Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Agreed, we got on the road at 6 this morning, so I woke up at 5 and only did one level just to get one in. Then we got here and the in laws are cutting trees, so I helped with that. At one point I had to climb up into a 10 ft trailer and I swear I wouldn't have been able to a month ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

MiddleOne posted:

Hahaha holy hell, don't train when you've just donated blood! I like your attitude but jesus.

I decided to put tonight’s training off. I’ll try tomorrow if I feel better than today

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I too couldn't finish World 2 in a single session, which means I have a Dragaux fight to start tomorrow.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I have a pain in my back around the upper middle on the right side, and I can't quite tell if it's soreness or injury (pulled muscle?). Trying to figure out if it's worth playing tonight or not.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

njsykora posted:

I too couldn't finish World 2 in a single session, which means I have a Dragaux fight to start tomorrow.

I did that one today, it drat near killed me

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Junpei Hyde posted:

I did that one today, it drat near killed me

World 2 is a hell of a ramp-up, I couldn't do it either. I ended up bumping the difficulty down to 7, and from there I'm building up to getting 85%-90% max heart rate per level.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

World 2 is a hell of a ramp-up, I couldn't do it either. I ended up bumping the difficulty down to 7, and from there I'm building up to getting 85%-90% max heart rate per level.

I'm at difficulty 17 now, I think, and it's enough that I can get a good midday workout in doing about half a world

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

I have a pain in my back around the upper middle on the right side, and I can't quite tell if it's soreness or injury (pulled muscle?). Trying to figure out if it's worth playing tonight or not.

Let. Your. Muscles. Recover.

If something hurts to the point that you're unsure about whether it's soreness or an injury then don't risk it. Give it a few days. If you want to go anyway then use exclusively the exercises that stress other parts of your body.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I'm so not looking forward to the sidequests in world 10. It's got 6 advanced minigame variants.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

MiddleOne posted:

Let. Your. Muscles. Recover.

If something hurts to the point that you're unsure about whether it's soreness or an injury then don't risk it. Give it a few days. If you want to go anyway then use exclusively the exercises that stress other parts of your body.

I ended up doing the latter, couldn’t find any exercises that used the muscle. Not even that one yellow move whose name I forgot.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I need to bump the difficulty I think, I pushed through multiple "maybe you should take a break" notifications today just because I wasn't even sweating.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

It finally happened. I finally found an exercise I can’t do. gently caress mountain climber.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Mods change the thread title to “Ring Fit Adventure - gently caress Mountain Climbers”

If I know I’m going to finish right before a Drageaux fight, I always leave some other thing like a quest or a gym so that I can use that to warm up before the fight. Drageaux fights can be long and brutal in the early game.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

I do mountain climbers against my couch. Unfortunately this means I can not see the TV so I have no idea if I'm hitting hard or no.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

njsykora posted:

I need to bump the difficulty I think, I pushed through multiple "maybe you should take a break" notifications today just because I wasn't even sweating.

This happened to me and then a few levels + swapping out skills later I found myself wanting to move the difficulty back down because the exercises I was doing were waaay harder. I really like how non-judgemental the game is about doing that

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Ring Fit Adventure: A case study in the merit of positive reinforcement

World 3 is a real drag because the game-efficient exercises are not the ones I feel I need to be doing.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Nov 18, 2019

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I just can’t quite figure out what the movement for mountain climber is supposed to be. It’s like the pose you take before you sprint, but switching legs a bunch?

I tried it and it just doesn’t feel right. There’s some weird poo poo in that movement.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

I just can’t quite figure out what the movement for mountain climber is supposed to be. It’s like the pose you take before you sprint, but switching legs a bunch?

I tried it and it just doesn’t feel right. There’s some weird poo poo in that movement.

yeah I can't do it on the ground so I keep trying against my couch but I don't think I'm getting proper hits in.

Also god drat the game goes really squat heavy for traversing in some places. There's a reason I never equip any squat attacks anymore, but I still hit 86 loving squats today.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

I also have a problem with mountain climbers, and somehow just moving one leg registers better than the whole hop thing.

Squat Lv. 2 has a 360 damage rating.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Pollyanna posted:

It is really impeded by a big belly so if that's in your way it will be hard.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
I'm on World 11 now. Has anyone gotten the 3rd request in W3 yet?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Try doing the World 7 pre-boss fight against Allegra with Wide and Overhead Squats. :suicide:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Try the Dreadmill sidequest, which requires a perfect score in a game where your horizontal movement is controlled by running speed.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Scrolled through the thread and grabbed whatever friends codes I saw. Posted them at the top of the OP for less scrolling.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

derra posted:

I'm on World 11 now. Has anyone gotten the 3rd request in W3 yet?

I'm having the same issue. I feel like I completed three requests but I must be mistaken cuz there's still that dang "90% Completed" label!

derra
Dec 29, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

Try the Dreadmill sidequest, which requires a perfect score in a game where your horizontal movement is controlled by running speed.

This is the only available request I haven't done.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Ahahahahaha.

I just got to planks, I think I got to 7 before I failed the exercise. Tried again later and got to 5. It's been 2 hours since I stopped and I literally can't self-right with my stomach anymore, it's fatigued to the point where it just won't respond. Awaiting the muscle sore of a lifetime tomorrow. :v:

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Nov 19, 2019

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Manuel Calavera posted:

Try doing the World 7 pre-boss fight against Allegra with Wide and Overhead Squats. :suicide:

i did it with just wide squats. i think that's the night I almost died

I need to do more wide and overhead squats, as they're clearly some of the toughest exercises for me in this game, but doing sets of 25 at a time is torture

MiddleOne posted:

Ahahahahaha.

I just got to planks, I think I got to 7 before I failed the exercise. Tried again later and got to 5. It's been 2 hours since I stopped and I literally can't self-right with my stomach anymore, it's fatigued to the point where it just won't respond. Awaiting the muscle sore of a lifetime tomorrow. :v:

I have not touched planks since the first time I did a set of them. I should do these again too, but leg raise seems like a less horrific way to torture my core

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Planks rule, I would rather do planks than hip shakes which seem to do nothing at all. But if you aren’t used to doing them they’re pretty brutal, especially since the game makes you do them on your forearms and your “attack” is just switching between it and dolphin pose. Wii Fit U had a mode where you tried to plank longer than the trainer, I found that one fun. But holding a plank for longer than like ten seconds sucks.

I know I keep saying this, but yoga rules and when you all tire of this game I’d recommend a beginner vinyasa flow class.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yoga does rule and I wish I had space in my flat right now to actually do a proper routine. I work nights so classes aren't really an option.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Every yoga studio I’ve gone to does morning classes and some even have late morning/early afternoon ones. But I know getting up early to work out is tough for most people, myself included. I used to get up to do spin at 8:30am on Sundays and I dunno how I did it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

When I worked early mornings I'd do yoga stuff when I got home (when I had enough room in my bedroom to lay the mat down properly), but that was when I was waking up right before work so had time and energy to do stuff post-work. Doing overnights I do stuff before work which to be honest is probably for the best since I'm not stiff as all hell when I get to work so hopefully over time I'll start getting fewer work related strains.

Anyway I tried to finish world 3 today after taking yesterday off because of said work strain (I twisted my left ankle slipping on a floor I was mopping) and failed not only one of the stages due to being a dipshit with my skill selection (I took 0 leg skills into a blue monster level) but also the Dragaux fight very near the end. I did gain 2 levels off the failure though, and putting the difficulty up one did get me sweating like crazy even if I didn't realise until after how long I'd been going.

E: Related to plank discussion earlier, I'm not there yet but.
https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/1196808323175272448

njsykora fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Nov 19, 2019

derra
Dec 29, 2012
My alarm said it went off but I don't have any recollection of it, so I didn't get my morning stretch in. Will have to make it up tonight. Still, 11 days, just under 9 hours active time and my fat rear end has lost 7 pounds and is starting to resemble Jello rather than pudding and I am motivated. Started weighing foods out over the weekend.

This game may end up saving my life.

gently caress Dreadmill requests.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Dragaux 3 went down like a weakling second time round. Also I sold all my gems thinking that was how you unlocked new clothes and now I can't buy the new stuff in the second shop. I also found the preset skill lists so now I don't have to micromanage skills to rest certain stuff.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

You end up getting tons of those gems later. Not that it helps you now!

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

I have so much loving money but none of the clothes or smoothies seem worth it...

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

organburner posted:

I have so much loving money but none of the clothes or smoothies seem worth it...
Skills? Main story paywalls?

derra
Dec 29, 2012

organburner posted:

A sesame smoothie before every ingredient containing level is a no brainer, at least. I'm buying all the clothes just for completion's sake. It's nice to have options between faster running on no enemy levels, more exp on gyms, and beefier stats. Nothing super critical, but doing requests I have enough to spend my skill points and grab the gear anyway.

I wish we could have attack versions of healing skills, I haven't had any need for them at all yet.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

I should say here probably that I quite often re-run old levels because I sleep like poo poo quite often and just can't do the poo poo I need to progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I finally added all the codes in the OP so I should probably drop mine.
SW-3268-7789-9768