Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DebtBeat posted:

I mean Chris Stewart was in the AF for 14 years but he pretty obviously got tasked with attacking Vindman's as Military Man

While fair, he specifically said they were his father's wings so I wasn't aware.

Also Quigley immediately pointing out the President is the Commander in Chief of the military and there's a power dynamic between the US and Ukraine (again)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Sondland is going to be the best one tomorrow I would imagine....

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Sondland is going to be the best one tomorrow I would imagine....

it's the most important part of the entire case imo

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Angry_Ed posted:

While fair, he specifically said they were his father's wings so I wasn't aware.

Also Quigley immediately pointing out the President is the Commander in Chief of the military and there's a power dynamic between the US and Ukraine (again)

He also said "my 5 brothers served so I come from a military family," I wasn't sure if he had actually served based on that statement.

DebtBeat
Oct 17, 2016
I'm pretty certain they're going to have Stefanik attack Williams' service because she's the only female GOP member and they know how much worse it would look for one of the guys to smear her.

Just like they had Stewart question Vindman's military service

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Ugh, Stefanik time.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DebtBeat posted:

I'm pretty certain they're going to have Stefanik attack Williams' service because she's the only female GOP member and they know how much worse it would look for one of the guys to smear her.

Just like they had Stewart question Vindman's military service

more money for her Democratic challenger coming their way then :getin:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Ok, I think this is a perfect time to go take a dump.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Well they didn't complete the crime so case closed

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The GOP: Frenzied media coverage!

Also the GOP: Nobody's paying attention, bad ratings.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Ok, I think this is a perfect time to go take a Stefanik.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Again, a failed attempt at crime is still a crime, even if you don't succeed or change your mind mid-act! You dumbo

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

"Ny21 cares about hunter biden"

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I can hear her opponent's war chest growing with each word.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

didn't her opponent raise a poo poo ton of money last time she grandstanded?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

a million dollars in two days, ya

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

sexpig by night posted:

They passed a million dollars

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

reading a huge prepared statement as fast as she can because Jim Jordan is apparently her role model here

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

oxsnard posted:

a million dollars in two days, ya

bobjr posted:

They passed a million dollars

lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

That might actually be true. She's acting like this because she thinks it's good for her politically.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol she did a bad job

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
This is so misguided by the republicans. So you get Hunter Biden to testify. And then...? At worst it backfires hilariously, at best it gets Joe Biden to drop out. As a leftist I'm fine with both of those things.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
What're those red and gold lapel pins everybody's wearing?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

mcmagic posted:

That might actually be true. She's acting like this because she thinks it's good for her politically.

She was brought up early to put the screws to any female witness because it looks even worse if you have men berating women.

Schiff smothered that in the crib and she has massively miscalculated regardless.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ReidRansom posted:

Again, a failed attempt at crime is still a crime, even if you don't succeed or change your mind mid-act! You dumbo

And that was already made clear at the last hearing, but of course it's all she's got.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"Lieutenant Colonel Vindman, are you a lawyer?"

"Lawyer is back there" *points to his twin brother*

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

She was brought up early to put the screws to any female witness because it looks even worse if you have men berating women.

Schiff smothered that in the crib and she has massively miscalculated regardless.

She's a fox news and chud hero. She's getting exactly what she wanted.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Okay which one of you is Eric Swalwell.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Swalwell making a great analogy here.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Eric Swalwell is going to run out of ways to explain how attempted crimes are still crimes at this rate. Not saying he's doing a bad job (he's doing a great job) but the GOP aren't going to drop this because it's one of their few talking points.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Dave Grool posted:

"I'm A Congressman" membership pins.

https://twitter.com/RepMoolenaar/status/1080856631842430976?s=09

I don't know/endorse this rep, he just came up on a search.

Wylie fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Nov 19, 2019

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Dave Grool posted:

Their house member pins, I think.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Rep Swawell: Isn't it true, Ms. Williams, that Vice President Pence would do anything for love, but he won't do that?

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
"ididnotfartbtw i yield my time"

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Did flag pins go out of fashion?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

refleks posted:

Did flag pins go out of fashion?

They got tired of having to put them halfway down their chests every day :v:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

sexpig by night posted:

who needs a congressional seat when you can get a fox news sinecure

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Grocery shopping, just paused to let my 4-year-old eat lunch. Did I miss Hurd's questions, and if so was he mostly or entirely disappointing in the "asking sincere questions" department?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/colinjones/status/1196843762523262977

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DebtBeat
Oct 17, 2016

zonohedron posted:

Grocery shopping, just paused to let my 4-year-old eat lunch. Did I miss Hurd's questions, and if so was he mostly or entirely disappointing in the "asking sincere questions" department?

Hurd is on right now and seems to be asking somewhat substantive questions, at least compared to the other GOPers