Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

yea I can very much imagine that they expected him to go in on Rudy but didn't expect 'everyone knew, it was quid pro quo, and the state department is freezing me out to keep me from telling you that'

I mean, that's what I was expecting too. Volker did the "oh, Sondland? I thought we were on the same side, I thought "talk to Rudy" meant "if you want to know why I'm spouting nonsense, ask Rudy", I just... I wanted to help Trump see that Ukrainians were friends, not food Zelenskyy was a good guy!" so I was waiting for Sondland to go "oh, Volker? I was trying to get him to help me fend off Rudy!"

But no :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

eke out posted:

Mods please change name to

Impeachment Thread: "Again: everyone was in the loop."

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

oxsnard posted:

Smart move by Sondland to go this hard. Probably minimizes likelihood he's charged with perjury later

He was never getting charged anyway but he's going to be a #resistance hero for the rest of his life.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Sondland is Multi-Track drifting a loving trolley into the entire god damned administration.

New thread title.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

That sonic boom you just heard was a lawyer writing out a subpoena for Bolton, I think.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

ewiley posted:

Lol i can't un-hear it now

He needs a little hat that says "secretary."

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

zonohedron posted:

I mean, that's what I was expecting too. Volker did the "oh, Sondland? I thought we were on the same side, I thought "talk to Rudy" meant "if you want to know why I'm spouting nonsense, ask Rudy", I just... I wanted to help Trump see that Ukrainians were friends, not food Zelenskyy was a good guy!" so I was waiting for Sondland to go "oh, Volker? I was trying to get him to help me fend off Rudy!"

But no :allears:

oh me too, I 100% expected this to be 'ok look RUDY was doing some shady poo poo sure but we had no idea what or if he was doing anything on orders or what'

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

And isn't this the first person to actually talk and meet Trump in person?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Rudy could go down but I don’t think any human prison could contain him

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

mcmagic posted:

He was never getting charged anyway but he's going to be a #resistance hero for the rest of his life.

I dunno this is the kind of thing that leads to a giant public push to end corruption. Enron/WorldCom/Tyco happened because of public outrage, Bush's personal connections aside

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

They're obviously going to throw Rudy to the wolves at some point but I don't know how important his testimony would be besides infuriating Trump.

Rudy is probably borderline competent right now.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
One of my friends pointed out that Sondland just looks/sounds just like politics Jeff Ross and I can't unlearn that

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

FizFashizzle posted:

He has low key become my preferred non Trump character to loving go down.

He's in the S-tier, which for me is

Barr
Pompeo
DeVos
Pai

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

ewiley posted:

Lol i can't un-hear it now

🎼 Donald Trump Evil, Incorporated!🎵🎶

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

oxsnard posted:

Smart move by Sondland to go this hard. Probably minimizes likelihood he's charged with perjury later

Its pretty clear that he looked at the landscape and went "well trump has bailed out exactly 0 (zero) people who have gone to bat for him, and he's fuuuuuuuucked. Time to bail myself out of this poo poo and try to shine my part of it up a bit while dishing out the bigger fish"

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

HAHAHA Pence getting roped in now!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I hear you, I lost my dad a few months ago and he would have been watching this with me like it was a sports event.

I'm over at my dad's, doing this now!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

It's too bad that an image can't be the thread title.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Nail Rat posted:

Barr
Pompeo
DeVos
Pai

My list and I would add Carson

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

You can tell, Sondland is absolutely loving this

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
My worry is that he'll say all this stuff, then slip in one lie that the GOP can jump on and say "We can prove he was lying! So you have to ignore everything!!" Then Trump pardons him for perjury.

But right now my elation at the Great Bus Throwing Under is far outweighing that fear.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ZypherIM posted:

Its pretty clear that he looked at the landscape and went "well trump has bailed out exactly 0 (zero) people who have gone to bat for him, and he's fuuuuuuuucked. Time to bail myself out of this poo poo and try to shine my part of it up a bit while dishing out the bigger fish"

Also this was never a career for him. This was just a rich person lark so he could go back to his hotel empire and be like "ahh yes my gap year as a us ambassador hurf hurf hurf"

He doesn't give a poo poo.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
lol Sondland needs to stop trying to be an actor and just read his statement

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Yeah I just keep forgetting about him because he basically just sleeps in his office all day while someone orders stuff on the taxpayer dime for him.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

I'm pretty sure that Carson is the funniest possible person to go down.

He's be so goddamn weird trying to defend himself.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Nail Rat posted:

Barr
Pompeo
DeVos
Pai

I want Barr and Pompeo. Those two fuckers have already let people die and are actively destroying everything. After that Mulvaney and then DeVos (as much as I hate her her evil powers are limited)

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

remember a decade ago, on 10/8, when trump said

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181560772255719424

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
They call him Flipper, Flipper, Flipper, faster than liiiightniiing

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Samael posted:

You can tell, Sondland is absolutely loving this
The dude just got added to every US History class going into the future, regardless of what happens

Also he's basically doing the "tell off your boss on your last day" thing on a national stage

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oh my god

https://twitter.com/AlexThomasDC/st...ingawful.com%2F

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
KEEP BANGIN' AWAY

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

I believe if you check the time stamps carefully you will find that this actually took place in the previous millennium.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
https://twitter.com/BretBaier/status/1197171206471979008?s=20

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

StrangersInTheNight posted:

They call him Flipper, Flipper, Flipper, faster than liiiightniiing

No one you seeeeee....... is balder than heeeeeee.....

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Amazing

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Maggie HabermanWhite House Correspondent
Sondland is walking a real line: trying to say that everyone was in on something that was questionable, but also painting himself as trying to do the right thing at all times.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

lol this owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
lol is schiff smiling?