Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Deeters posted:

Some of the medical terminology was over my head, but this was an extremely good watch. Total dry Irish humor too.

I've never heard an Irishman described as "dry" before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Yeah I think it was a presentation given to medical/pre-med students or something, there's a lot of medical terminology I had no idea about either but lots of good info still and very well presented. The guy sounds like he was a really cool dude :(

quote:

But you can see someone taped a straw bale to this stone wall so, that's fine. That's safe enough. That's legit.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Stumbled on this, ended up watching it all in one sitting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsZBXlTHPCg

Presentation about responding to road racing trauma from a guy who used to do it on a superbike, loaded with medical gear, at speed. Road racing :stare:

Unfortunately we lost this guy during a racing incident. God Speed Dr. John Hinds.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

That video is a 100% proclick

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Chichevache posted:

I've never heard an Irishman described as "dry" before.

Deadpan maybe? I'm a goony engineer, not a writer.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

I think it’s a joke about Irish being drunks.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Toe Rag posted:

I think it’s a joke about Irish being drunks.

This

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Dry humour is a real thing, it's wonderful, lots of people don't get it and that's fine.

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Stumbled on this, ended up watching it all in one sitting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsZBXlTHPCg

Presentation about responding to road racing trauma from a guy who used to do it on a superbike, loaded with medical gear, at speed. Road racing :stare:

I love that video, and Hinds is a rad guy, but "used to" is an interesting way of putting it.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

"used to before he died" would have been just belaboring the point, I mean it says R.I.P. right in the video title

mewse
May 2, 2006

prukinski posted:

I love that video, and Hinds is a rad guy, but "used to" is an interesting way of putting it.

was?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

he ded

timn
Mar 16, 2010
That is some dark irony.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

it's like rain on your wedding day

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
"Anaesthetists are boring" is an enduring stereotype but there is absolutely nobody else I want around when the poo poo hits the fan
This guy sounds like a champ

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Dr Hinds was a weird intersection of interests for my wife and I. She loved all the blood and guts trauma the guy would talk about on his podcast (she’s a nurse) and I loved all the beik talk.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Billie Eilish joined the pointy SV gang

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Are those wallet chains? If yes, they look and are very stupid.

Or regular chains? If yes, then also very stupid.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
That's a very moderate motorcycle choice for a pop star. Love those black frame SV

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Steakandchips posted:

Are those wallet chains? If yes, they look and are very stupid.

Or regular chains? If yes, then also very stupid.

Road Rash chic

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Finger Prince posted:

Road Rash chic

Hah!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I'm reading a few riding technique books over the winter and Total Control by Lee Parks is one of them. Some of the physics of suspension is going to take a few reads to wrap my head around but it's a very well-written book full of great information. And every few pages there's a picture of some crazy poo poo like this:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

What is this person and why are they being inflicted on an innocent Suzuki?

Mister Speaker posted:

I'm reading a few riding technique books over the winter and Total Control by Lee Parks is one of them. Some of the physics of suspension is going to take a few reads to wrap my head around but it's a very well-written book full of great information. And every few pages there's a picture of some crazy poo poo like this:

Agreed that's an excellent book. You'll be pleased to know the hardest thing about that picture is the massively unnecessary contortionist knee going down, cause he isn't even scraping the boards yet :colbert:

Granted his goal probably wasn't to grind the boards into dust like you're meant to, but rather to make a cool picture.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Slavvy posted:

lol you old gently caress

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Slavvy posted:

She's the bad guy

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Martytoof posted:

She's the bad guy

Duh :rolleyes:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I tried. I'm old too :(

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Martytoof posted:

I tried. I'm old too :(
"Duh" is the next part of that song, he was answering your prompt :ssh:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Fifty Three posted:

"Duh" is the next part of that song, he was answering your prompt :ssh:

I repeat, I'm old :q:

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

it's like Grimes and Winona Ryder in Beetlejuice got put into the machine in The Fly

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m just impressed that a pop star with millions of dollars was like “nah I’ll pass on the $60,000 Ducati, gimme the used SV”

Billie Eilish rules

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I watched a bunch of her videos just to see what she’s about and as an avowed hater of pop music, she is awesome.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
When are they going to make one of these with the new Monkey

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
the greatest vehicle on our green earth

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
That thing is tits.

I also really want a Honda cub.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Shelvocke posted:

the greatest vehicle on our green earth

I've checked and yeah, the inverse Honda rule holds true. You'd literally need to sleeve it down to a 50cc to improve it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Verman posted:

That thing is tits.

I also really want a Honda cub.

It is an affront to god himself that these were never street legal

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I've just noticed it says "cub" like even honda aren't convinced.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
I always imagined they sound like a vehicle from the Jetsons versus a combustion engine. It probably sounds like a hair dryer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
The engine looks like one of those 50cc Zongshen ones you can get on eBay for twenty quid with a ripcord