Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Heath posted:

This reads as though you've already finished it. Didn't this game come out like four days ago?

There's a lot of hours in four days, especially with a weekend in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Heath posted:

This reads as though you've already finished it. Didn't this game come out like four days ago?

Pokemon games are not particularly hard to finish within that time frame if you're not aiming to catch everything as soon as you see it.

I burned through whichever one had the steel-penguin starter in a day because I just wasn't feeling it so I never used any other Pokemon and just swept through every fight effortlessly because I was cartoonishly overleveled.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

AlphaKeny1 posted:

fans are super crazy.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

all fans blow imo

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Your Computer posted:

all fans blow imo

Not wrong. Fanaticism and tribalism is the curse of the social animal

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

asecondduck posted:

My coworker got Pokemon Shield yesterday but he couldn't tell me if he likes it because he's spent six hours resetting for the right nature starter

I am so happy that I have no idea what the gently caress that means.

The farthest I've gone is knowing that people are obsessed with perfect IVs.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Astro7x posted:

The adjective that describes his sobble was wrong

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Astro7x posted:

That's actually far more accessible than IVs. Every Pokemon has a nature (basically personality) which raises one stat and lowers another, you can see this in their stat screen (one is colored pink, one is colored blue.) A Pokemon with a good nature is one who is considered to have a nature that benefits a stat they need and doesn't impact a stat they don't use.

There are ways to alter Nature now though so it isn't super important. Usually the big ones to focus on are damage (because nature can be the difference between 1-shotting and 2-shotting something) and speed (because going first is very very important for glass cannon Pokemon.)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

asecondduck posted:

My coworker got Pokemon Shield yesterday but he couldn't tell me if he likes it because he's spent six hours resetting for the right nature starter

I wish the games themselves would do something to help these poor people from having to do this poo poo to get good stats.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Your Computer posted:

all fans blow imo

Oh they do alright :pervert:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wish the games themselves would do something to help these poor people from having to do this poo poo to get good stats.

Back then the only way to tell the nature/IV development was through observing and measuring stat growth over the course of a lot of levels

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

They did! There are basically items to change every single meaningful thing about Pokemon except their Ability.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's not the games fault that people feel the need to min/max a videogame aimed at children

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

The only thing that can help those people is therapy.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

The only thing that can help those people is Game Genie™.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
How many hours of gameplay are you guys getting for Untitled Goose on average? Just got a Switch unexpectedly for a birthday present and looking for games for my library. All I've found so far that peaks my interest is Pokemon, FE: Three Houses, and Untitled Goose (and maybe the remake of TWEWY).

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

AlternateNu posted:

How many hours of gameplay are you guys getting for Untitled Goose on average? Just got a Switch unexpectedly for a birthday present and looking for games for my library. All I've found so far that peaks my interest is Pokemon, FE: Three Houses, and Untitled Goose (and maybe the remake of TWEWY).

if you're anything like me, fire emblem will take 300 hours so you're probably good

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

AlternateNu posted:

Like 4ish hours?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

AlternateNu posted:

Goose is about 3 hours or more if you want to 100% it.
It's a delight the whole time.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Heath posted:

It's really really really short

And I did also get a bit bored so I stopped catching random things and just went on to finish it in the latter half.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

asecondduck posted:

There's literally items in this to give them the stats of whatever nature you want

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

AlternateNu posted:

All I've found so far that peaks my interest is Pokemon, FE: Three Houses, and Untitled Goose (and maybe the remake of TWEWY).

Pique

Also seriously? Out of the whole switch library?

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Butterfly Valley posted:

Pique

they are really choice games though. add stardew valley, ringfit adventure, and BOTW and that's basically all the games i own

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

AlternateNu posted:

4-5

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Shame on anyone who doesn't have Isaac.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Meridian posted:

Shame on anyone who doesn't have Isaac.

shame on anyone who does

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Your Computer posted:

shame on anyone who does

Also this.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Regy Rusty posted:

It's really really really short

And I did also get a bit bored so I stopped catching random things and just went on to finish it in the latter half.

How short is really really short

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Len posted:

How short is really really short

About 2 feet. Standard for a goose really.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Has anyone purchased the 8bitdo sn30 pro+ and had issues with it not charging? I ordered one from Amazon and when I plug it in the red light on the top will slowly blink on and off but it never actually charges. It will work when plugged while showing no charge but as soon as I remove the cable it powers off. I had Amazon ship me another one and it has the exact same problem so now I'm wondering if it's a widespread thing but not really seeing anything on Google.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Butterfly Valley posted:

Pique

Derp. And, yeah. I don't like 3D Mario games. My roommate played enough Breath for the both of us, and everything else I would be interested in, I've already played on another console. (Dark Souls, Isaac, Octopath, Stardew, etc.)

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I'm sorry but google has failed me: does anybody have a link to a comparison between Pokémon sword and shield that has pictures of the Pokémon differences between the two? All the review sites have pictures of like one or two differences or have videos that I'd really rather not watch (why is it so difficult to find decent textual content? Oh god I'm old now aren't I?)

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Achmed Jones posted:

I'm sorry but google has failed me: does anybody have a link to a comparison between Pokémon sword and shield that has pictures of the Pokémon differences between the two? All the review sites have pictures of like one or two differences or have videos that I'd really rather not watch (why is it so difficult to find decent textual content? Oh god I'm old now aren't I?)

https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/exclusives.shtml

Here you go

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

That's exactly what I was after, thank you!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

J-Spot posted:

Has anyone purchased the 8bitdo sn30 pro+ and had issues with it not charging? I ordered one from Amazon and when I plug it in the red light on the top will slowly blink on and off but it never actually charges. It will work when plugged while showing no charge but as soon as I remove the cable it powers off. I had Amazon ship me another one and it has the exact same problem so now I'm wondering if it's a widespread thing but not really seeing anything on Google.

You might need to flash the firmware, even if you've already updated it to the latest. Try doing it manually rather than through the app on Windows/OS X, though do try that first if you haven't already.

I had an issue a few months ago and had to manually update the controller. Since then, everything's been great. I just have the Pro, however; not the Pro+, but I'd bet they're fairly similar.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

squirrelzipper posted:

I mean there’s at least 2 people in the last 10 posts who disagree. It’s a fun game, no nostalgia required.

I'm almost 39 and never touched anything Pokemon related until I got Let's Go Pikachu for the gently caress of it last year and it was cute and simple and could be played in 10-15 minute bursts.

It's cute and fun.

But Luigi's Mansion is still the GOAT.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

You might need to flash the firmware, even if you've already updated it to the latest. Try doing it manually rather than through the app on Windows/OS X, though do try that first if you haven't already.

I had an issue a few months ago and had to manually update the controller. Since then, everything's been great. I just have the Pro, however; not the Pro+, but I'd bet they're fairly similar.

I did that for both of them. I did somehow get the new one working but I'm not sure why.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

Be careful of the hype. I bought this game because of this thread and found it to be really... lacking. Just feels like a big ol gimmick.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Wait for a sale on Goose Game. Enjoy the memes in the mean time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The Goose Game delivers exactly what is advertised, and it does it exceptionally well. If you bought it and we're disappointed by the experience then that's on you.