Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

readingatwork posted:

Libertarians don’t actually have an ideology. They have an elaborate series of excuses designed to give them permission to be an rear end in a top hat.

8 year olds, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

readingatwork posted:

Libertarians don’t actually have an ideology. They have an elaborate series of excuses designed to give them permission to be an rear end in a top hat.

look call it what you want, but I should be able to barter uninspected hog meat from the guy behind the applebees in exchange for gold shavings I keep in a plastic bag

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

loquacius posted:

I touched the poop and it turns out that guy has real logic behind his HSA tweet (the logic is an endless libertarian rabbit-hole)

https://twitter.com/mvbcdo/status/1196894046247149573

If he wants, he can donate his life savings and move to the US with only the shirt on his back. I’m sure he’ll bootstrap his way to riches.

*enjoys the benefits of a country that has one of the highest standards of living in the world due to strong unions and a healthy welfare state*

Heh, why don’t poor Americans just innovate and make their own insulin companies

Scary! has issued a correction as of 22:21 on Nov 19, 2019

nah
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/thestagmania/status/1196854744570122240?s=21

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

"Democratic and Republican strategists told POLITICO that the way single-payer played out in the Newsom-Villaraigosa contest is exactly how they see the fight between the liberal presidential candidates touting Medicare for All and the moderates vowing to improve Obamacare: First, promise Medicare for All. Win the primary. Then move to the middle to pick up more middle-of-the-road voters, and start explaining how you were misunderstood all along. "

:ironicat:

“Winning the argument about universal coverage first, I think, is really important,” he said. “Is there agreement that no one should become poor or die because they don’t have health coverage? The United States political system doesn’t have agreement on that basic principle, and that can get derailed by discussions about wiping out the insurance industry.”

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tom Guycot posted:

"Democratic and Republican strategists told POLITICO that the way single-payer played out in the Newsom-Villaraigosa contest is exactly how they see the fight between the liberal presidential candidates touting Medicare for All and the moderates vowing to improve Obamacare: First, promise Medicare for All. Win the primary. Then move to the middle to pick up more middle-of-the-road voters, and start explaining how you were misunderstood all along. "

“Winning the argument about universal coverage first, I think, is really important,” he said. “Is there agreement that no one should become poor or die because they don’t have health coverage? The United States political system doesn’t have agreement on that basic principle, and that can get derailed by discussions about wiping out the insurance industry.”

lmfao, trying to spin being a lying coward as some kind of political genius without realizing that this exact attitude is what got us Trump

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tom Guycot posted:

lol

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

readingatwork posted:

This checks out

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this is the best poo poo I’ve seen all week

we Stan a Queen

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
People in the government think that just simply lying is tier 1 machiavellian 4d chess

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

omfg

https://mobile.twitter.com/swamp_land/status/1196906064429506561

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

She is a fine congresswoman. Almost as good as mine!

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

every time.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lmao yep there it is

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I spend all day screaming about Bernie the racist and spend all night dancing for Pete!

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

What's wrong with blood magick, specifically

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

lmao always

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lmao at that last sentence

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Tom Guycot posted:

Born, bread, and educated to lose

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Juul-Whip posted:

oh good god this thread

This is a cult brainwashing technique. I'm convinced. These people who haven’t exercised their gross bodies in like 3 decades receive a jolt of endorphins from the about 100 seconds of aerobic movement which, when followed by a negative response from the outside world, only further reinforces their loyalty to the cult.

Definitely not the first to notice.

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/1196818567385296897

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

RottenK posted:

lmao always

Law of nature

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1196897651423358976

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Scary! posted:

This might be from a law where states can take money from bank accounts if there’s no bank activity in a certain amount of time. It’s assume the money is abandoned, unless you mean the money in the HSA is going to a company.

I'm pretty sure they just mean monthly account fees like any other savings account. Which are poo poo, but not HSA specific.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

can’t make obama look bad!

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thoguh posted:

I'm pretty sure they just mean monthly account fees like any other savings account. Which are poo poo, but not HSA specific.

Save money on taxes, lose money on fees

Sounds like a deal

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Thanks Obummer

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Scary! posted:

Save money on taxes, lose money on fees

Sounds like a deal

Only poor people. Rich people don't pay account fees.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Foucault's Buttigieg

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lol at chuds trying to act like this somehow exonerated Trump from anything somehow. People are so depressingly loving stupid.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Thoguh posted:

Back when I had a pre-ACA individual plan with a $10k deductible I opened a no-charge HSA at my bank. I could use it to reimburse myself for meds & lots of over-the-counter stuff, and I didn't have to spend it down every year. The rules & oversight were so loose that I once considered reimbursing myself for medical weed, because no one would've been the wiser, but I never did lest I was audited.

But then the bank started charging an annual "maintenance fee" and then the ACA said HSAs were only for prescribed meds & supplies, and then all of a sudden you could only use a debit card for HSA expenses (thus restricting you to only spending on sanctioned items) and at that point I noped out on it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Media people wonder why people have such a low opinion of them?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Oops we made the wrong president look bad. Sorry folks.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://web.archive.org/web/2019111...-un-doc-1md5de1

old version for future reference

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

check out this subtle succ from my local nbc:

https://twitter.com/NBCPhiladelphia/status/1196885887017201665?s=20

quote:

Her platform is similar to those of more left-leaning Democrats in the U.S. Senate, such as Elizabeth Warren.

the bernie erasure is real and purposeful

Dog Toothbrush
Oct 21, 2019

by Reene
::scratches off another item on the continuously shortening list titled ‘Ways Trump Is Worse Than Obama’::

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nichael posted:

check out this subtle succ from my local nbc:

https://twitter.com/NBCPhiladelphia/status/1196885887017201665?s=20

the bernie erasure is real and purposeful

i love left leaning member elizabeth warren

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/donoteat1/status/1194631547304808462?s=19