Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I want them to make all the weapons more useful. I always feel pulled toward certain weapon types because they just fit the meta better.

Honestly this patch went a long way towards that, from what I observe. Very few melee that I've tried feel outright crap.

I've been finding that I am especially drawn to speedy weapons, and I'm planning on building a max speed clashing forest Tipedo to see where that takes me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
My super-fast Kronsh Zaw is my favorite melee. Been wasting lots of plat on veiled melee rivens lately. Today's project will be the Pupacyst.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Honestly this patch went a long way towards that, from what I observe. Very few melee that I've tried feel outright crap.

I've been finding that I am especially drawn to speedy weapons, and I'm planning on building a max speed clashing forest Tipedo to see where that takes me.

I totally forgot about the new melee rework. It's not out on console yet, but that's great news.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How does Wukong's clone interact with stealth mechanics? I was doing a spy mission yesterday and the clone ran out and attacked an enemy, but fortunately he killed the enemy before the enemy could sound the alarm. Is there a way to dismiss the clone?

gnoma posted:

Kogake and Hirudo are actually sparring weapons. They come with leg attachments and their stances use both punches and kicks. Fist weapons are Tekko, Ankyros, Furax and have their own punchy stances/animations. Neither category is amazing compared to other melee types but you can definitely make them work. The stats for both types scale pretty linearly with MR so the highest one you have access to should perform best. Claws are also kind of similar and might perform slightly better because their stances have better procs. Venka Prime is super good but got its MR increased to 14 with the melee update so it may be a long ways off for you.

Yeah I noticed that they don't use fist weapon stances (since I have one or two but none of the sparring ones).

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I think there's a way to "abort" most abilities, sometimes with another ability, usually with a hold of the same button (for wukongs clone).

Usually reading the (elaborate) wiki description of abilities and interactions is a good first step once you get a new frame. You really don't need to memorize all of that of course, but it's good to stumble on some neat (or unintuitive) quirks.

Archwing (if available) also dispells all active effects, something that i frequently used to reset my loki invis time in open worlds.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Nov 19, 2019

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

hold 1 to dismiss the clone

edit: fists are basically boxing stance and sparring is kickboxing

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Wikipedia has shown me the source of kuva.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Archwing (if available) also dispells all active effects, something that i frequently used to reset my loki invis time in open worlds.

It doesn't dispel splinter storm :kheldragar:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ytlaya posted:

How does Wukong's clone interact with stealth mechanics? I was doing a spy mission yesterday and the clone ran out and attacked an enemy, but fortunately he killed the enemy before the enemy could sound the alarm. Is there a way to dismiss the clone?

Yeah I noticed that they don't use fist weapon stances (since I have one or two but none of the sparring ones).

Hold 1.

Also, he won't be spotted by enemies unless he attacks or you have been spotted anyway. He won't trip lasers or scanner, which is nice.

For Spy missions, I don't bother summoning him. Just cloud walk through everything and be done in three minutes.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Khora is incredible and the build to make her whipclaw insane is a giant trap, don’t do it. Her strength lies in being able to cc anything while being pretty durable and having innately high sprint speed. Build her for duration, range, and armor, tank power strength, and venari bodyguard is lowkey one of the best augments in the game. Bonus points if you bring a vampire cat as well.

She’s got one of the few CCs that works on demolysts with her 2, and her cage works on everyone in the index if you want to trivialize it. She got an indirect buff because she was already a great melee weapon platform and those all got buffed to high heaven.

Whipclaw is mainly a trap because you can do an insane amount of damage to a single target with a bunch of setup and multiple targets with even more setup, but so can a lot of other frames, and they can do it faster. Her unique strength is being a durable fast melee CC god.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Update broke the regular trading post in goon ,use the slave trader.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

her 2 works on liches too and will just lock them down for the entire duration

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Is Sarpa worth playing with? I got a riven for it that grants 151% Status Chance and 170% Slash.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Man, the new Kirby reboot sucks.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Booted up the PC version for the first time in ages, like, I think the last time I played this was... 2015? When Archwing came out. I played the PS4 a fair bit last year but this account is pretty bare. Any Plat purchases? I got a 75 percent off plat coupon on login so I have, uh, some extra. Bought the Gauss bundle which is fun but feels way too fast sometime.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Got Frost to 30 today and started with Ember. Still too early to really tell much with her (only at like rank 12 or so). Her 1 seems kinda underwhelming, though that might be due to not having it modded yet. My Oberon and Nyx also finished.

I also crafted a Prime weapon - Braton Prime. It's interesting how it's not just a stronger version of Braton and actually differs considerably in its attributes. I also have a couple others I can craft once my mastery is higher (Destreza Prime, which I'm looking forward to because rapiers are cool and I have its relevant stance mod, and Orthos Prime).

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

if you dont have fleeting expertise (60% eff, -60% duration) yet i have a copy i can lend you

ember definitely wants max rank fleeting expertise and max rank streamline to work

basically you cast 2, set things on fire to build your heat meter up until it hits max burn

congratulations! you now have 85-90% (depending on your ability str) damage resistance against everything and all your attacks do more damage

but you will keep losing energy exponentially the longer you are at max burn so you need to use her 3 to vent heat temporarily to reset the drain. fortunately doing so also has a 100% armor strip and knock down effect with a generous range

if you get the 4 aug for her it gives a 15% chance (Doesnt sound like much but there's a lot of targets) per person hit with her meteors to drop an energy orb, spam that, vent with 3, use fully charged 1 on heavies like noxes thats basically new ember in a nut shell

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Nov 20, 2019

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Booted up the PC version for the first time in ages, like, I think the last time I played this was... 2015? When Archwing came out. I played the PS4 a fair bit last year but this account is pretty bare. Any Plat purchases? I got a 75 percent off plat coupon on login so I have, uh, some extra. Bought the Gauss bundle which is fun but feels way too fast sometime.
First thing you should do is play the quests you are missing, The Sacrifice for example gives you a completly new set of mods for free. Then visit Fortuna.

I think there is consensus that you should buy the Fortuna frames if you like them but hate the long rep grind. All three are very strong in a certain niche:

Hyldrin is a Tank tank (big gun and unkillable with the right Arcanes)
Baruuk is a room clearing Fist of the North Star (build the Exalted for crit)
Garuda is a caster that plays like a bird of prey that deals infinitely scaling dps

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

i would say....no on buying the fortuna frames unless you really love them, as always

if you got plat to spend but garuda and baruuk are both really weird, hildryn is fairly solid and tanky but unless you love the aesthetic there's no rush

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Don't you just need to do bounties for Garuda anyway? I already have her but am not close to getting anything from Little Duck.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

tuna frames need toroids which are a pain now that goon groups for them are a lot less common than a year ago but unless youre flush with plat i wouldnt recommend rushing to them

all three are frankly weird frames that aren't bad but you arent going to get the most out of unless you've already got end game mods and stuff to work with

baruuk is probably the most accessible, but few people really like him (undeservedly)

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I wish Garuda was better. She’s fun to play but that 1 is boring, takes away control, looks super janky, and you have to use it a lot. Ideally they’d make her claws Exalted weapons (or make it obvious that you can use them at all - did you know that if you unequip your melee when playing as Garuda, she’ll get the unique weapon Garuda’s Talons, and you can then mod them?) and make melee contribute to the blood counter.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Whipclaw is mainly a trap because you can do an insane amount of damage to a single target with a bunch of setup and multiple targets with even more setup, but so can a lot of other frames, and they can do it faster. Her unique strength is being a durable fast melee CC god.

I think you're missing something with Whipclaw. It does damage in an area by default, can be spammed more or less indefinitely, and will easily out damage melee. There is no setup to it, you just press 1 over and over and kill everything in 10 meters of where your cursor is.

Whipclaw inherits mods from Khora's equipped melee weapon and you want to build strictly high crit + raw damage to maximize its potential. With the right riven you don't need to worry about using any mod slots on the frame itself to turn Whipclaw into pure death.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

they should really do away with stat sticks

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Don't let warframe's silly labeling fool you - Khora and Atlas 1 are actually rocket launchers, with one becoming more and more powerful the more groups you hit and the other turning you into the rocket.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

saying you -need- a stat stick for khoras 1 is also kind of a misnomer cause itll delete things at level 100 without one, and khora's 1 aug basically scales like crazy anyhow

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Berke Negri posted:

saying you -need- a stat stick for khoras 1 is also kind of a misnomer cause itll delete things at level 100 without one, and khora's 1 aug basically scales like crazy anyhow

A stat stick with a 5 star riven means I don't need the Augment or any extra power strength to delete things, freeing up slots for other things. Stat sticks are a dumb mechanic, but they are the good kind of dumb.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

they should just let you mod Whipeclaw directly like you can mod Exalted Blade or Regulators or or or

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

then i would lose a ton of damage from my riven :mad:

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Plat doesn't go off, so I suggest waiting until you have the information to make the choice yourself. Maybe buy a Shazwin for Warframe Guitar Hero. There are.. a lot of things. Join the clan, play the quests, unlock planets. You might need to go to Junctions, the nodes that move you from planet to planet and kill spectres to unlock some stuff if they didn't exist last you played. Excal's blind and a backstab should do the job.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Using a forma on a warframe should let you put a polarity on the exalted weapon for free :colbert:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Prop Wash posted:

I wish Garuda was better. She’s fun to play but that 1 is boring, takes away control, looks super janky, and you have to use it a lot. Ideally they’d make her claws Exalted weapons (or make it obvious that you can use them at all - did you know that if you unequip your melee when playing as Garuda, she’ll get the unique weapon Garuda’s Talons, and you can then mod them?) and make melee contribute to the blood counter.

Garuda's my 3rd or 4th most played, shes great. The 1 is also definitely her most fun skill because of just how its a combination mobility/defense/offense skill which is one of the most clever and versatile in the game. Its what turns her from just a caster to a hybrid dps/melee tank.

If you're unfamiliar with her skill, her 1 takes control away from you by being a screaming death leap that can travel across the map, turning her into a missile that pounces on to an enemy and rips out their heart. It will kill an enemy that has around 30% health left. It also creates a shield that protects her from damage from the front and transfers damage done to the heart ripped out, and if you hold 1 the heart can have more damage transferred into it before garuda fires it off as a pretty wide ranging nuke. Its amazing. That's a lot for 1 skill.

Garuda's also one of the few frames thats not energy hungry at all along with hildryn. She generates her own health and energy with her skills. For a later game player theres a lot can do to mitigate energy at very little effort but its still fun to just not worry about it at all.

I wish she didnt have the talons at all honestly but they decided to keep it from keith thompsons original art where she was hella bird and not just a thing to dump some of revenants more vampire trait ideas into.

I guarantee the original idea was EVIL ZEPHYR before they split revenant in two.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Nov 20, 2019

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Unperson_47 posted:

Is Sarpa worth playing with? I got a riven for it that grants 151% Status Chance and 170% Slash.

I like the Sarpa more than Redeemer most of the time.

It has good punchthrough (from what I remember) and the range is decent.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Using a forma on a warframe should let you put a polarity on the exalted weapon for free :colbert:
:hmmyes:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
My lich stole my loving pinecone

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Sharkopath posted:

I guarantee the original idea was EVIL ZEPHYR before they split revenant in two.

I mean default Zephyr Prime already looks evil, they need these clear distinctions so they added something def not-Zephyr (especially since they will prob go even harder for her Prime in two years).

Also Garuda is a Shrike and if you read SF you automatically should think "blades" :v:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Dr Cheeto posted:

My lich stole my loving pinecone

You should tweet that at DE.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
How exactly do "Stat Sticks" work? If I've got a melee weapon with good stats, doesn't that just make the melee weapon good when I use it? I'm not understanding where the stats make the warframe better part.

Logicspren
Oct 21, 2010

DarkAvenger211 posted:

How exactly do "Stat Sticks" work? If I've got a melee weapon with good stats, doesn't that just make the melee weapon good when I use it? I'm not understanding where the stats make the warframe better part.

A few frame abilities like Atlas' Landslide punch and Khora's Whipclaw inherit stats from your equipped melee weapon. You could build a weapon with lots of critical chance and critical damage to boost the damage of those abilities without actually intending to use the melee weapon at all, hence the Stat Stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Most abilities scale purely off of what’s on the frame. A few scale off of a special piece of gear that is only associated with the frame in question (‘exalted’ is the term, we’ll see that in Baruuk). A very few scale off of a regular equipped weapon. As a rule, these are *non chanelled* abilities that imitate an attack. So Spoiled Strike is great and will be in basically every one of these. The formula is  

Base*(1+Damage)*(1+Elemental)*(Ability Strength).

The base stats of the weapon do not affect the damage formula directly but any unique mods (including how disposition affects rivens) has an indirect impact. Great stat sticks are generally garbage weapons, because very high dispositions allow you to equip extremely powerful rivens. Fortunately for you, high disposition rivens are often (though not universally) very cheap.

Critical and status mods are also inherited, but 2 of the 3 stat stick abilities have pathetic crit and status.