Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/11/19/who-won-itv-general-election-debate
still appears to have that time as of 2019-11-20 00:02

wonder what's going on there - server running at different time zone or something?

e: didn't see your edit, whoops, sorry

CGI Stardust fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If you look at the comments, it's people complaining that it went up 2 hours begore the debate, and complaints from people saying they were unable to vote in it even though they signed up to do so.

This is wonkier than Corbyn's glasses.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Not a recording question but probably something someone might know

I've just been trying to master a song (which may be irrelevant). I've played the song in a couple of media players and in both of them, the volume (and it SOUNDS to me like the quality too but I can't be sure) increases if I then open my browser. To be clear, I'm listening to a song in a media player, switching to my browser with the track still playing, and a split second later the volume (and possibly quality) jumps up. Why would that be? I'm especially curious because I've been trying to work out how to export a song and have it sound like it does in FL Studio, and then trying to master... it's a weird and confusing process already, and then this unexpected thing has confused me even more

I've been messing with my audio drivers a bit but I didn't knowingly do anything that should make it switch like this

I suppose a follow up is: how can I just make it like this all the time? It really seems to sound better and I don't think it's just volume. It sounds similar to when I change my driver in FL Studio from the default to ASIO4ALL, and that's what I kind of suspect it is although I have no idea why or how it would be happening

Paperhouse fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Nov 20, 2019

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Do you have any browser extensions installed that play/modify media or adjust your sound settings? Do you get the same volume jump if the only window that's open is incognito/private?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/MichaelRosenYes/status/1196944318432501760
:laffo:

https://twitter.com/MartinSLewis/status/1196894881756729344

CORBYN FAILS TO WIN OVER MORE THAN HALF THE AUDIENCE

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

blunt posted:

Do you have any browser extensions installed that play/modify media or adjust your sound settings? Do you get the same volume jump if the only window that's open is incognito/private?

wow this is not the thread I meant to post that in, sorry!! thanks for responding no questions asked anyway!

but no, I don't have anything like that in the browser. I closed everything, opened a new incognito window and the same thing happens

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Paperhouse posted:

wow this is not the thread I meant to post that in, sorry!! thanks for responding no questions asked anyway!

Have you tried seizing the means of production from the bourgeoisie? Then all music sounds a little sweeter with the knowledge that justice has been attained for the working class

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Angepain posted:

Have you tried seizing the means of production from the bourgeoisie? Then all music sounds a little sweeter with the knowledge that justice has been attained for the working class

I'm working on it

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
51/49 is a draw. 52/48 is the will of the people.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I did enjoy him describing the indyref as "a good margin"

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Zalakwe posted:

Her sister is my MP and at least one other goon's (Comrade Fakename maybe).

She's alright without being spectacular.

Yeah, I met her at the CLP the other month. She was pretty good, though I wasn’t super impressed with how quickly she segued from me talking about my mum who’d died to her asking me to support her in a potential trigger ballot.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I caught up on Watchmen instead, was this the correct choice?
Yes. Especially after that last episode. Can't believe we got full squid

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
https://twitter.com/BethRigby/status/1196955598711140352

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would prefer if they operated on a footy system where you spend time in the penalty box.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Decisive corrective action as in a sternly worded email lol who are they trying to fool

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Paperhouse posted:

but no, I don't have anything like that in the browser. I closed everything, opened a new incognito window and the same thing happens

everything sounds better louder, which is why you gotta be careful to maintain your overall volume level when comparing mixes. bass and treble become more prominent, which might be why it sounds higher quality. Not sure why it's going up though - I'd open yr windows volume mixer and see if anything jumps when you open the browser

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
I did watch the debate but don't have anything else to add that hasn't been said; the format was poo poo, the questions were terrible, Corbyn flunked the first part by (for some reason) not providing a direct answer to a question he has publically answered before and then rallied for the rest. He was at his best when he got slightly riled up (waving the NHS papers and his answer to the AS question) and came across as witty and human in the awful quickfire bit. Johnson was...Johnson.

Out of interest I checked the politics subforum of PistonHeads to see what all the gammony landlords, Randian small business owners and MRA tech nerds thought. Their 2019 Election poll currently has 55% Conservative, 5% Labour.

There was a surprising amount of positivity about Corbyn. Even of the ones who hate is policies and will never, ever vote for him, some found him the most statesmen-like, the most eloquent, the most empathetic and the one who seemed to actually engage with the issues in the country. A lot liked his having the redacted NHS report to hand when hammering that point. Regardless of what they thought of Corbyn, the opinion of Johnson is near-universally terrible. The continued banging on about Brexit at irrelevant and crass moments, the lack of any positive vision and the bootlicking of the monarchy are the common themes.

Of course it's all 'Boris is crap but I'll vote Conservative to keep out TurboMechaStalin Corbyn VENEZUELA!!!' and the poll speaks for itself but even a community that is fearsomely rich, old, racist, Europhobic and generally reactionary in every way thought Corbyn came out better.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

BalloonFish posted:

the format was poo poo, the questions were terrible,

That's ITV for you.
They have had a terrible way of doing reporting for at least a decade nearly now.
Since they intentionally cut their budgets on their news.
Do they still do that fake insert during some sob story interview of the interviewer nodding in sympathy?
Havent seen that in a long time

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I guess that means jose mourinho won the debate but corbyn came a close second.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

It wouldn't have mattered what Corbyn said to the Brexit question, the answer would have been used as an attack line or to piss off those in either leave or remain marginals. I thought it was pretty good strategy to just stay on message when pressed, the worst critique of that is "politician pivots and doesn't answer question" which is the least bad outcome.

I mean LOOK at the obvious AS attack while completely ignoring anything on the Tories' record or Johnson's own, the deck was stacked.

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 20, 2019

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

BalloonFish posted:

I did watch the debate but don't have anything else to add that hasn't been said; the format was poo poo, the questions were terrible, Corbyn flunked the first part by (for some reason) not providing a direct answer to a question he has publically answered before and then rallied for the rest. He was at his best when he got slightly riled up (waving the NHS papers and his answer to the AS question) and came across as witty and human in the awful quickfire bit. Johnson was...Johnson.

Out of interest I checked the politics subforum of PistonHeads to see what all the gammony landlords, Randian small business owners and MRA tech nerds thought. Their 2019 Election poll currently has 55% Conservative, 5% Labour.

There was a surprising amount of positivity about Corbyn. Even of the ones who hate is policies and will never, ever vote for him, some found him the most statesmen-like, the most eloquent, the most empathetic and the one who seemed to actually engage with the issues in the country. A lot liked his having the redacted NHS report to hand when hammering that point. Regardless of what they thought of Corbyn, the opinion of Johnson is near-universally terrible. The continued banging on about Brexit at irrelevant and crass moments, the lack of any positive vision and the bootlicking of the monarchy are the common themes.

Of course it's all 'Boris is crap but I'll vote Conservative to keep out TurboMechaStalin Corbyn VENEZUELA!!!' and the poll speaks for itself but even a community that is fearsomely rich, old, racist, Europhobic and generally reactionary in every way thought Corbyn came out better.

I don't see how small businesses and start ups wouldn't be down with Labour's broadband plan.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Because people aren't rational. Businesspeople doubly so.

Bundy posted:

It wouldn't have mattered what Corbyn said to the Brexit question, the answer would have been used as an attack line or to piss off those in either leave or remain marginals. I thought it was pretty good strategy to just stay on message when pressed, the worst critique of that is "politician pivots and doesn't answer question" which is the least bad outcome.

I mean LOOK at the obvious AS attack while completely ignoring anything on the Tories' record or Johnson's own, the deck was stacked.

He answered the AS question much better, though, because he was declarative and responded directly to the question.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Who wants to bet that the next round or two of Lib Dem leaflets heavily feature that pic of Johnson & Corbyn shaking hands? Probably also BXP, if you have one near you that can write.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was actually thinking that might be the point of getting them to do it to be honest.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Chuka Umana posted:

I don't see how small businesses and start ups wouldn't be down with Labour's broadband plan.

Because these are the sort of short-sighted, self-aggrandizing wankers who can't see that paying an extra £1000/year in tax for a country with functional infrastructure and an educated, secure, content population with disposable income is in their own interest (leaving aside the broader moral aspect).

Or, in other words:

OwlFancier posted:

Because people aren't rational. Businesspeople doubly so..

chird
Sep 26, 2004

RockyB posted:

Sorry but she's just a horrible moderator. Literally shouting down half the responses because they're only giving time for lovely soundbites.

Then another quarter is lost to loving audience applause.

Just getting around to watch this and agree entirely. This ultrashort answer format is so dumb. They’re barely given time for 2 sentences in most cases.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Cringed myself inside out at that loving host making the two of them make a pledge to make politics nicer or whatever poo poo that was.

Thought jam-man did alright though, and Bogjob was a loving train wreck in comparison.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

The shaking hand poo poo was so absurd. It's like when there used to be fights at school and the teacher would make a big play of making the two children shake hands. Like that solves anything, especially if one of the kids was clearly the bigger dickhead in the scenario.

But whatever, Corbyn clearly won for me. The factcheck scandal is shameless and atrocious but will probably be dismissed as some jovial bit of mischief and ignored in the coming weeks, instead of the transparent, and manipulative dog shite that it is.

Karloff fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Nov 20, 2019

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Why did they debate on the set from Tron?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Paperhouse posted:

Not a recording question but probably something someone might know

I've just been trying to master a song (which may be irrelevant). I've played the song in a couple of media players and in both of them, the volume (and it SOUNDS to me like the quality too but I can't be sure) increases if I then open my browser. To be clear, I'm listening to a song in a media player, switching to my browser with the track still playing, and a split second later the volume (and possibly quality) jumps up. Why would that be? I'm especially curious because I've been trying to work out how to export a song and have it sound like it does in FL Studio, and then trying to master... it's a weird and confusing process already, and then this unexpected thing has confused me even more

I've been messing with my audio drivers a bit but I didn't knowingly do anything that should make it switch like this

I suppose a follow up is: how can I just make it like this all the time? It really seems to sound better and I don't think it's just volume. It sounds similar to when I change my driver in FL Studio from the default to ASIO4ALL, and that's what I kind of suspect it is although I have no idea why or how it would be happening

Your sound driver settings are hosed up, because capital has exclusive control of the means of production, in this case referring to the tools you use to master this song, being your sound card and its drivers, possibly also because the application has exclusive control over the sound drivers until the browser also stakes a claim.

The browser is not a member of the proletariat but rather is setting up a cartel situation, and you can solve this problem properly by dropping something sharp and heavy between the application and the driver, like the OS's audio handler and/or a guillotine blade.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
As an american I don't understand, why was the marshmallow defending the government death panels? Do you have two communist parties in Britain?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
We've got The Bastards Party, The Jam Man Coalition, Squirrel Crushers United, and Those Bloody Scots.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

We do have at least two communist parties in britain though, the CPGB and the CPGB(ML) and also presumably the RCP, all largely in the purest form of the prolerian vanguard, two blokes in a shed sitting on a pile of pamphlets.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

We do have at least two communist parties in britain though, the CPGB and the CPGB(ML) and also presumably the RCP, all largely in the purest form of the prolerian vanguard, two blokes in a shed sitting on a pile of pamphlets.

I asked about communist parties, not liberal revisionists

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think most of the liberal revisionists actually work for the conservative party via the RCP and a mechanism I still don't fully understand.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
still lolling at the fact that like half the debate was taken up by a pledge to be nice to each other and a quick fire round where they wanted yes or no answers

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

The only authentic Communism is, of course, CPGB-Posadist-Cetian (gently caress those Posadist-Altairan splitters)

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Ms Adequate posted:

The only authentic Communism is, of course, CPGB-Posadist-Cetian (gently caress those Posadist-Altairan splitters)

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Sounds like I missed absolutely nothing last night then.

Is it just me or does this fact check thing have Cummies' webbed hands all over it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

The only correct communism is podcastism praxisism