Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Yay! The Spider-Man cartoon introduced Anna-Marie Marconi. I didn't think they would go there. But she's great, so I like having her around.

Also, more Flash Thompson!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

cant cook creole bream posted:

Yay! The Spider-Man cartoon introduced Anna-Marie Marconi. I didn't think they would go there. But she's great, so I like having her around.

Also, more Flash Thompson!

I'm kinda bummed that it looks like it'll all be resolved next week, sending Peter/Ock to Midtown High made things extremely interesting. Anna-Marie is super great.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Seems like she'd be an awkward fit, seeing as how her place in the comic was caused be adult old man Peter (while possessed by adult marginally older adult man Doc Ock) getting his PHD to secure his career.

Like it's fine every cartoon wants to do Spider-High School, but the mainline comics have been in a very different place for a while, so it's a little weird crossing the two.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Honestly, yes. I thought so too. Do high-school teachers even have assistants?

But I guess it's important to see that she's a capable scientist, who rises through the ranks.

Superiorpete was talking something about having a chance to finally get Parker's degree. Maybe it's implied that Midtown high has some sort of cooperation with the university and that's what Anna-Marie does?

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Oct 7, 2019

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

So did she look like a little person in the cartoon instead of the weird adult toddler Ramos drew her as?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Honestly, yes. I thought so too. Do high-school teachers even have assistants?

They'll occasionally have college students getting on the job experience helping out, that usually lasts a semester.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Skwirl posted:

They'll occasionally have college students getting on the job experience helping out, that usually lasts a semester.

Oh right, that's a thing, yes.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
I was actually impressed with the Cloak & Dagger fights, for Marvel Animation. The fight in the auditorium actually had a a pretty cool exchange of blows between Superior Spidey and Dagger, and she had some moves!

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I think they're pulling Superior Spider-Man's fighting style from how Spider-Man fights in Spider-Man PS4. It's brutal but still acrobatic as gently caress.

It's actually even more brutal to watch in animation than actually doing it in the game. I like it.

Anna Maria looks like a little person, yes. A little person who will beat the poo poo out of you if you DARE mention her height or how you "didn't see her". I like this too.

I think they're going to be ending the Superior Spider-Man arc soon for the Maximum Venom thing which I think is incredibly stupid because they've done a drat good job on it. Better than Slott did with his random heel turn and "I'm just gonna murder people now." In this, he gradually just got more ruthless and actually dangerous, in the comics it was a literal "Nah, gently caress it, I'mma kill everyone who doesn't like what I do."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Metalshark posted:

I was actually impressed with the Cloak & Dagger fights, for Marvel Animation. The fight in the auditorium actually had a a pretty cool exchange of blows between Superior Spidey and Dagger, and she had some moves!

Specifically the end of their back and forth and the start of Spock chucking poo poo at Cloak and him returning it was some straight up sakuga.

Going by episode summaries, next episode appears to be the end of Superior Spider-man, then we're going into a Regent arc, and if we get 26 episodes for the season, it'll probably end with something else before we go into the Venom season.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

X-O posted:

They were bland and stilted and the animation was terrible.
I know this is a month back but gently caress this noise.

As a kid whose parents didn't have a lot of money, I got to sit and watch bugfuck crazy comic shows on Saturdays and weekdays. Shows that were adapting from whole comic runs. Not doing whatever sad poo poo Avengers: United They Stand did. And that's before getting into the idea that (with X-Men at least) the idea that prejudice should be fought and civil rights should be applied to everyone was a big part of the show.

If I wanted my "actually this is *real* storytelling" fix I could tune in to Gargoyles, Batman or Beast Wars.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

I know this is a month back but gently caress this noise.

As a kid whose parents didn't have a lot of money, I got to sit and watch bugfuck crazy comic shows on Saturdays and weekdays. Shows that were adapting from whole comic runs. Not doing whatever sad poo poo Avengers: United They Stand did. And that's before getting into the idea that (with X-Men at least) the idea that prejudice should be fought and civil rights should be applied to everyone was a big part of the show.

If I wanted my "actually this is *real* storytelling" fix I could tune in to Gargoyles, Batman or Beast Wars.

...the Wild Man of Borneo. See you around.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

...the Wild Man of Borneo. See you around.

I shall meet you at THE MONORAIL

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That was a nice conclusion to the superior Spider-Man storyline in the cartoon.
It totally makes sense that Venom would taste the difference.
Interestingly, Anna-Maria now knows Spideys secret identity. As far as I remember, he hasn't even revealed that to Gwen. I hope that means, she will show up again.
Otto considered Flash a friend. :3:

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

That was a nice conclusion to the superior Spider-Man storyline in the cartoon.
It totally makes sense that Venom would taste the difference.
Interestingly, Anna-Maria now knows Spideys secret identity. As far as I remember, he hasn't even revealed that to Gwen. I hope that means, she will show up again.
Otto considered Flash a friend. :3:

I really liked that conclusion myself. It made sense with all the insanity in the original story and condensed it down to make it easier to understand.

Ock might actually turn out to be a good guy after all this too. Both Peter's and his own memories were given to him at the end. It'd make sense too since he's still the Superior Spider-Man in the comics, he just (begrudgingly) recognizes Peter as the "Spider-Man-Prime" and just does his own thing. Plus, he helped in Spider-Verse II.

He's basically Spider-Man but an anti-hero, and it's kind of nice.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

My only complaint is that I feel the situation could've been a bit more desperate. Let Venom tear through a whole mini army of robots, maybe more damage to the auditorium. Sell harder that Ock needs Peter.

Other than that, I really dug it. Specially him really considering Flash his friend. :3: Flash's got two super nerd friends. I really hope Peter stays at Midtown. Anna Maria, Flash, Liz, and Randy are a great cast.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
oh my god hell yes

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1184531088481366017

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

poo poo I just reread that last month, curious who they will cast for it

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Oh hell yes.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Man, in looking up Spider-man stuff on youtube, I found out that season two of Marvel's Spider-man already finished airing in France. Sure would be nice if the show had a title that was remotely easy to look up in order to find information.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Still a huge fan of the way the Spider-Man cartoon is developing Otto. He's just such a giant arrogant doofus who really needs to get over himself, but still feels like he wants to help. Also he and Anna-Maria are really cute together. :3:

I just hope that they don't just suddenly status quo the guy, or reveal that he has a secret weapon smuggling rig going on on the side. If he returns to his thing I hope it will be a bit more motivated than the most recent comic series.

It does feel kinda weird that Anya and Gwen still don't know about Peter. I don't really see why Miles would not clear the air about all of that. But I guess that will happen soon.

I basically like the interpretation of every character so far. It's a really fun show.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 3, 2019

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Still a huge fan of the way the Spider-Man cartoon is developing Otto. He's just such a giant arrogant doofus who really needs to get over himself, but still feels like he wants to help. Also he and Anna-Maria are really cute together. :3:

I just hope that they don't just suddenly status quo the guy, or reveal that he has a secret weapon smuggling rig going on on the side. If he returns to his thing I hope it will be a bit more motivated than the most recent comic series.

It does feel kinda weird that Anya and Gwen still don't know about Peter. I don't really see why Miles would not clear the air about all of that. But I guess that will happen soon.

I basically like the interpretation of every character so far. It's a really fun show.

I really enjoy it, too, and this week it clicked for me: Otto is Harry this season. He got the season long arc about his relationship with Peter going through difficult spots and leading him to become a better person.

I really hope Peter stays at Midtown, the cast there is so much more interesting, and the idea of Peter, Anna-Maria and Otto working together to get the school better funding and making it a better place for lower-income families is infinitely more appealing than the super science in Horizon.

Gotta assume it's so Spider-man can recruit them to fight the Goblin Nation without them being angry at Peter. Then the mask gets ripped dramatically and trust issues ensue. Trust issues that would've been solved had Peter just told them and Max. That's definitely the weakest part of the show for me.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Gotta assume it's so Spider-man can recruit them to fight the Goblin Nation without them being angry at Peter. Then the mask gets ripped dramatically and trust issues ensue. Trust issues that would've been solved had Peter just told them and Max. That's definitely the weakest part of the show for me.

"You kept that from us, but told Doctor Octopus?! Are we even friends?"

I can sorta understand not telling Max, because he's an authority figure. But he actively solved Spider-Man problems with the girls and still feels the need to lie to them whenever he arrives late or vanishes randomly. Sure, he hadn't had a chance to fix that recently, but he had ample opportunities before.

Come to think of it, this adaption has basically used every character they could think off. They even used Screwball and Pandamania. I do wonder when MJ makes her debut. I'd assume she's at Midtown high. I vaguely remember some scene alluding to her, quite a long time ago. I think she was the local sport mascot, or something?

I do want to see a bit more of Midtown High. Horizon is cool and all, but it's kind of a weird dynamic if every person in Peter's life is a super genius. But maybe Otto will manage to raise the local grade average significantly, somehow.

Also one little nice thing. Peter had an active goal of making JJJ hate him again, because the alternative felt just way to weird. I sorta love that.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 5, 2019

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
https://twitter.com/TorontoStar/status/1193212922216026116?s=19

Count the X-Men refs.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I don't think the cartoon got into it much, but Canada was a militaristic hellscape in the comics.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ah gently caress I missed "jubilation". Someone else pointed it out.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

drat the Marvel What If preview looks great. Can't wait till it comes out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w4KsIXMeug

Zombie Cap vs Winter Soldier, Captain Carter and Iron Man Steve Rogers, and T'Challa as Star Lord. That's some great hooks right there.

X-O fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Nov 12, 2019

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DavidHarewood/status/1196336112999886850?s=20

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

They need to all be screaming in pain for the full J'onn effect

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

We signed up to Disney+ and I'm disappointed that only season 1 of the current Spider-Man series is on there. I just started watching it for the first time so it'll take me a while to catch up anyway but I wonder what the hold up is.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lobok posted:

We signed up to Disney+ and I'm disappointed that only season 1 of the current Spider-Man series is on there. I just started watching it for the first time so it'll take me a while to catch up anyway but I wonder what the hold up is.

What season is it on now? They probably have a lot still airing on actual tv channels.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Skwirl posted:

What season is it on now? They probably have a lot still airing on actual tv channels.

Just finishing up season 2, I think.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Fuego Fish posted:

Just finishing up season 2, I think.

Then of loving course there's only going to be the first season on streaming. They have TV deals.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ah, ok. Well that's fine then. I had heard about season 3 and thought the discussion about season 2 was about the whole thing as if it was done.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah, we got like one or two episodes left for this season, then early next year we get the venom season.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Lobok posted:

Ah, ok. Well that's fine then. I had heard about season 3 and thought the discussion about season 2 was about the whole thing as if it was done.

They took a year long break during season 2. That might be what caused the confusion.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Maybe. I've really only been skimming the posts because of potential spoilers so I'm not surprised I got it wrong.

TheNamedSavior
Mar 10, 2019

by VideoGames
Are the rumors about that guy who is indirectly behind all of the Marvel Animation (Lobed? Probably wrote it wrong.) resigning true or just a weird rumor?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheNamedSavior posted:

Are the rumors about that guy who is indirectly behind all of the Marvel Animation (Lobed? Probably wrote it wrong.) resigning true or just a weird rumor?

It appears to be true. It looks like he resigned before he could be pushed out as he and Feige do not like each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Man, I am repeating myself and nobody seems to care, but that Spider-man cartoon is really good.
Anna-Maria is such a great addition and every scene with her an Otto is great.

I'm starting to think that Pete just doesn't trust Gwen and Anya, though. Their team consists of seven members and those two are the only ones who don't get to know his identity for some reason. They even decide to tippy-toe around it in a short comment. I guess the show is working towards some sort of reveal, where they will have figured it out a few minutes earlier, but it feels incredibly weird.
On the other hand, it might sort of make sense, since they don't really like Pete right now. But that's also just because he didn't bother to tell them anything about that stuff.