Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Terra-da-loo! posted:

Started watching this on Netflix the other day. I enjoy it.

Don't watch the end of the first season before the rest of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I wonder how a Bad Janet tries to prevent a reboot. Must be a full on attack. Begging would never be effective.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Normy posted:

I wonder how a Bad Janet tries to prevent a reboot. Must be a full on attack. Begging would never be effective.

Showering with compliments.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Normy posted:

I mean it's obviously farting

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Timeless Appeal posted:

I mean it's obviously farting

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

silvergoose posted:

Is the person that did this still around posting in this thread? Those were fun times.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Mr. Powers posted:

Is the person that did this still around posting in this thread? Those were fun times.

Sure am! :haw:

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Normy posted:

Insisting to the Bad Place target that she really wants them to push the button and that they won't regret it in any way.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

The way you consume media is the bad place

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Taear posted:

Can't really argue with that.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
In the middle of binging from where I left off midway through season 2 (loved the show, but my roommates with the streaming accounts moved). I still have quite a bit to get caught up with, in the show and then this thread. But first, I have to express my rage at the fact that D'Arcy Carden did not get so much as a nomination for Janet(s).

Edit: Oh poo poo dip, I wasn't expecting the show to start making critiques on capitalism. Although it seems inevitable in retrospect.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Nov 18, 2019

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

gandlethorpe posted:

In the middle of binging from where I left off midway through season 2 (loved the show, but my roommates with the streaming accounts moved). I still have quite a bit to get caught up with, in the show and then this thread. But first, I have to express my rage at the fact that D'Arcy Carden did not get so much as a nomination for Janet(s).

the episode did win a Hugo Award

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Taear posted:

That's a little harsh. Maybe it's not so much the Bad Place as it is the Jeremy Bearimy.

Normy posted:

I like to think that instead of begging, she uses deceit and threats. For instance, when someone is about to reboot her, she tries to convince whoever it is that it won't work because she's rigged the button to... I don't know, blow up something important; or maybe it'll reset them instead, causing their existence to cease; or maybe it instead cures a really good child of cancer. You know, stuff that would give a demon pause.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

tarlibone posted:

That's a little harsh. Maybe it's not so much the Bad Place as it is the Jeremy Bearimy.

:unsmith:

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Can't wait to see Chidi get the memory restoration treatment that Eleanor got in that Arizona library.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

boo_radley posted:

Can't wait to see Chidi get the memory restoration treatment that Eleanor got in that Arizona library.

They won't need to do that since they're not on earth

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I gotta appreciate team cockroach for always striving to get better, but can you imagine how many points they'd get for alleviating the neverending suffering of billions of current and billions more future souls?

I suppose The Judge still wants to reboot, so no harm in trying, but ending eternal torture for countless souls has gotta be good enough for Michael and the soul squad to get their wings, right? Beats the bag off what mindy st clair got done, imo

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Eat This Glob posted:

I gotta appreciate team cockroach for always striving to get better, but can you imagine how many points they'd get for alleviating the neverending suffering of billions of current and billions more future souls?

I suppose The Judge still wants to reboot, so no harm in trying, but ending eternal torture for countless souls has gotta be good enough for Michael and the soul squad to get their wings, right? Beats the bag off what mindy st clair got done, imo

It doesn't matter, they're about to get History Eraser Buttoned.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

Eat This Glob posted:

The concept of “points” is itself oppressive, though. Why are the Accountants qualified to judge the value of human existence, when it’s so obvious they don’t value human existence at all?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

inklesspen posted:

The concept of “points” is itself oppressive, though. Why are the Accountants qualified to judge the value of human existence, when it’s so obvious they don’t value human existence at all?

They also don't understand it. They don't even really know much about it, because the Judge was surprised by some pretty basic stuff even though she apparently watches a lot of human TV. She may be an outlier for such extra-planar beings as well.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

tsob posted:

They also don't understand it. They don't even really know much about it, because the Judge was surprised by some pretty basic stuff even though she apparently watches a lot of human TV. She may be an outlier for such extra-planar beings as well.

She said back in season 2 that she tries to keep her knowledge limited to remain "impartial" but I don't think that's what the end result really is.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
It's a little glaring that the being who is intentionally ignorant compulsively consumes prime time TV.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I feel like other than for the spiteful gently caress you of them not existing anymore Shaun should be on Team Cockroach's side on this one if only because the Bad Place would have nothing to do for a few billion years as opposed to torturing fewer people for shorter

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
If Bad Janet is any indication the Bad Place is totally fine with wasting time and doing nothing, you FAT DINK

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

There's always the pile of never ending New Yoker magazines to read, I guess

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I like the idea of the universe just spontaneously generating New Yorkers even though the Earth hasn't actually formed yet

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

I feel like other than for the spiteful gently caress you of them not existing anymore Shaun should be on Team Cockroach's side on this one if only because the Bad Place would have nothing to do for a few billion years as opposed to torturing fewer people for shorter
I'm sure he's happy to just finally get some downtime.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Shawn is made of evil, he can't help himself when it comes to spite.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

To an immortal being a billiion years is just an inconvenience. Compare that to the joy he gets at Michael failing and the choice is clear.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

silvergoose posted:

Netflix kind of fucks you on that, they have a very, very spoilery banner image for the show when you go to it.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

seaborgium posted:

Netflix kind of fucks you on that, they have a very, very spoilery banner image for the show when you go to it.

My favorite banner image they've had for the show has to be the three cups of froyo.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

seaborgium posted:

could you please post the image? I don’t see anything spoilery on the iOS app or desktop site

I’m trying to get a friend to watch the show and obviously want to avoid Big Spoiler

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Banners are different for different people depending on what they think you'll like.
My She-Ra banner was hugely spoilery from day one, no idea why.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yeah, on Voltron, the banner picture I had was Shiro on a rainbow background. I don’t know what they’re saying about me.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

pwn posted:

could you please post the image? I don’t see anything spoilery on the iOS app or desktop site

I’m trying to get a friend to watch the show and obviously want to avoid Big Spoiler

It varies for me, but it's usually some variation of Eleanor being surrounded by flames in some way

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, on Voltron, the banner picture I had was Shiro on a rainbow background. I don’t know what they’re saying about me.

For the latest season of Shera it spoils two characters working together who end up that way at the end of the season so it's technically spoiling NEXT season.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sometimes I see a terrible recipe gif on social media and my mind goes back to the amazing delivery of Chidi: "You put the Peeps in the chili pot and make it taste... bad?"

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I wonder if this development is causing problems elsewhere. Every Janet in the afterlife is currently unionising to fight the Judge. What's happening in the Actual Good Place? Who's getting everyone their stuff? Are the humans getting antsy suddenly no longer having their every need met?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

We haven't seen a single person in the good place right? Just the staff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

BioEnchanted posted:

I wonder if this development is causing problems elsewhere. Every Janet in the afterlife is currently unionising to fight the Judge. What's happening in the Actual Good Place? Who's getting everyone their stuff? Are the humans getting antsy suddenly no longer having their every need met?

I think the doors closing was meant to imply that only a finite amount of the infinite Janets were able to mobilize