Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i'm catching up and god lord they could not have stated it any more clearly

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1196922996063186945

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

oh huh 15 minutes of re-direct for Goldman

Caros
May 14, 2008

Gaj posted:

Jesus today is bad for Rudy and Sondland. Even the Republican witnesses are rat loving them.

Its like the moral quandry of changing tracks, do you hit 1 person or do you hit 5?
Well in this scenario Volker and Morrison are crucifying Rudy and Sondland to the track, and then making the train run over them.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Volker seems less than thrilled...

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

refleks posted:

Volker seems less than thrilled...

these guys both have body language that screams "I am aware I am hosed"

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

lol this dem lawyer is great

Andronian
Feb 17, 2012

i love seeing morrison get grilled i hate this man

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
No I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas! I--I had a flat tire! I didn't have enough money for cab fare! My tux didn't come back from the cleaners! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!!!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Oh my God, Devin, you get the 15 minutes as well. Shut the gently caress up.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Oh, don't have a cow Nunes

Andronian
Feb 17, 2012

ahahaha what a loving turd

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

lol where the gently caress does this drug deal poo poo come from

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Oh he is gonna push this whole "Drug Deal' phrase over and over, isn't he?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

this is OUT OF CONTROL they ADDED ANOTHER EQUAL ROUND! unbelievable!

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Oh, Nunes.

NO. Just. no.

Andronian
Feb 17, 2012

nunes is further detached from reality than even Trump

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

queeb posted:

They're just trying to use Bolton's phrase in order to disparage the investigation.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

queeb posted:

bolton said rudy was doing a 'drug deal' so they're trying to do some kind of newspeak and say drug deal in relation to the democrats as many times as humanly possible

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I GET EQUAL TIME! I AM VERY OFFENDED!!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I really love this. Schiff gets 15 minutes more for his counsel, Nunes gets 15 minutes worth of rope to continue hanging himself with.

Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President

Madkal posted:

Oh, don't have a cow Nunes

‘Okay, Moomer’

He has no idea what to do with his time—he’s out of talking points.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Hahaha Nunes called Volker and Morrison Dem witnesses and demanded to subpoena the Whistleblower AND "Democratic operatives in Ukraine" (eg people involved in a QAnon conspiracy theory that literally no natsec employees think is real)

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
awww yeah this is the good poo poo
https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1196930888787005441

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

queeb posted:

Just watch Fox News (don't) tonight where everyone uses the term "drug deal" over and over again trying to make it a thing.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
What exactly did Nunes cry about, besides Schiff "arbitrarily" adding 15 more minutes? I feel like there was a seperate lie but i was just so flaberghasted.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

love this disorganized lawyer

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Gaj posted:

What exactly did Nunes cry about, besides Schiff "arbitrarily" adding 15 more minutes? I feel like there was a seperate lie but i was just so flaberghasted.

Pretty much that Dems are making up rules as they go along (they're not).

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Someone on Reddit pointed out that the lawyer looks like Dewey from Malcom in the Middle but grown up

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Nunes wants to use magic minutes and gets DENIED :batuka:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i'm pretty sure goldman has made an extremely compelling case that he should be appointed US Attorney for SDNY in 2021, or the head of some DOJ division, or basically whatever he wants that isn't AG

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
Nunes calling it a "drug deal" just makes it look so bad to people who already know about Bolton and just gives the media opportunity to point out Bolton said it first and possibly makes it look worse for people finding out about it.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I am impressed with Schiff's patience. You just know he wants to call Nunes out on his bullshit.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Gaj posted:

Schiff "magically" gave himself an extra 15 minutes. Schiff shot him down saying it was part of the stated procedure. My guess is that the minority wasn't informed they would get an extra 15 minutes so Nunes was miffed that they couldn't prepare better.

Otherwise it's just trying to redirect by saying these were democrat witnesses (they aren't), and that the GOP wasn't allowed their own witnesses (untrue).

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Madkal posted:

I am impressed with Schiff's patience. You just know he wants to call Nunes out on his bullshit.

It's probably made easier by the moments where he stunts on Nunes or seeing Nunes clown on himself.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

sinburger posted:

Schiff "magically" gave himself an extra 15 minutes. Schiff shot him down saying it was part of the stated procedure. My guess is that the minority wasn't informed they would get an extra 15 minutes so Nunes was miffed that they couldn't prepare better.

basically Schiff can have as many rounds as he wants, and when it was clear that there was still more to do after the first 45 minutes, he did another set. the minority knows that this is a possibility (or maybe they legit don't, they're very stupid)

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

lol morrison

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Get hosed Morrison

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
What an evasive turd Morrison is.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

oh my god that soundbite of him saying "yes it would be inappropriate for everyone else" .... "but not joe biden"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

eke out posted:

basically Schiff can have as many rounds as he wants, and when it was clear that there was still more to do after the first 45 minutes, he did another set. the minority knows that this is a possibility (or maybe they legit don't, they're very stupid)

He's started every round of hearings with a reminder that they can do that, so they're just complaining because they can't fill the time with anything but gibbering an Trump-worship. They have no response to the allegations whatsoever.