterd for $4 since I have PTDE. It's funny how the graphics are better yet it still runs better than PTDE XD (and yes I was using DSfix)

vanisher

Disco Elysium is good so far

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

beer pal

i finished it last night and i loved it. very very good game. the best game ever? maybe. who am i to judge.

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Rockman Reserve

beer pal posted:

i finished it last night and i loved it. very very good game. the best game ever? maybe. who am i to judge.

your beer pal, it says it right next to you're post so u can check next time :cheers:

Jolo

The best part of Disco Elysium is when Disco collects all of the Toucan feathers and unlocks the double jump. Game gets way better from that point on.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Jolo posted:

The best part of Disco Elysium is when Disco collects all of the Toucan feathers and unlocks the double jump. Game gets way better from that point on.

oh man you clearly haven't unlocked the mirror world and chaos mode yet

beer pal

my favourite part is a small moment where you make an emotional connection with a young woman you meet on the coastline and help her through her self doubt by sharing with her your own feelings of inadequacy

Jolo

beer pal posted:

my favourite part is a small moment where you make an emotional connection with a young woman you meet on the coastline and help her through her self doubt by sharing with her your own feelings of inadequacy

I thought she was another one of those half vampires that leap really fast and latch onto you so I headshotted her from afar with the railgun.

beer pal

i don't think you've actually played the game at all from the soudns of it

Heather Papps

hello friend

beer pal posted:

i don't think you've actually played the game at all from the soudns of it

disco elysium? the best game OF ALL TIME? no. my brother described the game system and it actually seems very cool and interesting.

Jolo

You caught me. I've read/watched a little bit about it and it seems really interesting. It's on my short list of stuff to absolutely check out soon. I want to make some time for Pathologic 2, Outer Wilds, and Disco Elysium soon. I just picked up Pathologic 2 but haven't had time to sit down with it much. It's a really engrossing game, I thought I was gonna starve to death because no one in town would help me out and then finally I found a lady who gave me a piece of bread and a couch to sleep on and that was the greatest victory I've experienced in that game so far.

Heather Papps

hello friend

im not allowed to play and games but dwarf fortress till my year is over

beer pal

i want to play pathologic 2 as well but it seems a little intimidating like all the talk about how its "not fun". very looking forward to outer wilds, im going to play that as soon as im done with luigis mansion

FutonForensic

beer pal posted:

luigis mansion

https://twitter.com/GooigiBro/status/1190496510779240448

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer pal

what the gently caress! gooigi is allergic to water! is this a snuff film!