Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Ok yeah I need another cup of coffee now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skex
Feb 22, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

zonohedron posted:

Grocery shopping, just paused to let my 4-year-old eat lunch. Did I miss Hurd's questions, and if so was he mostly or entirely disappointing in the "asking sincere questions" department?

I'd say that Hurd has been a disappointment but that would require that I ignore my operating principle that there are no good Republicans.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Castro comedy hour!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Skex posted:

I'd say that Hurd has been a disappointment but that would require that I ignore my operating principle that there are no good Republicans.

I had like...a modicum of respect for him during the Mueller hearings (and his opposition to the border wall among other things), but that's all gone because as the impeachment hearing continued he started to toe the line more and more...predictibly.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
Vindmans lawyer is really his brother? That's interesting...

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

ummel posted:

no. his brother is a lawyer

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ummel posted:

No, his counsel is Volkov I thought. I don't think Vindman's brother is representing him during this hearing.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

ummel posted:

Nah, he's just there with him as a guest. He has another lawyer

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

ummel posted:

No, his brother is a lawyer but I think is just in the gallery as a show of support.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Anyone know where the comments from Morrison and Fiona about his poor performance would come from?

DebtBeat
Oct 17, 2016
Castro laying out a pretty good argument that Trump asking for investigations into Biden, Burisma, and 2016 isn't anti-corruption, it's actually corruption

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I see that Ratcliffe is now in the Jim Jordan role.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
They're going with the mafia defense - 'he never actually SAID it was a demand'

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Angry_Ed posted:

I had like...a modicum of respect for him during the Mueller hearings (and his opposition to the border wall among other things), but that's all gone because as the impeachment hearing continued he started to toe the line more and more...predictibly.

Well, you'll notice I asked "mostly or entirely disappointing" not "disappointing or not"; I had hopes for him after the Mueller hearings, but I am not still thinking he knows how to reinstall a spine.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Weird how all their ringers keep being dumb morons willing to debase themselves.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

refleks posted:

Anyone know where the comments from Morrison and Fiona about his poor performance would come from?

My guess would be Fox News making poo poo up, since they love to throw out “hypotheticals” like that

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"How can we really judge what a crime is?"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

or not..

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

refleks posted:

Probably some conservative's rear end in a top hat, either a congressperson or a pundit.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

bobjr posted:

My guess would be Fox News making poo poo up, since they love to throw out “hypotheticals” like that

I thought Gym said it was from their depositions, but it seems really fishy that she would say something she knew there was a written record that disproves it?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

StrangersInTheNight posted:

They're going with the mafia defense - 'he never actually SAID it was a demand'

The one trick the government doesn't want you to know about! Commit any crime! Order any murder! Get away with it simply by not using particular words while you directly and openly demand a crime be committed in front of multiple witnesses!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

refleks posted:

I thought Gym said it was from their depositions, but it seems really fishy that should we say something she knew there was a written record that disproves it?

I mean, the implication here is that Gym Jordan read anything ever, which uh...not likely.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jordan talking about reporting to bosses is loving rich

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
'That is incorrect.' right in Jordan's stupid face

Yesssss

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Gym Jordan doesn't have any concept of linear time.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I want someone to ask Gym Jordan what was the sequence when he didn't do anything about the abuse going on when he was coach

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

gym is literally too stupid to understand the words

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
He literally mentioned the period of time like 3 times Gym. Then again we all know you're not good at hearing things.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

StrangersInTheNight posted:

'That is incorrect.' right in Jordan's stupid face

Yesssss

My mom called and I missed it. What did Jordan say that got him smacked down?

DebtBeat
Oct 17, 2016
Gym Jordan: YELLING. I'M YELLING. I'M GOING TO YELL AT YOU ABOUT DOING EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO AND FOLLOWING DIRECTION FROM COUNSEL

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Gym complaining about improper reporting is just otherworldly

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Smart questioning

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

My mom called and I missed it. What did Jordan say that got him smacked down?

Jordan was trying to feed a narrative of events to the Lt. Col that made it appear he chose to alert his superiors randomly or in a biased manner, attempting to get him to agree for a sound byte, but the Lt Col smacked down that attempt and didn't rise to the bait.

DebtBeat
Oct 17, 2016
let's talk about 2014 when you were blown up

err maybe phrase that a little better

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/1196851329127370752?s=19

Making the point everyone else has this page, obviously. I mean I'm glad none of these guys are competent, but how are they this bad?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1196851826424995841

this seems like the key point to me: other people started reporting how hosed up the call was, and Eisenberg panicked and had to come back and demand he not talk about it

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Landslide? Really?

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Trump must be very unhappy the Dems are fielding a Barr clone against him.

Edit: And now Gym Jordan here to willfully misunderstand what "imposter" means in this context.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

You can tell it's going well when they just start ranting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Just actually got to tune in to Gym :qq: 'ing about the speaker calling trump an imposter, I just don't understand how this is relevant at all?