Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Raposa posted:

Young Dogstorm and Catviper in the latest anime flashback are adorbs.

It was really weird to see the latest anime episode show a moment I was expecting from the next chapter. They must have synched that up very carefully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Seems like in a recent interview with OP editors, Wano is going to be a really important arc forthe ending and it's going to be heavily related to the last chapter of OP. The flashback were currently seeing now will show something about Roger's adventure and some info/hints as to what is the One Piece on Laugh Tale.

https://twitter.com/sandman_AP/status/1196386166246793216

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Sorry but if you consider the number of pages the next chapter is a spoiler you should seek professional help.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Yeah I always thought the number of pages is usually the same every chapter, give or take a few.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

alkanphel posted:

Seems like in a recent interview with OP editors, Wano is going to be a really important arc forthe ending and it's going to be heavily related to the last chapter of OP. The flashback were currently seeing now will show something about Roger's adventure and some info/hints as to what is the One Piece on Laugh Tale.

None of that seems too surprsing with the themes they've built up, Wano being where the Ponegliffs were made and very important culturally to the world, as well as being the source of Seastone apparently. (I wonder if that's related to the indestructible stone blocks)

By omission that seems to imply the other arcs between Wano and the end are likely to focus more on different character and world arcs, which there's quite a lot of to tie up at this point.

Funny prediction; while it's all but guaranteed at the heart of Raftel there's a secret that can shatter the World Government, at this rate there's a good chance it'll already be falling apart by the time anyone reaches it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I just hope that while we do get the secret history if the world at Raftel, Luffy steadfastly refuses to give a gently caress. There's a cool treasure and this was a sweet adventure, who cares about the past?

Then he notices a delicious looking meet dish in an ancient cookbook, but Sanji can't make it because that particular animal went extinct in the war. And that is why Monkey D Luffy overthrows the World Government.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

wow, 17 pages?!??! this is huge news!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

what's the most double page spreads in one chapter

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
I still can’t believe the name is Laugh Tale. In Stampede they confirmed it so I guess that’s the name.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
the main character's name is loofy monkey

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Monky D. Laughy

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Just have to share my thoughts on Stampede after seeing it in the cinema yesterday.

I was really enjoying it until the giant Mecha thing Bullet created. It really killed the momentum and then the Marine Briefing brought things to a grinding halt.

Also, was Luffy louder than usual or was it just me?

But it was good!

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Gyges posted:

I just hope that while we do get the secret history if the world at Raftel, Luffy steadfastly refuses to give a gently caress. There's a cool treasure and this was a sweet adventure, who cares about the past?

Then he notices a delicious looking meet dish in an ancient cookbook, but Sanji can't make it because that particular animal went extinct in the war. And that is why Monkey D Luffy overthrows the World Government.

yeah luffy is definitely a guy who doesn't care about the bad things that happened to people in the past. that's why he didn't give a gently caress about nami and told her to get over her abuse so he could go on with his sweet adventure

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Elfgames posted:

yeah luffy is definitely a guy who doesn't care about the bad things that happened to people in the past. that's why he didn't give a gently caress about nami and told her to get over her abuse so he could go on with his sweet adventure

We aren't talking 4 or 5 years, we're talking 800 plus. There has to be something either ongoing or insanely bad to justify overthrowing the government for something some dudes 30ish generations ago did.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

autumnal oddium posted:

what's the most double page spreads in one chapter

i feel like it has to be marineford, that one chapter with luffy vs the 3 admirals.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Wasnt the chapter where everyone simultaneously won all thier fights in Fishman Island nothing but spreads?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Gyges posted:

We aren't talking 4 or 5 years, we're talking 800 plus. There has to be something either ongoing or insanely bad to justify overthrowing the government for something some dudes 30ish generations ago did.

there is a Thriving Slave Trade

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Now I want a chapter that's just a spread page. Like it's fold out and when you pull it out it's just huge as hell spread page.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Electric Phantasm posted:

Now I want a chapter that's just a spread page. Like it's fold out and when you pull it out it's just huge as hell spread page.

If the chapter when Luffy lands the knockout punch on Blackbeard is this with Luffy on one end and Blackbeard's face on the other then I wouldn't complain.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Kongou Bancho is the only manga I've ever seen do a four-page spread and it was four pages of one huge dude punching a robot once. Impressive, yes, but more can be done.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Elfgames posted:

luffy cares about nami because she's his friend and she's right there in front of him

luffy doesn't really care about the past unless it's affecting someone in the present. luffy doesn't give a poo poo about norland but he befriends norland's ancestor so ringing the bell becomes important to him

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Luffy literally doesn't listen to her explain her backstory, and helps because she's a friend who needs it, though??? Luffy not caring about history been long established lmao

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Kongou Bancho is the only manga I've ever seen do a four-page spread and it was four pages of one huge dude punching a robot once. Impressive, yes, but more can be done.

It was a very very good spread though.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Electric Phantasm posted:

Although it wasnt a fold out the legend of koizumi did a 19 page spread when he beat Hitler on the moon

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Meme Emulator posted:

Although it wasnt a fold out the legend of koizumi did a 19 page spread when he beat Hitler on the moon

That manga was incredibly fond of spread pages and it was glorious.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Death Bot posted:

Luffy literally doesn't listen to her explain her backstory, and helps because she's a friend who needs it, though??? Luffy not caring about history been long established lmao

luffy doesn't need to hear the story cause he's already seen how she's affected he knows she's hurt, when he sees the room and realizes the extent he destroys the whole loving building.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Elfgames posted:

luffy doesn't need to hear the story cause he's already seen how she's affected he knows she's hurt, when he sees the room and realizes the extent he destroys the whole loving building.

hmm i, wonder if this is a theme

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Pretty sure Sengoku Youko had an 8 page spread at the end of the 2nd act.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Luffy's going to save the world not out of principle but because Blackbeard was a big jerk to him.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Funky Valentine posted:

Luffy's going to save the world not out of principle but because Blackbeard was a big jerk to him.

That pie was goddamn garbage

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Luffy's kinda weird in that he tends not to listen to backstory much, but sometimes he's paying more attention than he seems, and he's also really good at figuring out emotional stuff and judging people's character based on first impressions. Which also means he's pretty good at reading between the lines when what people say isn't the whole story.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dragon will give Luffy a big monologue about why he started the Revolutionaries and about the changes he wants to make in the world. Luffy will give exactly zero fucks until Dragon mentions that Robin backs his plans, at which point Luffy will help as much as he can (by beating up people.)

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Asuron posted:

I still can’t believe the name is Laugh Tale. In Stampede they confirmed it so I guess that’s the name.

What if the currency is called Belly because of "Belly Laughs"

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Elfgames posted:

The scene where he punches out Holdem is kind of similar to this. He just wants to save Tama and is pretty chill about running from Holden to keep the plan running, but when he notices her cheek and realizes that the dude has been torturing a child, he loses it and Red Hawks him.

I don't think Luffy would necessarily care about the 700-year old revelation of the Void Century itself, but we've already seen that he's perfectly willing to punch a Celestial Dragon in the face for being an inhumane rear end in a top hat, and is willing to declare war against the WG to help his friends out. I think what will happen is they'll either execute or try to execute Sabo and/or Vivi, and Luffy will go batshit and decide to overthrow the WG.

Personally I bet that he'll find out about this right as he's about to race Blackbeard for One Piece, and just let Blackbeard win that one, which'll set up the final-final fight.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Pigbuster posted:

What if the currency is called Belly because of "Belly Laughs"

What if Luffys name is actually Laughy?

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Legend of Kozumi had like 12-page spreads. Of Mahjong.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

alkanphel posted:

https://twitter.com/sandman_AP/status/1196386166246793216

Yeah yeah, okay, but what about BIG HAT???

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Lt. Lizard posted:

What if Luffys name is actually Laughy?

Nah, Luffy's name is already a pun.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Raftel - Raff Tell - Laugh Tale

Luffy - Loofy

How are you Laughy people pronouncing Luffy??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Haven't all the official translations already used Raftel?