Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

AndrewP posted:

R&F was such a bizarre circus that will probably always be great to revist. God bless Disco Dog on Youtube for posting tons of clips.

I got really into Tim Heideckers show On Cinema web show this year and I had this realization that what I love about it is there's two middle aged men playing heel-ish versions of themselves having passive aggressive snippy fights about mundane pop culture bullshit.

Which is exactly what I loved about Ron and Fez back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
trying to find a bit that i know used to be on youtube. it was on opie and anthony and they kept repeating, "come on, just one joke" and there was all this build up. erock(who was doing a weird voice for some reason) would finally say the joke and they would all just sit there in silence. anyone know what im talking about?

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

kolby posted:

trying to find a bit that i know used to be on youtube. it was on opie and anthony and they kept repeating, "come on, just one joke" and there was all this build up. erock(who was doing a weird voice for some reason) would finally say the joke and they would all just sit there in silence. anyone know what im talking about?

I think that’s an Erock character named The Virus, they’ve done it more than once. They try to get him to come up with a joke on the spot and he can’t do it.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Sheen Sheen posted:

I think that’s an Erock character named The Virus, they’ve done it more than once. They try to get him to come up with a joke on the spot and he can’t do it.

The bit where they have The Virus go up against Bobo was hilarious.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

Sheen Sheen posted:

that scratched an itch, thank you

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

You ever hear of the neutron bomb?

"Optimus Prime Rib"

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
*Baby Elephant Walk music cuts off to pure silence*

Opie: Get out.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Can ya eat that? I knew that ya could.

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust
Imagine how insufferable circa 2005 Jim Norton would be after playing Don Rickles in a Scorsese movie

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pleasing Shape posted:

Imagine how insufferable circa 2005 Jim Norton would be after playing Don Rickles in a Scorsese movie

I thought the same thing when he popped up in the Irishman lol

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
The video of Jim finding out he was mentioned on Kimmel is pretty adorable, I felt good for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdNHLLlzBVU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The fact that Jimmy was cast in a Martin Scorsese film, and then directed by Martin Scorsese, and then mentioned by name by Martin Scorsese on a late-night talkshow is very surreal, because I’m pretty sure that Jimmy should’ve been dead after all that from too much excitement and/or priapism.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
He finally didn’t get cut out of a movie :unsmith:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Gonz posted:

The fact that Jimmy was cast in a Martin Scorsese film, and then directed by Martin Scorsese, and then mentioned by name by Martin Scorsese on a late-night talkshow is very surreal, because I’m pretty sure that Jimmy should’ve been dead after all that from too much excitement and/or priapism.

Do you think he got an autographed picture with each member of the cast?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Now I'm going to spend the whole movie wondering what Jimmy's going to do with his hands. Great.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
I can't focus on anything other than Sam's cranial ridges

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
He's one of those hosed-up Klingons who got the Augment virus from ST Enterprise

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The Irishman is so long I actually forgot Jimmy was in it until his scene came up

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

Do you think he got an autographed picture with each member of the cast?

you're ruining what was a nice moment because now i'm cringing. there's no way he didn't at least try

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

. wrong thread

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Dec 3, 2019

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Bennington is good now that Earl is back, I've been binging on YT clips by midnight slider. Chris running earls tinder was hilarious, that's the kind of bizzare psychological dramedy that made R&F so good.

I do miss the big cat though

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

kolby posted:

you're ruining what was a nice moment because now i'm cringing. there's no way he didn't at least try

>:)

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
EARL IS BACK?!?!

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

vincentpricesboner posted:

EARL IS BACK?!?!

He's been a producer on Bennington for ever a year. The producers were Chris Stanley, Vito, and Jen, but Jen moved over to produce on You Up with Nikki Glaser so Earl came on to take her place. He still also works at the Hard Rock as vibe manager. i can't remember how long he's been there exactly, but its been over a year.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Communist Thoughts posted:

Bennington is good now that Earl is back, I've been binging on YT clips by midnight slider. Chris running earls tinder was hilarious, that's the kind of bizzare psychological dramedy that made R&F so good.

I do miss the big cat though

And here we go! This is pretty awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ij1z100Eqs

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I can't believe Earl's back. has he passed out yet this year?

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004
I don't know if he's passed out yet, but he has already failed to deliver on assignments and stormed out of the studio in the middle of the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNCSi-8ab50

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Oh what the hell, I love Earl and had no idea

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
He must be pretty desperate and also hate that he is the low man on the totem pole to Chris Stanley now.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

He's exactly as weird as always, hasn't changed a bit, it rules

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That guy who uploads Bennington stuff does a good job capturing all the good parts of each show so you don't have to listen to Ron re-tell a story or otherwise say something he already said two days ago with everyone else acting like he didn't, or everybody saying old music is really good, or that each comic who exists is really good

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

JFC posted:

He's been a producer on Bennington for ever a year. The producers were Chris Stanley, Vito, and Jen, but Jen moved over to produce on You Up with Nikki Glaser so Earl came on to take her place. He still also works at the Hard Rock as vibe manager. i can't remember how long he's been there exactly, but its been over a year.

Vibe Manager was the most creative job title of all time, considering he only got the job because of Bennington asking the boss at Hard Rock to give the job as a favour. When really you just greeted people at the door and took them to their seats while playing with an ipod shuffle between customers.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Does Chris or anyone still say "Bangton"?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Morter posted:

Does Chris or anyone still say "Bangton"?

he also says Indianapolis Cults

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust
RIP ya jerk

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Some time a year or two ago I went into the Hard Rock and asked if Earl was there and they didn't know what I was talking about.

I then said he's the vibe manager and the person looked at me like I had two heads, so I believe Early working at the Hard Rock is a bit.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Ya kiddin'!

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1210...r%3D773%23pti29

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

*Sees three posts* Alright, who died?

. . .

I'm sorry I did that. I"m embarrassed that I did that.

Edit: Not mine:

Morter fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Dec 28, 2019

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Some time a year or two ago I went into the Hard Rock and asked if Earl was there and they didn't know what I was talking about.

I then said he's the vibe manager and the person looked at me like I had two heads, so I believe Early working at the Hard Rock is a bit.

That was Earl. You were talking to Earl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Happy Dew Year