Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

I'll taint this thread with discussion of how your FACE is kind and peaceful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Speaking of kind and peaceful, the BBC stream had no sound between hearings, and I thought I'd muted my speakers. Then it just came back and startled me, which was neither kind nor peaceful.

This is Morrison, right? Goldman's going to ask him why he said Vindman had poor judgment, right? (I mean... maybe he'll say in his opening statement that he never said that, that'd be cool too...)

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

I'll taint this thread with discussion of how your FACE is kind and peaceful

this thread is peaceful, its inhabitants kind

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Am I reading this right: Volker is amending his testimony to try to throw Sondland under the bus?

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
There was something by one of the Twitter ppl pointing out that Volker probably dabbled in some perjury too. Maybe he’s “correcting the record” or whatever the gently caress they call it when you’re like “oh no I definitely didn’t lie I meant to say this completely different thing”

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

apparently these two witnesses were requested by republicans, but allowed because democrats think it was, uh, not a super idea for republicans to request them

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

eke out posted:

please do not taint this kind, peaceful thread with more What Trump Looks Like USPOL discussion

thin blue whine fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 19, 2019

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

I assume the big correction will be Sondland who pretty much has to write an entire explanation for all the things he said that turned out to not be true?

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

evilweasel posted:

apparently these two witnesses were requested by republicans, but allowed because democrats think it was, uh, not a super idea for republicans to request them

To be honest I can't think of anybody whose testimony wouldn't be damaging to Trump.

Edit: interesting observation from twitter:
https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1196888604318015488

Did anybody else yield all their time?

zonohedron fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Nov 19, 2019

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

lol nunes sounds like such a dope after shiff talking.

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

Y'all

It's Nunes time

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Three years saturating the airwaves with dire warnings!

Are those warnings that are preternaturally large and powerful and have extra hit dice?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Nunes sounds like even he doesn't buy his own poo poo.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Why is it every time I get out of a meeting it's when Nunes is talking? Someone send help I can't take this loving guy

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1196888920740581377

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

this thread is peaceful, its inhabitants kind

It is kinda beautiful and I secretly like to picture it as a transcription of these people's various conversations

E: First chalupa mention. Drink

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1196890525816836096

Wouldn't it be, uh... something, I guess, if Schiff said "okay, we'll let you subpoena Hunter Biden if Don Jr. agrees to testify?"

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Late Fees posted:

Y'all

It's Nunes time

I hate that man with the fire of a thousand suns.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Morrison looks like he's either cold as gently caress about this or about to poo poo himself.

Andronian
Feb 17, 2012

what the hell are these signs, what???

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Aren’t depositions always secret?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

DEVIN NUNES R’S WERE THE MAJORITY PARTY FOR TWO YEARS YOU DIDN’T NEED TBE DEMS TO DO ANYTHING YOU DUM gently caress

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Andronian posted:

what the hell are these signs, what???

They're the visual aides for the Republicans that include a tweet that they claim is about a democratic coup against Trump (it was actually about Sally Yates being fired, also why would the Democrats announce a coup in public via a tweet?), a number of days since Schiff allegedly learned who the whistleblower is but wont' have them testify (because the GOP keep trying to out the whistleblower), and something else I don't recall or give a gently caress about.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Aren’t depositions always secret?

that is the typical practice (and was done by republicans as well)

they don't HAVE to be but if you're at all concerned about people lying to you or coordinating testimony it is very wise

Andronian
Feb 17, 2012

i’m just.... Nunes constantly calling this a circus when they’re the ones putting up the loving decorations

wow

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Andronian posted:

i’m just.... Nunes constantly calling this a circus when they’re the ones putting up the loving decorations

wow

Well that and they're all being the clowns trying to distract you from Trump's crimes.

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

Andronian posted:

wow

If it's not a circus, then why am I wearing these clown shoes??

Skex
Feb 22, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Andronian posted:

wow

"if this process is legitimate why do I keep saying that it's not?"

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Late Fees posted:

Y'all

It's Nunes time

I hate that man with the fire of a thousand suns.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
wait, didn't Volker send a TEXT urging them to investigate Biden

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Andronian posted:

wow
Also complaining about public hearings and private hearings in the same statement.

E: And that Republicans aren't allowed to call witnesses when two of theirs are there right now. What a disingenuous gently caress.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
this is lame

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

oxsnard posted:

wait, didn't Volker send a TEXT urging them to investigate Biden

Yeah Volker saying he was not involved in pushing for the investigation is a lie right?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

That sniffling reporter should probably go home...

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

'Presidontial'

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

This is the day Trump became Presidon't

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Rudy gonna be thrown under the bus

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

"a corrupt country filled with terrible people that tried to take me down"

you can tell Trump actually said this. It's so him.

sim
Sep 24, 2003

This guy trying to argue that it's all just a misunderstanding between countries that he tried to make all better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Lord Hydronium posted:

Rudy gonna be thrown under the bus

It was never a matter of if, it was only a question of when and how.