Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Convex posted:

I had acupuncture on my hosed up leg today and it was more enjoyable than this debate

I also had acupuncture today, funnily enough, and absolutely same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Corbyn smashed it, he came across as a genuinely decent bloke and kept to the point. Bojo came off like a gibbering broken record

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Snap Verdict: What the gently caress was that shite. Seriously, it was like the shittiest hour long 'gameshow' I've ever seen.

Let's have some audience participation! Heckle, clap constantly! Softball all the questions are remove any possible nuance.

I am annoyed.

p.s. Corbyn fix your goddamn glasses.

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ratjaculation posted:

jezza didn't come off good, he got laughed at, he avoided questions.

of course he did. there was a partisan crowd

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Why the gently caress would you ask Gove his opinion

Hmm yes an opinion from someone highly biased how valuable

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Well that was a shitshow pretty much all around, Corbyn did well in the back half and Johnson overplayed his Brexit hand I think but that was a lovely event in a lovely format with lovely questions tbqh

ITV fetish for pledges lmao

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1196894851477975041

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
a quick glance at #itvdebate on twitter is it all people complaining how rushed and poo poo it was

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Ratjaculation posted:

Johnson wasn't better.

But gently caress the people groaning at the idea of poor people suffering from climate change.

One oval office did a hammy laugh after people openly laughed at Johnson. Calm down.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Ratjaculation posted:

Johnson wasn't better.

But gently caress the people groaning at the idea of poor people suffering from climate change.

yeah people are dumb and yeah it wasn't jezza's best ever performance but he got some solid hits in and he came out of it on top - even if only by a small margin. That's a net positive.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

mediaphage posted:

I predict that everyone will think that the candidate they supported won

did anyone win?? corbyn was okay sometimes and completely hosed the start, boris was as poo poo as i expected.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I just can't believe the gall of Johnson repeating that Brexit line when it got nothing but groans and laughs every time.

The man had nothing to say.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Yeah, my previous opinions stamd. Not the best by our boy, but he did get some seriously good hits in- the anti semitism, austerity and quickfire responses really shone. Shame he lost his rag slightly in the first half.

But Boris seemed to be less popular, despite at least one loud heckler on his side. Much less applause it seemed, and the crowd got really tired of his brexit stuff.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

RockyB posted:

p.s. Corbyn fix your goddamn glasses.
Free gift for the first cartoonist (not you azza) to start doing Corbyn with wonky glasses (the prize is a bag of my dog's poo poo hurled at your front door).

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like everyone lost that tbh, I think my brain is dying from having watched it.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

An unexpectedly strong pro-nonce stance from our current Prime Minister.

Carborundum
Feb 21, 2013
Does this matter?

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
gulag the gammons who groaned at helping the Global South

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Big fan of Matt Zarb changing his name to FactcheckUK too

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

stev posted:

I just can't believe the gall of Johnson repeating that Brexit line when it got nothing but groans and laughs every time.

The man had nothing to say.

Every time he had to come up with something extemporaneous that wasn't Brexit-related, it was stilted and obvious.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Jo;

Seriously. Dodged one hell of a bullet there. I actually really want to go back in time and kick that court, just so we get her strident 6th form prefect voice all over that shitshow.

Jimbola
Sep 27, 2005

I say, what a dapper young fellow.
Fun Shoe
That debate was utter trash.

Bit of a shame really because we needed a clear win to start turning around the polls, and not whatever the gently caress that was.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I caught up on Watchmen instead, was this the correct choice?

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life

serious gaylord posted:

Big fan of Matt Zarb changing his name to FactcheckUK too

It's no FatChequeUK though is it

https://twitter.com/lilyallen/status/1196894871807758340

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I don't know why people itt think im angry from the debate because I don't think Corbs came off very well, I'm actually disappointed.

although ITV only having gove on afterward is a loving shitshow.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

78% to Corbyn after 17k votes, I'm sure Twitter has a younger crowd, but gently caress the sour-faced doubters. Corbyn was the only human on that stage

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I caught up on Watchmen instead, was this the correct choice?

Yes, unless you want more desire to just murder the entire british public and also television.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Didn't think I'd ever be saying this, but the leader-debate -but-not-really between May and Corbyn was way better put together than this.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
'The only prime minister in the room' is being trotted out

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Corbyn absolutely "won" that by a mile, but it was a pile of wank overall.

That being said, expect to see Corbyn roasting Joris with the Xmas present answer on Gogglebox this Friday, that and Joris getting repeatedly jeered is all anyone will remember by next week

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Carborundum posted:

Does this matter?

For a large portion of the country the TV debates coming on in the place of whatever bullshit they were trying to watch is probably the only political exposure they will get.

If only Corbyn had answered '"it doesn't matter how I vote" and kept his cool in the first half, I think I'd be a lot happier. He killed it in the second.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I really wish corbyn would learn to be a loving rear end in a top hat for once in his life his Jam-miaking Kindlyness is seriously killing him.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
https://twitter.com/wallaceme/status/1196895751252656130

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jose posted:

loving hell the guardian reckon Corbyn has been better

Wow, Andrew Sparrow must have the night off?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

He saved it for the endgame. This man knows. Me , you, Naptime, Mictan whom he hates for chocnorange atrocities. Our boy left that cunct, covered in piss wondering where his stash was, and why the titheads found him with a knife. And....

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
This after show thing is trash too. Tory commentators clearly briefed to say "there was only one Prime Minister on that stage tonight".

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
The reaction I’m seeing elsewhere among people who are not Corbyn fans is that Johnson embarrassed himself and Corbyn won. This thread is the only place I’ve seen meltdowns about how Corbyn did.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Al-Saqr posted:

I really wish corbyn would learn to be a loving rear end in a top hat for once in his life his Jam-miaking Kindlyness is seriously killing him.

same OP

arm john mcdonnell

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lmao Dawn just absolutely smashing the gently caress out of Priti Patel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
https://twitter.com/JTE85/status/1196895227782615042