Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Alec Eiffel posted:

lol how does one get over the fear of their newborn dying in the crib?

simple. don’t sleep and read the trump thread

anxiety is universal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

DryGoods posted:

just ask them what they think about Sara Lee Banana Cake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiVTwmp2KwA

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Alec Eiffel posted:

read the Trump Thread to lil' Frederick Christ

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

campfire posted:

anxiety is universal

yeah but imagine if you were also responsible for anothers life

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

CODChimera posted:

there was also corrosive politeness chat that u missed

chiropractor chat too

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alec Eiffel posted:

you don’t. ever. but eventually you’re so tired you pass out involuntarily, so nature, uh, finds a way.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

redneck nazgul posted:

never go full c-spam in public

especially not a c-spam mod in public

going c-spam modded in public probably gets you lawsuits with the AAPD

campfire posted:

whats the alternative of going full cspam, just curt but polite dismissal?

you could say, as he described my personality to me in the few encounters we've had, "a smoldering, polite corrosiveness" was applied in a flippant statement.

campfire posted:

that sucks i love hugging my family and my friends and occasionally random people i encounter drunk that make good points

not really, im actually claustrophobic~ :D

Admiral Ray posted:

u gotta do it tho. v. freeing

i have stated to the chagrin or confusion of some people that democrats are just as awful as republicans, i make sure of expressing that sentiment very clearly as often as I can.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

:(

this poor possum is lying catatonic on my balcony, just called animal rescue for it

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

CODChimera posted:

yeah but imagine if you were also responsible for anothers life

yes this is why i will never reproduce, beyond not being willing to submit another soul to my hereditary weaknesses and brain genius

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Tirade posted:

chiropractor chat too

gently caress i missed that

god drat it, you really can't look away for a minute

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alec Eiffel posted:

more serious answer: I recommend one of those monitors that clips onto their diaper. you get a gently caress load of false positives, so idk if it’s an overall gain, but at least you can lay back and relax sometimes and go “it’s silent they’re still breathing.”

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

campfire posted:

like what, besides the obvious ones. specifically what are your young coworkers yapping about that makes you feel old

one dropped an extended gamer girl bathwater riff when that was a thing but the craziest thing was when another told me that she had gone down an youtube hole of watching vids of university students marathoning essays at the last minute before they were due which i did not believe and had to look up to make sure they were not bullshitting me

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Lastgirl posted:

not really, im actually claustrophobic~ :D

if you don't like hugs (from people you want hugs from, or i guess better to say people you are close enough to for that to be a loving and not weird thing) you should talk to someone about it, hugs are good and imo very very loving important, i have a lot of hugless friends and i hug them all a lot

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
damp tree

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

MadJackal posted:

Sledgehammer is a song about Peter Gabriel's penis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJWJE0x7T4Q

Consider that as you watch TRINKS’ impeachment.

please stop spamming the thread

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

tacodaemon posted:

wha tis my posting brand do i have one

if u were present during the nov 8th eclipse and survived u have a posting brand, u can now detect demons

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lastgirl posted:

i have stated to the chagrin or confusion of some people that democrats are just as awful as republicans, i make sure of expressing that sentiment very clearly as often as I can.

good. its especially fun to confuse conservatives by saying liberals are bad people and have ruined the world and then just describe everything republicans love like free market private property freedom meritocracy myths

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Mr. Sharps posted:

one dropped an extended gamer girl bathwater riff when that was a thing but the craziest thing was when another told me that she had gone down an youtube hole of watching vids of university students marathoning essays at the last minute before they were due which i did not believe and had to look up to make sure they were not bullshitting me

how old are you?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
dimple minded

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

CODChimera posted:

there was also corrosive politeness chat that u missed

ah geez

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

trump mugs, not hugs

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

tacodaemon posted:

wha tis my posting brand do i have one

you're a real Sonic® Footlong Chili Cheese Coney

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Mr. Sharps posted:

wait you mean i could have made a killing making youtube videos streaming myself as i guzzle down a slurry of piracetams and modafinil pills and increasing my cortisol levels to surpass equilibrium of anxiety/procrastination levels and desperately trying to crank out a poorly done turd until 6am in the morning 1 minute before i have to deliver?

gently caress, i went to college 12 years too soon. god damnit

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/6DjGeiT.gifv

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Xaris posted:

good. its especially fun to confuse conservatives by saying liberals are bad people and have ruined the world and then just describe everything republicans love like free market private property freedom meritocracy myths

especially republicans when they're about to highfive you for dissing libs and you just give them the look like "ya i dont think so"

stupid republicans crying about small government but begging daddy trump to step in and save them

campfire posted:

if you don't like hugs (from people you want hugs from, or i guess better to say people you are close enough to for that to be a loving and not weird thing) you should talk to someone about it, hugs are good and imo very very loving important, i have a lot of hugless friends and i hug them all a lot

hugs are weird, especially lingering ones, the timing of it all, the appropriateness

thats why dancing is just easier, you're not in a closed position all the time and even then its not even a hug~

the only hugging i expect to do is skin melding caresses in a good gently caress s e s h

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

posting note

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

campfire posted:

how old are you?

smack in the middle of the millennial range, tho a lot of it is probably they have no bones about expressing their online while i generally suppress it whenever a trump or helg bubbles to the surface

Xaris posted:

wait you mean i could have made a killing making youtube videos streaming myself as i guzzle down a slurry of piracetams and modafinil pills and increasing my cortisol levels to surpass equilibrium of anxiety/procrastination levels and desperately trying to crank out a poorly done turd until 6am in the morning 1 minute before i have to deliver?

gently caress, i went to college 12 years too soon. god damnit

never too late to live your dreams my friend. just ebay a harvard sweatshirt and make sure you make up some grades at the end b/c its all about the payoff with that crowd

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

campfire posted:

i just realized this may be an insensitive take and there’s nothing wrong with objecting to any kind of contact

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

not an endorsement posted:

:(

this poor possum is lying catatonic on my balcony, just called animal rescue for it

is it dead

and did it poop itself

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Mr. Sharps posted:

smack in the middle of the millennial range, tho a lot of it is probably they have no bones about expressing their online while i generally suppress it whenever a trump or helg bubbles to the surface

so are you 30 or 35

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

campfire posted:

i just realized this may be an insensitive take and there’s nothing wrong with objecting to any kind of contact

it was a smidge preachy~ but understandable

i just think its reserved for really close friends who are congenial that makes it authentic and genuine which feels amazing rather than quick fake hugs among friends/acquaintances especially when at the back of your head, you feel like it was a social obligation that was forced

im around people a lot and like 99% of them are bullshit, 5% of them are tolerable in a "i don't know what you're about but you haven't done anything hosed up afaik" way in that bullshit department while 94% are just malicious bad faith actors on that fygm tip to lash out for all their perceived slights or just completely self absorbed and it makes them boring assholes that are easily forgettable because they all do the same thing and go on about their lives and I will never remember who they were and what bullshit they were about. The 1% is mythical ephemeral creatures to be cherished before we go back into the stardust cauldron.

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 09:08 on Nov 20, 2019

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

JosefStalinator posted:

is it dead

and did it poop itself

1) no, it is breathing very fast and salivating

2) yes

rabies is not a thing in australia

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

campfire posted:

hugs seem cool but im permanently broken for life on a lifetime of bad parents who should never been parents and was abused (not physically or sexually at least) until i was 18 and it breaks my brain when someone tries to hug me thinking 'why would anyone want to hug me i'm garbage' and i dont even think to reciprocate until its too late and then done awkwardly

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

campfire posted:

some people don't like to be touched

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

pay me $10 for a hug

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

tacodaemon posted:

i thought you were the one who was directly responsible for trujm

TECHNICALLY, yes, but,

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Lastgirl posted:

it was a smidge preachy~ but understandable

i just think its reserved for really close friends who are congenial that makes it authentic and genuine which feels amazing rather than quick fake hugs among friends/acquaintances especially when at the back of your head, you feel like it was a social obligation that was forced

yep fair, where i grew up contact is pretty constant whether its dapping or bro hugs or whatever. i also hug my close friends a lot but that's because im a sentimental binch whom love friends. its easy to gauge whether someone wants a hug or not tho, just do the hug motion and if they shirk or look uncomfortable or whatever dont do it, otherwise hug the gently caress out of them

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

campfire posted:

so are you 30 or 35

yes

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Xaris posted:

hugs seem cool but im permanently broken for life on a lifetime of bad parents who should never been parents and was abused (not physically or sexually at least) until i was 18 and it breaks my brain when someone tries to hug me thinking 'why would anyone want to hug me i'm garbage' and i dont even think to reciprocate until its too late and then done awkwardly

angerbeet posted:

some people don't like to be touched

campfire posted:

i know its my bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot: