Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Davis did adjust the offense to suit Colt as a better passer but once he left he had absolutely no idea what to do with noodle arm QBs and a plethora of good running backs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/AndyDemetra/status/1196786159810228224

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Lol, but just want to point out that Mase is a fairly common Tongan name (mah-say) and I don't know how he pronounces it but everyone seems to pronounce it like mace so he probably just goes with it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I made this after the Photoshop thread was locked.

It's kinda lovely but it's Dave and Dave is love.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Where do I post cat? I have two. One is smart and does tricks. The other is an idiot and somehow doesn't have the righting reflex.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Pretty sure I hired Mystical McGee for my daughters birthday party. He did some pretty cool family friendly magic tricks.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

What team does Mystikal McGhee play for because goddamnit, that is my new team.

Unless it's like Michigan or something then he can gently caress right off back to the magical world of *Checks pic* Pensacola.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Sash! posted:

Where do I post cat? I have two. One is smart and does tricks. The other is an idiot and somehow doesn't have the righting reflex.

The best thread for that is in YOSPOS.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1196944496061243397

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Cthulu Carl posted:

What team does Mystikal McGhee play for because goddamnit, that is my new team.

Unless it's like Michigan or something then he can gently caress right off back to the magical world of *Checks pic* Pensacola.

Charlie Ward is his coach. Hell yeah.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Sash! posted:

PYF Cat Pictures
YOSPOS Cat Thread
Multiple threads per coat color in Pet Island

gently caress it, just post in the TFF chat thread.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Also Oregon is hilariously over-ranked in the latest CFB Playoff standings. S&P+ has us around 12-15 and dogs to Utah.

But we have sealed the Pac-12 North so who knows, just have to win out and see.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Regnevelc posted:

Charlie Ward is his coach. Hell yeah.

Man, Charlie Ward loving owned in college

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Maxwells Demon posted:

Also Oregon is hilariously over-ranked in the latest CFB Playoff standings. S&P+ has us around 12-15 and dogs to Utah.

Brand name is one of the top factors to the committee, so big ups to Nike here I guess

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

dirty shrimp money posted:

Brand name is one of the top factors to the committee, so big ups to Nike here I guess

Oregon Football: Hey do you remember 2009-2014? We sure do!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Maxwells Demon posted:

Oregon Football: Hey do you remember 2009-2014? We sure do!

Hey! Joey Harrington was on the cover of NCAA in like 2003, bub.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Oregon could be a team that's feasting on the Pac 12's down year--or they could be an elite team playing down to their opponents!

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

dphi posted:

Lol, but just want to point out that Mase is a fairly common Tongan name (mah-say) and I don't know how he pronounces it but everyone seems to pronounce it like mace so he probably just goes with it.

also nobody was naming their baby after mase post 1997

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

MourningView posted:

Greg Davis is his own sort of even more outdated bad, though I guess the passing game is kind of similar. Outside of the Vince Young years he wasn't really just mashing the QB up the middle over and over again. Texas' offense looks a lot like an Urban Meyer team whenever they got bogged down, but Meyer was a much better recruiter and overall program manager so he got away with it more.

Davis broke McCoy by literally running him up the middle over and over again for nothing

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

illinois is 4-3 in big ten play which i would not have guessed having seen part of that michigan state game

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
Lorenzo Neal is practicing!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Texas A&M coming into Athens the week after a draining hard fought win against Auburn has "trap game" written all over it imo

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Declan MacManus posted:

illinois is 4-3 in big ten play which i would not have guessed having seen part of that michigan state game

I know part of the turnaround for Illinois is they started playing some really terrible teams, but Lovie did something to switch that team around. They went from losing to EMU and Nebraska to beating Wisconsin, Purdue, and MSU. Probably have one more win in them against NU too. I doubt many people expected the Illini to finish with a winning record this year.

In other news, Iowa State is 22nd in the CFP poll, which I appreciate, but I think is undeserved right now.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Bird in a Blender posted:

I know part of the turnaround for Illinois is they started playing some really terrible teams, but Lovie did something to switch that team around. They went from losing to EMU and Nebraska to beating Wisconsin, Purdue, and MSU. Probably have one more win in them against NU too. I doubt many people expected the Illini to finish with a winning record this year.

In other news, Iowa State is 22nd in the CFP poll, which I appreciate, but I think is undeserved right now.

They started getting a hilarious number of defensive TDs, it's very Lovie Smith.

I don't know what it says that a bunch of third stringers from a 5 win USC team are going to help provide the best Illinois season in a decade but it seems bad for someone

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Texas A&M coming into Athens the week after a draining hard fought win against Auburn has "trap game" written all over it imo

Georgia's repeatedly come so close to the title that I suspect they'll stay focused. Their offense is still crap, though.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

LLCoolJD posted:

Georgia's repeatedly come so close to the title that I suspect they'll stay focused. Their offense is still crap, though.

They'll be fine when they can Coley and re-hire Mike Bobo and I mean this 100 percent unironically

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LLCoolJD posted:

counterpoint: georgia gonna georgia

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

LLCoolJD posted:

it should not be as underwhelming as it is given how good fromme is

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Yeah I don’t know what to think about the A&M game. UGA has a fantastic defense when we don’t play soft zone, which is almost never except the 4th quarter against Auburn for some dumb reason, so I think we will still do well defensively but we can’t score our way out of a wet paper bag.

E:

Declan MacManus posted:

it should not be as underwhelming as it is given how good fromme is

Counterpoint: our OC is James Coley

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

LLCoolJD posted:

Crap seems like a very generous description.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Mediocre offenses have won titles. 2002 Ohio State. 2006 Florida. It isn’t unprecedented by any means.

But yeah Coley is poo poo and I’m grateful he is there squandering so much of your offensive talent.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I was, like, the one guy on DawgSports who ever defended Bobo, so I feel sorrowfully vindicated by what's followed. Schotty, Chaney, Coley. Mama mia. (Although Chaney throwing his hands up and just running outside zone every play with Chubb/Michel in 2017 worked OK.)

Bobo had his poo poo moments, but he put points on the board when he had the talent. 2014 UGA was awesome with Hutson Mason at QB, and 2013 UGA was going to be the school's best offense ever before everyone tore an ACL. People on DS would bring up individual bad calls from random games for years, but I mean...how many good calls did Coley have in the Auburn game? Two, total?

LeeMajors posted:

Mediocre offenses have won titles. 2002 Ohio State. 2006 Florida. It isn’t unprecedented by any means.

In fact, Herbstreit compared UGA favorably to that tOSU team a couple days ago. Thing is, though, I hated that team. Every week, a 13-7 win over a 7-5 team. Enough to make me root for the U, even. And now that it's my team doing this schtick, I....still hate it.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Nov 20, 2019

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the Ducks just have Arizona State and Oregon State left, and I'm more nervous for the ASU game to be honest. the defense has been playing lights out, though, winning with that side of the ball dominating is something we haven't seen very often.

no clue if we'll make the playoff or not but it's been a great season so far, hopefully it continues. if only that loving Auburn game had gone differently.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

They started getting a hilarious number of defensive TDs, it's very Lovie Smith.

I don't know what it says that a bunch of third stringers from a 5 win USC team are going to help provide the best Illinois season in a decade but it seems bad for someone

I would say USC because Josh Imatorbehbe looks really good at least.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

LeeMajors posted:

Mediocre offenses have won titles. 2002 Ohio State. 2006 Florida. It isn’t unprecedented by any means..

2002 is a really long time ago, when the spread was still mostly a novelty. There's a reason teams like OSU or Bama aren't still trying to play like that. The game has changed dramatically since then.

2006 Florida was 11th in offensive S&P+. Georgia is 22nd. That's inexcusable for a team that has top 2-3 talent.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Nov 20, 2019

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

I was, like, the one guy on DawgSports who ever defended Bobo, so I feel sorrowfully vindicated by what's followed. Schotty, Chaney, Coley. Mama mia. (Although Chaney throwing his hands up and just running outside zone every play with Chubb/Michel in 2017 worked OK.)

Bobo had his poo poo moments, but he put points on the board when he had the talent. 2014 UGA was awesome with Hutson Mason at QB, and 2013 UGA was going to be the school's best offense ever before everyone tore an ACL. People on DS would bring up individual bad calls from random games for years, but I mean...how many good calls did Coley have in the Auburn game? Two, total?

I’m right there with you on Bobo. He did have a few numbskull plays, but look at 2013 vs LSU, 2014 against Auburn where we blew their doors off, and even the 2012 SECCG. Bobo was a legit QB whisperer just not a really great head coach. Even Cheney had his moments after 2016 went by, but I think Bobo was superior. I would love to know what bobo would have done if he stuck around and stayed OC and Kirby kept him, though that probably means we don’t get Pittman.

KKKLIP ART fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Nov 20, 2019

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

2002 is a really long time ago, when the spread was still mostly a novelty. There's a reason teams like OSU or Bama aren't still trying to play like that. The game has changed dramatically since then.

2006 Florida was 11th in offensive S&P+. Georgia is 22nd. That's inexcusable for a team that has top 2-3 talent.

Uh, sure? I mean we are agreeing that their offense is inexcusable with their talent level.

And yeah 02 was a long time ago but most title teams had pretty great offenses in that era as well. My point is that you can win with a merely efficient if unexplosive offense and some luck. See also: 98 Tennessee.

I don’t think UGA is particularly efficient but stranger things have happened.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Declan MacManus posted:

If Wisconsin loses to Purdue and beats Minnesota, and minnesota loses out, Illinois can win big ten west baby!! 3rd tiebreaker

And yeah lovieball somehow worked , both Wisconsin and Michigan State had a ton of turnovers in the 4th quarter

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
If you put a gun to my head and demanded that i pick between Coley or Brian Schottenheimer or else you'd shoot me, I'd ask you to shoot me twice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

KKKLIP ART posted:

Yeah I don’t know what to think about the A&M game. UGA has a fantastic defense when we don’t play soft zone, which is almost never except the 4th quarter against Auburn for some dumb reason, so I think we will still do well defensively but we can’t score our way out of a wet paper bag.

E:

Counterpoint: our OC is James Coley

The Aggies won't be able to score and it will be a 27-13, maybe 24-10 type game. Maybe the Aggies cover the spread in garbage time. We're just an inferior version of Georgia basically.