Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I just noticed that iPadOS allows smooth scrolling (i guess that’s what you’d call it?) with the arrow keys on the Smart Keyboard now. It’s a lot nicer than it used to be.

has ipados risen up to the level of “bad” yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
the spacebar on this new keyboard is really good i mean just look at it

e: wow lowtax stealing all my free key presses

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

fart simpson posted:

Maybe. I feel like it’s at a level past “bad” but also far from any level of “good”

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Hed posted:

I keep bringing up those weird side windows on safari on iPad. then I have to spend twenty seconds to try to flick them off and get rid of them. Tiiiimmmmmmmmm!

yeah my dad had a good two minutes rant about how he had to search google for a while to turn this off. also these things dont have manuals and ios updates suck and a few f bombs

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

poty posted:

yeah my dad had a good two minutes rant about how he had to search google for a while to turn this off. also these things dont have manuals and ios updates suck and a few f bombs

i miss software manuals

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

fart simpson posted:

its meeting macos in the middle

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

after upgrading my phone to ios 13.2.2 i can no longer sign in to imessage. thanks timb.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

swiping down does nothing. left is camera, right is widgets, up from middle is notifications, and up from bottom is unlock

lol

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I just noticed that iPadOS allows smooth scrolling (i guess that’s what you’d call it?) with the arrow keys on the Smart Keyboard now. It’s a lot nicer than it used to be.

loving smooth

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

how is the “discoverability” of long presses any better than force touch, especially when it has multiple levels? did apple mention getting rid of that too?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
arguably it's worse because no one expects that something else will come up if you just continue holding

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
we value your input and a menu will be with you as soon as possible. you are number 4 in the queue. please hold

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
drat it finally happened to me.

Friday I slept through my alarm. I thought it was because I was working so late the night before and didn’t get enough sleep. this morning it happens again and so I am thinking wtf.

check my phone alarms - sure enough the sound on all the alarms had somehow reset to blank and they weren’t making any noise. must have been an iOS update.

thanks Tim for making me that rear end in a top hat for a client meeting.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

i have a company issued iphone 6S i've had for 4 years now. I asked my boss for a new one because its started acting up, overheating and not charging correctly and just being a pos.

he asked me to contact IT and see if they could repair it, as if i couldnt loving figure out if i needed a new one or a simple repair.

"Dude, we're not gonna replace the battery, and most likely the mainboard, if it can't charge correctly on a 4 year phone we already completely wrote off - just request a new one"

loving managers and corporate policies...

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Vomik posted:

Friday I slept through my alarm. I thought it was because I was working so late the night before and didn’t get enough sleep. this morning it happens again and so I am thinking wtf.

check my phone alarms - sure enough the sound on all the alarms had somehow reset to blank and they weren’t making any noise. must have been an iOS update.

i use a clock radio, op

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Soricidus posted:

we value your input and a menu will be with you as soon as possible. you are number 4 in the queue. please hold

lol

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Vomik posted:

reminders is totally broke for me, too

it shows them if you dig into the reminders thing, but nothing will announce - they just do nothing

this poo poo does suck

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
how the gently caress do you completely break established mature features that have worked perfectly for ten loving years?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

ive had a 10pm reminder for seven years and its never failed me

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

infernal machines posted:

how the gently caress do you completely break established mature features that have worked perfectly for ten loving years?

very courageously

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

hey guys, this week's ios update is out!

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

infernal machines posted:

crapple copying microsoft innovations again

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

my SE doesn't have any of these issues that those with terrible TimsPhone are experiencing

thanks and blessing to Steve PBUH

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Last Chance posted:

you solved it, everyone else who has problems with apple products is either lying or using it wrong

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

if we're going for anecdotal evidence, just throwing mine in their :shrug:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

crapple copying microsoft innovations again

wandows doesnt have features

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Last Chance posted:

if we're going for anecdotal evidence, just throwing mine in their :shrug:

nice humblebrag

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i use a clock radio, op

dammit now I will too. gonna have to wake up to “ok campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties cause its cold out there” until Apple software improves.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

also I don’t know if this is a new thing but when I put away my AirPods this am my phone decided to just continue playing music at full volume out of its speaker instead of pausing like it always does.

is Tim’s goal to make everyone look like an rear end in a top hat at all times?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

*makes iphone unlock gesture* eventually!

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Last Chance posted:

yeah man i eat fiber too

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Breakfast All Day posted:

yeah man i eat fiber too

must suck to always poo poo the bed like that

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

my fiber poop is in the AM. the 10pm reminder just tells me to floss and brush my teeth because i was getting stoned a lot in my younger days and kept forgetting to. it really isnt needed anymore

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

my SE doesn't have any of these issues that those with terrible TimsPhone are experiencing

thanks and blessing to Steve PBUH

i too have an se and the only issue i have is with them breaking mail every release. the rest of it more or less works.

mind you, i don't have any reminders or alarms set, so ymmv

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Last Chance posted:

my fiber poop is in the AM. the 10pm reminder just tells me to floss and brush my teeth because i was getting stoned a lot in my younger days and kept forgetting to. it really isnt needed anymore

a good use. dental hygiene is very important

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

quote:

Apple is also working on a major feature release, iOS and iPadOS 13.3. That update is currently in beta with developers...It also allows users to disable the appearance of Animoji and Memoji stickers in the system's emoji keyboard.
thank y timb

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

When tim fixes problems caused by tim 👌👌

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

maybe ill trust tim once 13.3.2 drops??

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Bulgakov posted:

maybe ill trust tim once 13.3.2 drops??

sorry, that will break mail again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chris Knight posted:

a good use. dental hygiene is very important

i gave my kids a two minute timer for brushing their teeth and they hate it but they’ll thank me when they’re older