Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

free mormonpartyboat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Unperson_47 posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otolith
These organs are what allows an organism, including humans, to perceive linear acceleration, both horizontally and vertically (gravity).

sounds fake

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/REALpunknews/status/1197031940475494400

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpDmZVYC8KU

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

Unperson_47 posted:

thread, since chiropractics/homeopathic/snake oil poo poo, can i ask you a question?

is realigning ear crystals by a chiropractor a real thing?

Do not let Marianne Williamson modify your ears. You don't need to hear what she hears when the moon is full

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

pretty sure otoliths are denizens of hades, the neutral evil wastes

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

grass is lethal to me in pretty much every form

i bet you don't have to mow a lawn though, haha

sorry :(

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

not an endorsement posted:

the radical leftist c-spam terrorist cell

its called "the succ zone"

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

campfire posted:

was there any kind of limitation on "operational constraints" in terms of manpower, resources etc

yes. i forget the exactly budget we were given but we did have to submit a budget page as well

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Zyla posted:

sounds fake

zyla i cant stop thinking about the video of zendaya and the trans girl

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Are suicide rates noticeably higher among people with things like deathly peanut allergies?

They must be right? It sounds too easy.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

tacodaemon posted:

zyla i cant stop thinking about the video of zendaya and the trans girl

its :kimchi: to the max

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Unperson_47 posted:

These organs are what allows an organism, including humans, to perceive linear acceleration, both horizontally and vertically (gravity).
Yeah if they come loose you can get really bad vertigo.

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

lol just scrolled thru the qcs thread that got mpb a week

mbp is right

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

campfire posted:

lol just scrolled thru the qcs thread that got mpb a week

mbp is right

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

earl crystals are real my friends

"realignment" of them is most def bullshit, tho

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Zyla posted:

yes. i forget the exactly budget we were given but we did have to submit a budget page as well

Terrorist attacks these days are so corporate

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

*ears perk up*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qoIosUdmHM

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Yeah if they come loose you can get really bad vertigo.

thank you, king charles

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

pouring baking soda down my ear canal so i can levitate

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Unperson_47 posted:

thread, since chiropractics/homeopathic/snake oil poo poo, can i ask you a question?

is realigning ear crystals by a chiropractor a real thing?

it is not

the extremely most generous thing I will give this is that there are tiny stones in your ears that determine equilibrium d when they go haywire you get vertigo, I’ve had a couple of bpv attacks over the years and they are not fun. there are exercises you can do to specifically get the stones back into some semblance of balance and make you not want to throw up

I will also guarantee you this is 100% not related to the question you were actually asking

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Unperson_47 posted:

goddamn it, beaten

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Turdfuzz posted:

Allergies sound like they suck. I'm one of those freaks who isn't even allergic to poison ivy.

the first time i gave my kid oatmeal he nearly died

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/bozzylumpkins/status/1195666036525285382

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

wow i cant wait to see what the dems do about it lmao

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1197033754952445952

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
xposting from the artdome thread

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Unperson_47 posted:

earl crystals are real my friends

"realignment" of them is most def bullshit, tho

what!

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Unperson_47 posted:

pouring baking soda down my ear canal so i can levitate

just jam your head in an MRI and tell the tech to crank that poo poo to max polarity

make sure you dont have any amalgam fillings or plates in your head before doing this though

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

it is not

the extremely most generous thing I will give this is that there are tiny stones in your ears that determine equilibrium d when they go haywire you get vertigo, I’ve had a couple of bpv attacks over the years and they are not fun. there are exercises you can do to specifically get the stones back into some semblance of balance and make you not want to throw up

I will also guarantee you this is 100% not related to the question you were actually asking

this chiropractor never brought up magic crystals or chakra or any of that dumb poo poo

my mother was having a problem with the balance and they just told her to move her neck a few ways after one visit and told her to do the exercies at home

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

zyla one time in the 1990s i got sick and barfed all over the place after eating at the IHOP by the Ballston metro station

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

not an endorsement posted:

an old-timey allergist, givin' you a tonic for your allergies

trungo’s big beautiful tonic, a daily dose keeps you in tippy-top shape and is proof against all nasty and corrupt ailments swarming your bodies borders. DO SOMETHING! take trungo’s tonic today

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

great big cardboard tube posted:

Are suicide rates noticeably higher among people with things like deathly peanut allergies?

They must be right? It sounds too easy.

speaking as someone with experience with both there are so many easier ways and it’s painful as gently caress and not even a guaranteed “ur dead”

if you’re in that mind state the last thing you’re gonna want to do is go with a slipshod Rube Goldberg machine based on antihistamine mutations

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

i'm not exactly sure why she went to a chiropractor because i've taught her to be skeptical and distrust them, along with every dumb quack bullshit like homeopathy

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
whaddaya know

a lot of goons are insufferable shitlibs who will never accept the fact that their useless centrism is directly responsible for trump

this is an astonishing realisation that i never saw coming nope, no sir.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

tacodaemon posted:

zyla one time in the 1990s i got sick and barfed all over the place after eating at the IHOP by the Ballston metro station

shame it wasnt at Ralph's

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

in my experience a lot of people dont know that chiropractic is some weird poo poo and they just think chiropractors are "back doctors" the same way that e.g. podiatrists are "foot doctors"

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Terrorist attacks these days are so corporate

one of the lessons that the professor kept hammering home is that most terrorist attacks are foiled by themselves by having horrible staffing and logistics problems. It costs money to go to flight school, to rent an apartment to plan an attack in, to feed and house a half dozen radicals,, all of this eats up resources extremely quickly.

another lesson that was stressed is that enacting complex plans is extremely hard! you aren't getting the most educated or talented people to be terrorists, they only have so much skill at things! keep your plans simple or they will fail every time.

he explained that something like 9/11 was the equivalent of playing dice and rolling natural 20's like 100 times in a row

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

lorn Wayne posted:

whaddaya know

a lot of goons are insufferable shitlibs who will never accept the fact that their useless centrism is directly responsible for trump

this is an astonishing realisation that i never saw coming nope, no sir.

i thought you were the one who was directly responsible for trujm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

tacodaemon posted:

in my experience a lot of people dont know that chiropractic is some weird poo poo and they just think chiropractors are "back doctors" the same way that e.g. podiatrists are "foot doctors"

yeah its insane they're allowed to market themselves like physicians

its weird to me that my insurance covers it. I go because its an excuse to leave the house and sometimes i feel a bit better for no clear reason