Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

eke out posted:

basically Schiff can have as many rounds as he wants, and when it was clear that there was still more to do after the first 45 minutes, he did another set. the minority knows that this is a possibility (or maybe they legit don't, they're very stupid)

They are fully aware of the rules and proceedings. They are just putting on a show because they know their only chance of salvaging this shitshow is to generate enough sound bites that they can retain some measure of public support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

ahahaha... "Tell me about your military career"

Was thinking that was gonna be a long list of amazing poo poo.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

eke out posted:

i'm pretty sure goldman has made an extremely compelling case that he should be appointed US Attorney for SDNY in 2021, or the head of some DOJ division, or basically whatever he wants that isn't AG

Because the AG basically always leaves when the admin turns over or because he's too good at cutting to promote to butcher supervisor?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
"If a person tries to bribe and the other person doesn't accept the bribe then no crime took place".

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Madkal posted:

"If a person tries to bribe and the other person doesn't accept the bribe then no crime took place".

I'm sure the judge will find that to be a compelling argument for when you don't offer the cop a big enough bribe to turn the other way.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Here comes the Vindeman hit job

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Morrison getting HAMMERED now.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006

sinburger posted:

Schiff "magically" gave himself an extra 15 minutes. Schiff shot him down saying it was part of the stated procedure. My guess is that the minority wasn't informed they would get an extra 15 minutes so Nunes was miffed that they couldn't prepare better.

Otherwise it's just trying to redirect by saying these were democrat witnesses (they aren't), and that the GOP wasn't allowed their own witnesses (untrue).

Yeah gently caress the democrat witnesses. Like jesus the lies are so blatant I think Im stroking out. I know why schiff is just ignoring it because the news outlets will review this nonsense but I swear Im smelling burnt toast and tasting copper.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Madkal posted:

again, it's just literally the Sideshow Bob 'ATTEMPTED murder, REALLY?! Do they give a Nobel Prize for ATTEMPTED chemistry?!' joke but done unironically

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Munkeymon posted:

Because the AG basically always leaves when the admin turns over or because he's too good at cutting to promote to butcher supervisor?

i just mean he's probably not experienced enough to be in a super high profile top political position like A.G. but he obviously should be given whatever prominent prosecutor job he wants

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

sinburger posted:

They are fully aware of the rules and proceedings. They are just putting on a show because they know their only chance of salvaging this shitshow is to generate enough sound bites that they can retain some measure of public support.

They are fully aware of the rules and proceedings, because they came up with them, fully expecting to be using them to disadvantage Democrats, and for some reason the shoe pinches an awful lot now that it's on the other foot!

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1196935611774570496

or put another way

https://twitter.com/MusicReviewer7/status/1196936038343741440

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Shut the gently caress up, Grandpa.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

oh my god this whiny little babby

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This is such bad faith horseshit.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Whistleblower!!!!! Eat poo poo Conaway.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Shut the gently caress up, Grandpa.

Who is this Fuckwit?

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

conaway is such a loving dink

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
TELL THE SPEAKER TO STOP BEING A MEANIE

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

This guy is annoying as gently caress

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Republicans have a loving blood thirst for the whistleblower.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think at this point they want to expose the whistleblower to scare future whistleblowers and nothing else

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ImpAtom posted:

I think at this point they want to expose the whistleblower to scare future whistleblowers and nothing else

that's literally the explicit plan, yea, make it clear this is what happens when you do bad by telling the truth

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
It's Gym Time.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
one of the third most corrupt

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Can they just give him a mic at half volume from now on? Holy hell he’s loud.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Madkal posted:

Republicans have a loving blood thirst for the whistleblower.

I think they're just scrounging for crumbs. There's some non-zero chance that the whistleblower once "liked" a tweet 5 years ago that was tangentially related to something vaguely left-leaning so they can just run the "WHISTLEBLOWER IS A RADICAL LEFTIST ANTIFA!" bullshit into the ground.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Oh God, Gym giving Trump a verbal hand job right now

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lmao jordan honest to god believes he's owning right now

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It doesn't matter what Jordan says... They will play it on Fox and his tone is enough for the chuds.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The Gym Jordan fanfic hour

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Google Butt posted:

lmao jordan honest to god believes he's owning right now

last week there were times when they get a wide shot of all the members and jim jordan and a few others were smiling and patting each other after grandstanding it was so cringy

Andronian
Feb 17, 2012

did.. did Gym actually believe nunes about these being Dem witnesses

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/Scout_Finch/status/1196939942666100739?s=20

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
I really don’t understand these guys testimony. It seems like first they agree with whatever the Democrats are saying, and then a CHUD like Jim Jordan will get up there, and they will agree with whatever he says. How can they talk out of both sides of their mouth like this?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Xarthor posted:

I really don’t understand these guys testimony. It seems like first they agree with whatever the Democrats are saying, and then a CHUD like Jim Jordan will get up there, and they will agree with whatever he says. How can they talk out of both sides of their mouth like this?

they...work for the state department?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Xarthor posted:

world class rear end covering weasels basically

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

sinburger posted:

Yeah, the Republicans know full well that no matter what is said in these hearings, the American public has the memory of a goldfish and the Senate will vote over lunch to acquit as soon as the case moves over there.

In the American mind, acquit=innocent so all the Republicans need is 5 second clips of them looking mad to play during the election cycle. That's all they are doing.

I think endgame is everything gets pinned on Sondland. Sondland is a billionaire, so he just fucks off to the land of gold toilets.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Why are the Rs focusing so much on talking about TV ratings? Nearly every time they get a turn they are hammering on the fact that the ratings are low. Who gives a poo poo? It’s not an entertainment program. Or I guess to them everything is?

sim
Sep 24, 2003

Yeah, definitely covering their asses.
https://mobile.twitter.com/AriMelber/status/1196933345562832896

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GutBomb posted:

Why are the Rs focusing so much on talking about TV ratings? Nearly every time they get a turn they are hammering on the fact that the ratings are low. Who gives a poo poo? It’s not an entertainment program. Or I guess to them everything is?

their whole thing is just shouting 'NO ONE ACTUALLY CARES' despite constant polling trends showing otherwise