Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Squizzle posted:

a major problem w bojo caricatures is the tendency to cover his eyes w his hairmop, which totally ignores the ridiculous dark sunken eye trash hes got going

Yeah his face is totally hosed up and there's more to his horror than his hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
since i was just reminded of it and went in search of it whenever corbyn is called an antisemite and you're wondering how legitimate any of it is watch this

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1097888710492897280?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
When you're confident you're going to win

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1196561879822479369?s=19

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i think i posted doodles of him in like summer, for which i had to look at imgs of him fairly closely, and lemme tell you hes a fuckin horror of a man

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

marktheando posted:

Is that man's beard sprayed on?

The resemblance to the literal DC villain Vandal Savage is apt for a snap with Boris, another cartoon villain.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Forums Terrorist posted:

lmao the ireland map is 1 for 1 with the old maps of the limits of english settlement

That's a dinner biscuit. Have you brexited yet?

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
ugh, come on, you sanctimonious assholes. as has recently been established by british socialites, underage sex with prostitutes is not the same as paedophilia

quote:

You all seem to have forgotten that Jeffrey Epstein, the offence with which he was charged, and for which he was imprisoned, was soliciting prostitution from minors.

That is not the same thing as paedophilia.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I remember Kevin Spacey on Letterman years ago telling a story of how he, Bill Clinton and someone else were looking for food late at night in Blackpool, and Clinton said "I know where to go" and they ended up walking to McDonald's

That story is more interesting now, knowing that there was likely pedophilia before or after the events in question occurred

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I don't know what a Cornish Pasty is, but from context clues I'm gonna say they're like Pop Tarts with meat filling?

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Gripweed posted:

I don't know what a Cornish Pasty is, but from context clues I'm gonna say they're like Pop Tarts with meat filling?

They're like meat pies with a more varied filling. Pastry wrapped around some meat and vegetables.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Hillary 2020 posted:

They're like meat pies with a more varied filling. Pastry wrapped around some meat and vegetables.

seems like a lovely calzone

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I remember Kevin Spacey on Letterman years ago telling a story of how he, Bill Clinton and someone else were looking for food late at night in Blackpool, and Clinton said "I know where to go" and they ended up walking to McDonald's

That story is more interesting now, knowing that there was likely pedophilia before or after the events in question occurred
All celebrity/rich people anecdotes are built around times they molested a kid, with the molestation omitted from the story.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

His hair is actually the best part of his head.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hillary 2020 posted:

Specs liquor started selling Cameron’s frozen meat pies, any good?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Nonsense posted:

I wouldn't touch any meat Cameron has had his hands on if I were you.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Nonsense posted:

specsavers have an off license now?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Pasties just take the British love of meat, potatoes and gravy and stick it inside a pastry so you can eat it while on the go. It's quite old fashioned now, but very useful at the footie.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

It's an advanced sandwich

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Looks like empanadas.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Dravs posted:

Pasties just take the British love of meat, potatoes and gravy and stick it inside a pastry so you can eat it while on the go. It's quite old fashioned now, but very useful at the footie.

Not just on the go, but at the bottom of a tin mine. I guess "drunk at 11am on a Tuesday in a pedestrian shopping centre" is the modern British economy version of that.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
what if bland British mush - but in a pie???

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/TobyonTV/status/1196708678444949504

:negative:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ayn Randi posted:

tell us of your interesting mush

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Cornish pasties were made for miners. Traditionally they would have meat at one end and something sweet at the other for their pudding. The big thick seam of pastry running down the top was a handle so they wouldn’t sully the flavour of the pie with their filthy hands.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
When I was in uni one of my room mates made a lemon curd pasty. It was loving gross, although he seemed to enjoy it.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1196565942907658242?s=20

quote:

“Weekly Rant – Worth A Share

I have been banging on for years at ADC [Ashfield District Council] to stop housing nuisance tenants. I have returned to Carsic today. I think I have a solution that will.

1. Reduce anti social behaviour.

2. Free up much needed housing for decent people.”

“My plan would be – and again this is just my own personal opinion – that these people who have to live somewhere: let’s have them in a tent in the middle of a field, 6 o’clock every morning, let’s have them up, picking potatoes or any current seasonal vegetables, back in the tent, cold shower, lights out, 6 o’clock it’s the same the next day.

That would be my solution.”

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Ayn Randi posted:

tastes like brexit

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Hillary 2020 posted:

So it's a lovely empanada?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Ohhhh I was thinking Yorkshire pudding, that's the one that's a popover.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Will Davies made a great point on Politics Theory Other that Boris' main angle is "Brexit is blocking up Britain" but is refusing to say what they'll actually do when said unblocking happens

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Gripweed posted:

So it's a lovely empanada?

that's a lovely cornish pasty tbf, looks like one of the supermarket ones, you've hosed up if there are air gaps in the pastry. P much everyone has "dinner in a baked good" dishes right?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

cornish potsie was the breakout character on the british remake of happy days

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

#arronbanksleaks on twitter is interesting. No idea what's true...

https://twitter.com/LeaveEUOfficial/status/1196748617312358400

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

That’s not the worst idea, only instead of doing it to “nuisance tenants,” which I guess means the Poors/Ethnics, you do it to fascist politicians, who are on the whole a far bigger nuisance than whatever minority they want to gulag.

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

Hillary 2020 posted:

Every culture has some kind of burrito.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
I'd join in knocking English cuisine but I'm Norwegian and everything we've made look and sound like things you shouldn't put inside you.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Bacon Taco posted:

Every culture has some kind of burrito.

username post combo

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Avirosb posted:

I'd join in knocking English cuisine but I'm Norwegian and everything we've made look and sound like things you shouldn't put inside you.

I want to make a flared bases joke here but I just can't make it work.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Weembles posted:

I want to make a flared bases joke here but I just can't make it work.

Try using oil.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Olympic Mathlete posted:

#arronbanksleaks on twitter is interesting. No idea what's true...

https://twitter.com/LeaveEUOfficial/status/1196748617312358400

https://twitter.com/MikeH_PR/status/1196809087574519809?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

welcome to today. a guardian columnist has written an opinion article to say "don't vote, also Jeremy Corbyn is antisemitic". hash tag resistance