Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

gh0stpinballa posted:

superb praxis

https://twitter.com/Tom_Gann/status/1196792939122483204?s=19

enjoying how the majority of people simply do not take her or her party remotely seriously

even better is there's a fake article about her response now https://twitter.com/stef_wholemeal/status/1196800776481525760

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Trickjaw posted:

Squirrels can imitate bird calls to lure them to the ground and savagely devour them.

Gracious, it's like Autumnwatch in here today.

For squirrels, read Lib Dems, for bird calls read progressive politics.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Leftist shitposters utterly humiliating Lib Dem leaders is a great thing. Honestly thought the Squirrel killer thing wouldn't cut through like gay frogs but here we are. Convinced we'll get Jo coming out in favour of killing squirrels if the pattern continues.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

gh0stpinballa posted:

superb praxis

https://twitter.com/Tom_Gann/status/1196792939122483204?s=19

enjoying how the majority of people simply do not take her or her party remotely seriously
:nws: audio ofc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWg3OyY7nCQ

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
lol that we’ve absolutely abandoned truth as a society. Anyone can just make poo poo up and it’ll get shared around and believed by millions of people no matter what it is

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
can't believe Russia would interfere in our elections by hacking Arron Banks' twitter account and the Leave.EU webpage

shameful stuff. but of course we'd be dangerously naive to not think this happened all the time

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pochoclo posted:

lol that we’ve absolutely abandoned truth as a society. Anyone can just make poo poo up and it’ll get shared around and believed by millions of people no matter what it is

At least it is sometimes funny.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm loving dying at the running subplot in Swinson stories of Umunna trying to goad her into a leadership contest.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1196769153165799424

It's kind of amazing how both sky and virgin networks have poo poo themselves immediately after the broadband nationalisation thing

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Pochoclo posted:

Welcome to tiny train world I guess.

Humanity in general is vulnerable to so many cognitive tricks that the total connectivity of society while it was still in a state of great division, competitions and exploitation really made this inevitable.

I saw a fairly lovely business talk about businesses which investigate fake news to build corporate defences against them and while they mostly spoke about infosec one of them was mentioning expanding into cogsec - cognitive security to address the various tricks which could be deployed against groups of people to manipulate them. I imagine this'll amount to little more than getting probusiness propaganda in first but it's still a bit creepy to have to be considering this sort of thing.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Best part is this guy apparently used to work for Gloria De Piero, Labour MP, and didn't join the Tories until 2018.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

TheRat posted:

https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1196769153165799424

It's kind of amazing how both sky and virgin networks have poo poo themselves immediately after the broadband nationalisation thing

Part of me wonders whether there is some magnificent praxis going on in their technical departments...

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1196810672815906822

Buuuullshiiiit

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

While spreading fake news is inherently bad, it would probably help if they spent some time reflecting on why exactly everyone is so happy to go along with it.

And also it was really funny.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Are Kantar still running with their patented 25% youth turnout weights?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Kantar polling but it makes sense, that's Tories in Tory seats returning to vote Tory or not at all after Brexit stand down, it's a big vote swing but makes only a minor change to seats.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The sheer loving balls of this

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/GerryCLFC/status/1196808904379895814?s=19

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Rarity posted:

The sheer loving balls of this

lmao they've just assumed every brexit party voter is a tory because that's what boris is hoping

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

I will lay five of my british pounds to a charity of the takers choice that the lib dems get closer to 1.6 than 16

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

People say they’re going to vote Tory, but in the cold of winter and after all this brexit party fuckery, will they really? (No)

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

This is hard to read on mobile, what's it about?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Arron Banks got hacked and all the right wing journalists are in his DM's sucking up to him.

https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1196800344082264072?s=19

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Another outing for the classic Brit journo defence, "it's not collusion, we're just all in exactly the same social circle"

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

While spreading fake news is inherently bad, it would probably help if they spent some time reflecting on why exactly everyone is so happy to go along with it.

And also it was really funny.
While it is not factually correct, the picture it paints of her is more true than that which would exist if someone hadn't made that story up.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

that's julie hartley-brewer saying that nobody cares about hillsborough, but she can't say it in public because of the murdoch connection

this is pretty good poo poo, you've also got the Raab-Banks exchange where Raab thanks Banks for threatening Farage, which was what caused the brexit party standdown.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

A Buttery Pastry posted:

While it is not factually correct, the picture it paints of her is more true than that which would exist if someone hadn't made that story up.

That's possibly the most accurate description I've ever read.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Spangly A posted:

Raab-Banks exchange where Raab thanks Banks for threatening Farage, which was what caused the brexit party standdown.

lol that's going to stir up a right hornet's nest

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It is pretty funny how readily we can imagine her as a squirrel torturer and murderer.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Spangly A posted:

I will lay five of my british pounds to a charity of the takers choice that the lib dems get closer to 1.6 than 16

I've put £5 on the Lib Dems getting 5%-9.99% so they're clearly going to get at least 10% now sorry.

Also got LAB on 35%-39.99%, ignoring all advice about betting on things you want to happen.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Spangly A posted:

this is pretty good poo poo, you've also got the Raab-Banks exchange where Raab thanks Banks for threatening Farage, which was what caused the brexit party standdown.

Threatened with what, I wonder? And is this why Farage threw the peerage bribe as a dead cat?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

somebody please tell me there's a loving mirror

Necrothatcher posted:

lol that's going to stir up a right hornet's nest

if led by donkeys or the other performance art fubpees have absolutely *any* political nous they'll go for the throat

edit: this specific image is a fake which also means it's not stolen data, pls no prevent

Spangly A fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Nov 19, 2019

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

There are definitely mirrors. That's all I will say on the subject.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

apparently there are horny DMs between marina hyde and aaron banks 🤢🤢🤮🤮 just in case you weren't convinced she is dreadful

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

As a lifelong Lib Dem member, I'm afraid that I must bow my head and shamefully vote Conservative after it was discovered that our dear leader is possessed by a bloodlust that can only be satiated with the industrial scale murder of squirrels. She learned all the wrong lessons from The Animals of Farthing Wood.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

thespaceinvader posted:

Part of me wonders whether there is some magnificent praxis going on in their technical departments...

You've not met many network engineers, have you? At best they're "Huh, they're all the same" psuedo-sophisticates, at worst full-on libertarians. It's one of the few last bastions of true neckbeardiness.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum

Spangly A posted:

if led by donkeys or the other performance art fubpees have absolutely *any* political nous they'll go for the throat

I'm seeing a lot of talk that the Raab bit is a fake.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

lol even the Tories think this poll is rigged:

https://twitter.com/DisruptivePoltx/status/1196814012270428160

There's also a fair few people saying things like: "Even as a Tory supporter this seems optimistic" :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Spangly A posted:

The Raab stuff is fake