Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This guy is a GIANT piece of poo poo. Don't be fooled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

sim posted:

This guy trying to argue that it's all just a misunderstanding between countries that he tried to make all better.

I mean, he's trying to save his own hide after being caught "forgetting" elements of his testimony.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So who in that committee asked him to be here? Also who best is going to roast him over an open pit?

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
https://twitter.com/Isikoff/status/1196894754379837440?s=20

:rolldice:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I have to believe the democrats are going to go after this guy pretty hard, right?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

A lot of rear end covering going on

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
He said linkage! DRINK!

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Compared to Morrison's 2-pager this infinite rear end covering is something that should gain focus from democrats...

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
"I became aware of many new circumstances and things I did not realize, including that the food in prison is very bad and sentences for perjury are very stiff."

Andronian
Feb 17, 2012

i like how he’s just flat out saying that Trump is too stupid to understand anything about Ukraine that he wasn’t being directly fed by people around him

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

In conclusion, please don't hurt me and gently caress Rudy, it was all that guy's fault

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
he's murdering GOP talking points on Biden

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Holy poo poo, "I should have seen those exchanges differently and, had I done so, I would have raised my own objections" is about as close as you can get to "yeah, um, that was obviously kinda hosed up, my bad".

Andronian
Feb 17, 2012

”At no time was i ever aware of, or knowingly took part in, an effort to urge Ukraine to investigate VP Joe Biden”

[7/25/19, 8:36:45 AM] Kurt Volker: Good lunch - thanks. Heard from White House—assuming President Z convinces trump he will investigate / “get to the bottom of what happened” in 2016, we will nail down date for visit to Washington. Good luck! See you tomorrow- kurt

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Volker knows Biden, there's your GOP line for why he's a leftist NeverTrumper who hates America.

sim
Sep 24, 2003

D Counsel about to gently caress his poo poo up

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
lol this is backfiring for republicans

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

So wait, Volker was a GOP requested witness, right? And he's demolishing their neat little conspiracy theory? This is amazing.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Oughta get CLE credit for this seminar on how not to call rebuttal witnesses.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I mean I don’t know who the GOP could have called to look good for them, unless Hunter Biden showed up coked up or something.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
And they go straight to the text message that is different than his testimony.

This legal staffer is great.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Only way it could go worse for GOP would be Volker going "yeah I lied at the request of the POTUS"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

eviltastic posted:

Oughta get CLE credit for this seminar on how not to call rebuttal witnesses.

It probably doesn't help that literally the only lawyer on the GOP side of the Intelligence Committee is Ratcliffe, who as we discovered, is probably a huge fraud.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

wait these are republican witnesses?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

queeb posted:

wait these are republican witnesses?

Yes. They perjured themselves almost immediately. If this is the best the GOP can drum up, they are hosed.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Maybe they thought they would fall on the sword for Trump and take all the blame?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Sondland is looking like he is going to get hosed.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bobjr posted:

Maybe they thought they would fall on the sword for Trump and take all the blame?

Turns out when Trump doesn't reach out to help or pardon literally anybody that did crimes for him, it doesn't inspire loyalty.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

like volkur is just laying it all out for the dems

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Just straight up calling them conspiracy theories :lol:

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Was Nunes' chair empty just then?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
this is amazing

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
I don't think the GOP are going to come out of this with any valuable sound bites. This is really bad for their talking points.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

lmao administrative error what the gently caress

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
we covered up a crime by mistake.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Morrison looking extremely uncomfortable up there.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
I'm kinda wondering if Volker developed a sudden eagerness to testify again, and Nunes or Jordan outright didn't bother to ask the the obvious question.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1196903883399974912?s=20

Amazing

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

queeb posted:

lmao administrative error what the gently caress

Yeah I mean, I imagine entry and removal from this system isn't the easiest thing in the world. Very hard to believe off the bat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/owillis/status/1196900745162956811

This is truly something else.