Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I love that Loesch thinks by chik fil a doing this that the food and service will suddenly go bad.

Of course it will because all the Good Christians will refuse to work there and only the Unwashed Heathens will remain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
The funniest part is chik fil a is absolutely only doing this because Popeye's has hosed up their profits.
I'm too cynical to not see this as a business idea first and a humanitarian one second (or not at all).

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Boy, maybe that there free market is just a little too free for some fascists Republicans.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I knew Michelle Malkin is a shithead of the highest caliber, but I’m actually kind of surprised to learn she was explicitly defending Proud Boys and groypers. All these right wing shitheads do it, but they do it implicitly by ignoring them and trying to shift the focus onto the dangers of Antifa, college campus hecklers, and Cancel Culture. I guess I assumed she’d do the same.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 18, 2019

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Dr Christmas posted:

I knew Michelle Mallon is a shithead of the highest caliber, but I’m actually kind of surprised to learn she was explicitly defending Proud Boys and groypers. All these right wing shitheads do it, but they do it implicitly by ignoring them and trying to shift the focus onto the dangers of Antifa, college campus hecklers, and Cancel Culture. I guess I assumed she’d do the same.

There's kind of a... well, it's not a civil war, but there's a skirmish within the TPUSA / PragerU / Intellectual Dark Web community recently. A lot of the cryptofascists that have been using those organizations as recruitment grounds have started to get a bit antsy, and are essentially starting to say "Okay, put up or shut up, we're all white nationalists here, right? We can stop pretending and actually start blaming the Jews for stuff?" straight to their faces at events and such.

For the groypers and Proud Boys, platforms like Young America's Foundation (where Malkin was fired from) have always been phase one of a multi-part plan of radicalization, and they're feeling pressure now that Trump easily winning in 2020 is starting to look less likely. It seems like they're trying to push the Overton Window as far as they can to the right while they still have the chance, even if they need to burn down these organizations to do it. Expect a few other "big" names to jump ship and say the quiet part loud before all is said and done.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

LloydDobler posted:

As far as trans athletes, the thing I've heard is not that people are transitioning for the purposes of competing in sports, it's an argument specifically about men who transition who happen to be athletes already taking advantage of their genetic size and strength to dominate a female sport. The chuds actually think they're sticking up for women by saying that it's unfair for a trans woman to participate in certain women's sports.

Reminder, most of the Right's messaging is just projecting. These people would 110% cheat at sports and use their TOUGH MANLY BODY to crush PUNY WEAK WOMEN if they could get away with it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

No Safe Word posted:

not really germane to the current events but this is germane to the thread:

https://twitter.com/MaraWilson/status/1195425467869925385

her cousin is Ben Shapiro and she loving hates him

Wtf that was not a familial connection I was expecting. That’s gotta suck

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

LloydDobler posted:

The chuds actually think they're sticking up for women by saying that it's unfair for a trans woman to participate in certain women's sports.

They say it, they don't believe it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is it wrong to enjoy this? Like not a whole lot just a tiny bit.

I'm debating figuring out if there's a Chick-Fil-A close enough to warrant troll my conservative sister next time she's in town.

Feinne posted:

'Cause if it was the gay agenda doing this I'm pretty sure we'd also make them stop using powdered sugar in their breading because it's gross as poo poo.

Ehh... maybe not.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Is that Triumph?

Also, wtf is going on with fast food chicken joints lately? Who knew those would generate a flashpoint?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Didn't this happen already? Chickafile said "Hey we're gonna stop doing all those anti GBLT things" and did that for maybe a few months, and then started right up again

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mercury_Storm posted:

Didn't this happen already? Chickafile said "Hey we're gonna stop doing all those anti GBLT things" and did that for maybe a few months, and then started right up again

yea

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
they just going to try going through more shell companies again(before getting lazy and openingly giving dark money to anti LGBQ stuff again)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Lol they're just not even waiting a full day

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pa75xg/chick-fil-a-cuts-donations-salvation-army-lgbtq

quote:

Chick-fil-A says it will now focus its charitable efforts in three areas: education, homelessness, and hunger. But when asked more specifically, it did not go so far as to say that it will no longer donate to organizations that oppose LGBTQ rights.

"No organization will be excluded from future consideration–faith-based or non-faith-based," Chick-fil-A President and COO Tim Tassopoulos said in a statement to VICE.

Like the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the Salvation Army (which now hosts a pro-LGBTQ page on its website), Chick-fil-A has faced accusations of homophobia from LGBTQ advocates because of both its charitable donations and public comments made by the fast food chain’s executives. In 2012, the current CEO (then-COO) of Chick-fil-A, Dan Cathy, triggered a massive controversy when he condemned same-sex marriage on a radio talk show.

"I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, ‘We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,’” he said. “I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about."

Cathy’s comments followed a report that named the Cathy family and the Winshape Foundation—a charity started by the founder of Chick-Fil-A, S. Truett Cathy, and funded by the chain—as major donors to organizations that practice conversion therapy. The report and Cathy’s comments, which didn’t stop there, inspired boycotts against Chick-fil-A and counter-boycotts by those who supported Cathy’s message.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

PhazonLink posted:

they just going to try going through more shell companies again(before getting lazy and openingly giving dark money to anti LGBQ stuff again)

And Goons everywhere will shake their head sadly, waiting in a line for fast food that wraps around the building and out into the street, wishing that Chicken Fillet was nicer to the gays because there's no other possible way to enjoy the complex and subtle flavor of chicken breast on white bread.

E: I have been informed there is also a limp pickle slice.

Acute Grill fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Nov 19, 2019

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Acute Grill posted:

limp pickle slice.

Mods, please

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

DrNutt posted:

I'm enjoying all these free market worshippers not understanding that this is their beloved free market principles in action. No loving way CFA would. E doing this if there weren't a financial incentive.

This has been a helpful way to clean up my social media, anyone that says anything about this being bad can be safely culled.

I can't imagine living in the brain of someone that thinks this is some huge betrayal that will also ruin the quality of the food and service. It's both hilarious, bizarre, and really sad all at the same time. Like, after the Yuengling guy came out for Trump, I didn't whine about the end of the world, I just stopped buying it. This is the cost of elevating a loving corporation to any kind of a morality leadership role - they'll go the other way as soon as the bean counters tell them they're leaving money on the table. And it's not like their food is better than other places, anyway.

Especially since I doubt anything will really change beyond some dark money orgs to hide the donations for a few years again. It's not like the owner came out and said it was wrong, he's just saying it's hurting the bottom line.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Right Wing Media: also a limp pickle slice.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Don Jr's book sounds loving hilarious:

quote:

I'm not mad

Why should I be mad? I’m not mad. In fact, my plan was to write a feel-good book about forgiveness and healing, sort of a Chicken Soup for the Political Soul type of story. I was even going to call it Kumbaya instead of Triggered, but it seemed that title was already taken, probably by one of the 2,467 Democrat candidates currently running for president.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/11/don-jr-wrote-an-entire-book-about-how-hes-definitely-not-mad.html

Ashley's whole article is great.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Chicken soup for soup lovers a soup guide

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/status/1196808306184130560

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
really not hiding that this is ghostwritten because lol if Jr has had canned soup or seen a disney movie as a child.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

"They've bent a knee to the mob!" cries a jilted mob.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

moths posted:

"They've bent a knee to the mob!" cries a jilted mob.

Well, of course. If you don't bend the knee, how are they going to shove things down your throat?

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Nov 20, 2019

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Jurgan posted:

No homo.

It would be nice if you didn't do this.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Harvey Mantaco posted:

It would be nice if you didn't do this.

I thought it was clearly sarcastic, like we’re making fun of how often Republican rhetoric comes off as homoerotic, but if it’s a problem I’ll delete it.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
American Family Radio has been in full-blown "No quid pro quo, HEY LOOK OVER THERE!" mode for a while now. It kinda blurs together, but Bryan Fischer's swerve today was particularly weird. He went to a commercial break yelling "There was no quid pro quo, and even if there was, it's how countries do business with one another!" and when they came back, they played excerpts of Boys Beware, an anti-gay "PSA" from the 1950's equating homosexuals with pedophiles. Not prompted by anything, they just played it and then said "Y'see, we had it all figured out 60 years ago, it IS a sickness of the mind!" and then moved on to yelling about Democrats being too far-left.

So, it seems like the Evangelical establishment is dealing with the current news cycle well.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
From what I've been hearing on RWM stations the talking point has shifted from "There was no quid pro quo" to "There was quid pro quo but Trump didn't do it to get dirt on Biden, he did it because he said everyone in Ukraine is corrupt and we had to make sure we could trust this Zelensky guy before we could give him the money because we can't give aid to a corrupt government."

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
So I know it's all bullshit, but I can't help but marvel at the audacity of "we had to try to engage in corrupt behavior with the Ukrainian president to make sure he wasn't corrupt!" as an excuse.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

From what I've been hearing on RWM stations the talking point has shifted from "There was no quid pro quo" to "There was quid pro quo but Trump didn't do it to get dirt on Biden, he did it because he said everyone in Ukraine is corrupt and we had to make sure we could trust this Zelensky guy before we could give him the money because we can't give aid to a corrupt government."

Sondland’s testimony that Trump only wanted an announcement of an investigation and didn’t care if the investigation actually happened should kill that taking point, but I know it won’t.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

So how are they going to spin "I WANTED NOTHING! I WANTED NOTHING!" written in big old sharpie?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

MrUnderbridge posted:

So how are they going to spin "I WANTED NOTHING! I WANTED NOTHING!" written in big old sharpie?

He’s pandering to zoomers by advocating oblivion and the sweet embrace of the void

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

MrUnderbridge posted:

"i never said that. Fake News" Witch hunt. The most PERFECT phone call ever made"

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

There's kind of a... well, it's not a civil war, but there's a skirmish within the TPUSA / PragerU / Intellectual Dark Web community recently. A lot of the cryptofascists that have been using those organizations as recruitment grounds have started to get a bit antsy, and are essentially starting to say "Okay, put up or shut up, we're all white nationalists here, right? We can stop pretending and actually start blaming the Jews for stuff?" straight to their faces at events and such.

For the groypers and Proud Boys, platforms like Young America's Foundation (where Malkin was fired from) have always been phase one of a multi-part plan of radicalization, and they're feeling pressure now that Trump easily winning in 2020 is starting to look less likely. It seems like they're trying to push the Overton Window as far as they can to the right while they still have the chance, even if they need to burn down these organizations to do it. Expect a few other "big" names to jump ship and say the quiet part loud before all is said and done.

At the same time it also forced "soft fascists" who'd so far been plenty OK with getting support from Nazis or sliding a little dog whistling here and there to publicly denounce them - like Charlie Kirk recently getting all righteous about Identity Evropa then trying to go full MLK in a roomful of conservatives with a rousing chant "E Pluribus Unum, we're ALL Americans !" which was pretty loving funny to watch. Charlie, no, remember who you're talking to ! You're doing a Democratic at them, Charlie, you can't do that ! How are you going to pivot back to saying lefties are unAmerican ?! :ohdear:

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

PhazonLink posted:

really not hiding that this is ghostwritten because lol if Jr has had canned soup or seen a disney movie as a child.

Of course he saw a Disney movie. Daddy is tired of all this poo poo and between wives, Ivanka is at school, and the nanny is out sick? Pop in Songs of the South.

I bet all the Trump kids watched a LOT of movies when they were Disney-aged. Put in a movie and close the door, then spend the afternoon picking out new fabric for your almost-bankrupt airline's seats or cheat on your wife. They certainly weren't reading, I assume Art of the Deal and Mein Kampf were the only books in the penthouse.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

MrUnderbridge posted:

Already happening. See Sondland read what Trump said that in a meeting. So Rush Limbaugh plays the clip of Sondland saying, "Trump said, 'i want no quid pro quo" and that's all he plays.

If you don't know that Trump made that statement AFTER the Ukraine call, you think it exonerated him.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I don't think Eric Trump's op-ed or Junior's book was ghostwritten because they're really that bad.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Of course he saw a Disney movie. Daddy is tired of all this poo poo and between wives, Ivanka is at school, and the nanny is out sick? Pop in Songs of the South.

I bet all the Trump kids watched a LOT of movies when they were Disney-aged. Put in a movie and close the door, then spend the afternoon picking out new fabric for your almost-bankrupt airline's seats or cheat on your wife. They certainly weren't reading, I assume Art of the Deal and Mein Kampf were the only books in the penthouse.

I bet there was not one single instance where Trump was in sole charge of his children. Even if Nanny is sick, they have temp nanny agencies for this eventuality.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

BarbarianElephant posted:

I bet there was not one single instance where Trump was in sole charge of his children. Even if Nanny is sick, they have temp nanny agencies for this eventuality.

Possible, but remember for quite a while there in the 80s and 90s Trump was seriously cash-strapped and most of his wealth was tied up in bad assets. He maintained the image of money, but stuff like emergency nannies (especially 24/7) just might not be possible however much he 'needs' one - wouldn't surprise me if he didn't have one at all at times. More important to keep the plane, penthouse, helicopter, limo, fancy dinners, and all the other outwardly visible stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem
https://twitter.com/EmeraldRobinson/status/1197555003210289152

No one. I mean, besides the old, rich, white guy hotel owner.
No, not the President, the other one.