Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Chichevache posted:

Dumb rear end rentacop.

Show some respect for that fully fledged officer of the law, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

mlmp08 posted:

Show some respect for that fully fledged officer of the law, please.

It's a dumb law and he was dumb to enforce it.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Imagine what the world would be like if cops were the type of people to default to “psst... psst... hey man, that’s against the rules, please fix the situation” rather than “STOP RESISTING!!!!” for small petty poo poo like that.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Dumbass laws that cops can selectively enforce against the poor, minorities, and other people they seek to oppress is a feature (of both LEO and legislature) not a bug. Sometimes they just showcase the feature too hard, and then the rest of the legislators and cops can tsk tsk about how they never intended it to work like that.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

This is a marked improvement from the last time the BART cops were in the news, which was when one cop shot a detained person on the ground after they “mistook their sidearm for their Tazer.”

It’s an improvement from “criminally abysmal” to “mediocre” but hey, the bar is low.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
https://twitter.com/TheSocietyDude/status/1196569152762318850?s=19

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

colachute posted:

Imagine what the world would be like if cops were the type of people to default to “psst... psst... hey man, that’s against the rules, please fix the situation” rather than “STOP RESISTING!!!!” for small petty poo poo like that.

I've literally done this on multiple occasions. "I'm not mad you're doing this, I'm disappointed you got caught."

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Chichevache posted:

I've literally done this on multiple occasions. "I'm not mad you're doing this, I'm disappointed you got caught."

I didn't know you worked in internal affairs.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Its a marked improvement from vache the fashy's last reaction to one of these incidents where a cop massivly overreacts to a stupid law where his reaction was "if you dont want to be choked to death for selling loose cigs maybe change the law"

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

colachute posted:

Some of them are, you just never hear about it.

One evening when Darwin was on his coffee break:

Dumb and Dumber are divvying up some marijuana outside a business and another customer sees what they're doing. The guy just tells them they need to take that stuff away from there. Dumb and Dumber start swearing at the guy and threatening him. The guy's an off-duty cop and isn't threatened, he just tells Dumb and Dumber that he's a cop and they need to get that stuff out of there. Dumb and Dumber tell him he's a lyin' a$$ bit©# and continue to threaten him. The cop shows them his badge, and tells Dumb and Dumber again to leave; Dumb and Dumber get in their car and start to pull away. Dumb pulls out a pistol, hangs out the window and points it at the cop. The cop pulls out his gun and points it at Dumb; Dumb gets back in the car and cowers on the floorboard. Dumber takes the gun, stops the car, and walks up to the cop, pointing the pistol at the cop. The cop shoots Dumber. Twice. Dumber lives.

Dumb and Dumber pick up charges for the feloniously pointing and the drugs. Dumb and Dumber don't have records, so they're only looking at 2-20 years, maximum. They didn't want their plea bargain, so they're going to trial, where they get maxed out. But they aren't dead.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

cop tattoos are gang tattoos

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Stravag posted:

Its a marked improvement from vache the fashy's last reaction to one of these incidents where a cop massivly overreacts to a stupid law where his reaction was "if you dont want to be choked to death for selling loose cigs maybe change the law"

When did I ever say that? Please provide the quote.

And I'm not a fascist, but you are a liar. Stop coming into this thread and lying about things. It is reductive and undermines your other points when you constantly lie and act like a child.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Right there but nice try fashy

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Stravag posted:

Right there but nice try fashy

Way to take that wildly out of context to imply that I think he should have died for that. I absolutely don't think he should have and I still think that loose cigarette law is dumb.

And I'm still not a fascist, but you're definitely a liar.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Chichevache posted:

Way to take that wildly out of context to imply that I think he should have died for that.

OK, so what, precisely, was that post meant to convey?

Cause the context reads as flippant as poo poo and blaming voters instead of a cop who killed someone.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

mlmp08 posted:

OK, so what, precisely, was that post meant to convey?

Cause the context reads as flippant as poo poo and blaming voters instead of a cop who killed someone.

You could just go back to that post and read the conversation.

Chichevache posted:

Personally, I don't think using an illegal chokehold is ok, but if you support manslaughter that's on you.

But it does get old being personally attacked by posters like stravag who pretend they're good people while also being the only people in this thread calling for murders and lynchings. So yeah, I got a little flippant in my response, even though I specifically disagreed with the murder of Eric Brown.

Maybe go nitpick your boy for openly calling for murdering people. None of the LEO posters in this thread are making fascist posts about murdering the people who disagree with them.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Well i never called for murders or lynchings so thats a hell of a reach

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Oh yeah, I remember now.

Chichevache posted:

I'm not defending the murder of a man, but the job is still to arrest people committing crimes.

mlmp08 posted:

Hey look, the distillation of one of the major problems with America’s cops: they think their job description is arresting people.

Still true.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Stravag posted:

Well i never called for murders or lynchings so thats a hell of a reach

Stravag posted:

Stop being rascist. Any color rope can fix a cop problem

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Yeah you tie it around their wrists and then they cant reach their gun and shoot people and dangle from a tree so people can throw tomatoes at them. Last i knew you dont die from tomatoes

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Stravag posted:

Yeah you tie it around their wrists and then they cant reach their gun and shoot people and dangle from a tree so people can throw tomatoes at them. Last i knew you dont die from tomatoes

This bullshit lie is as unconvincing as Mehserle's.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Not my problem if you dont believe it, if only because i thankfully dont live in your death squads jurisdiction

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
This isn't anything new in GiP. There was always a steady stream of posters wandering in and accusing everyone of being complicit in military warcrimes by virtue of existing.

And any good faith attempt by veterans to engage in examining how wartime atrocities occur and should be addressed were met with shrieks of islamaphobia/racism/fascism.

It's loving embarrassing watching people (presumably veterans, but I really don't know and I guess it doesn't matter) use this thread as a venting alternative to jerking off at your desk or taking a hundred photos of your ~service dog~ between cashing Uncle Sam's WARRIOR CLASS welfare checks.

If you gave a poo poo, you'd listen and engage with people who choose to spend their adult life addressing this poo poo instead of shouting vitriol into this thread like its some blue-check villain's comments section.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Jesus Christ even the edgy cop posting is falling flat as hell. Maybe take a break and think of a real :iceburn:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

joat mon posted:

Some of them are, you just never hear about it.

One evening when Darwin was on his coffee break:

Dumb and Dumber are divvying up some marijuana outside a business and another customer sees what they're doing. The guy just tells them they need to take that stuff away from there. Dumb and Dumber start swearing at the guy and threatening him. The guy's an off-duty cop and isn't threatened, he just tells Dumb and Dumber that he's a cop and they need to get that stuff out of there. Dumb and Dumber tell him he's a lyin' a$$ bit©# and continue to threaten him. The cop shows them his badge, and tells Dumb and Dumber again to leave; Dumb and Dumber get in their car and start to pull away. Dumb pulls out a pistol, hangs out the window and points it at the cop. The cop pulls out his gun and points it at Dumb; Dumb gets back in the car and cowers on the floorboard. Dumber takes the gun, stops the car, and walks up to the cop, pointing the pistol at the cop. The cop shoots Dumber. Twice. Dumber lives.

Dumb and Dumber pick up charges for the feloniously pointing and the drugs. Dumb and Dumber don't have records, so they're only looking at 2-20 years, maximum. They didn't want their plea bargain, so they're going to trial, where they get maxed out. But they aren't dead.

Is this a Chappelle “when keeping it real goes wrong” skit?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Victor Vermis posted:

This isn't anything new in GiP. There was always a steady stream of posters wandering in and accusing everyone of being complicit in military warcrimes by virtue of existing.

And any good faith attempt by veterans to engage in examining how wartime atrocities occur and should be addressed were met with shrieks of islamaphobia/racism/fascism.

TBF there's also always been a steady stream of regulars hanging out and accusing everyone of being complicit in military warcrimes by virtue of existing but with a tinge of defensive irony

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

hobbesmaster posted:

Is this a Chappelle “when keeping it real goes wrong” skit?

It seemed more like an "Oh, that's bad/No, that's good" skit when I first read the police report, but it sounds like it would have been right at home on Chappelle's Show.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

shame on an IGA posted:

TBF there's also always been a steady stream of regulars hanging out and accusing everyone of being complicit in military warcrimes by virtue of existing but with a tinge of defensive irony

Which I embrace fully, obviously. I gave Whip all kinds of poo poo about being a Cop but it was only because he was a bad mod. Not because a cop somewhere murdered someone.

Just like I don't give Cole poo poo every time I'm stuck in line behind some meth-mouthed redneck buying lottery tickets in the middle of the goddamn day.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Stravag posted:

Nobody's buying it. Stop being a disingenuous gently caress.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
No one is buying his "good cop, trying to change it from within" bullshit either

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Proud Christian Mom posted:

No one is buying his "good cop, trying to change it from within" bullshit either

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I am. But then again I'm one of the supposed bad guys, cuz ALL cops are bad. Hurr

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Here's Philly FOP having a normal, racist one

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/1196919711541452802?s=20

And possibly some fallout from the fake heroin bust turned murder in Houston

https://twitter.com/keribla/status/1197167214933266433?s=20

#acab

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Wow. I'm in Houston and that flew under my radar. Thanks for sharing, seriously.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.nj.com/eagles/2019/11/eagles-malcolm-jenkins-reacts-to-being-ripped-by-philadelphia-police-union-president-video.html

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Ok, there are LEOs who post on here. Educate me. Why would a sheriff's deputy who appears to be 6' + and 220+ lbs need to lay hands on a 15 year old quadruple amputee?

The kid literally does not have arms and legs and is sitting on the floor.

https://www.kold.com/2019/11/14/wat...k&ICID=ref_fark

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

quote:

Quadruple amputee

quote:

The 15-year-old, in a group home after being abandoned by his family, apparently kicked over a garbage can and verbally threatened a worker. That’s why the deputy was called to the home.

:thunk:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Well hes still got a head so he could have done a header into their nuts while he was resisting STOP RESISTING

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

SimonCat posted:

Ok, there are LEOs who post on here. Educate me. Why would a sheriff's deputy who appears to be 6' + and 220+ lbs need to lay hands on a 15 year old quadruple amputee?

The kid looked at him very disrespectfully, so much so that he feared for his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

SimonCat posted:

isolated incident, etc etc