Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

He seems a little bit too relaxed about this...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

CyberPingu posted:

Lol "The president and I usually talk in a lot of 4 letter words"

... "In this case a 3 letter word."

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?
Even though corruption and criminality is rather openly accepted by the Republican party, I still don't see how Mulvaney gets to remain as chief of staff. Trump Chief of Staff looks like Defense against the Dark Arts instructor - it's a cursed job!

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

Lol "The president and I usually talk in a lot of 4 letter words"

I am upset by President Potty Mouth

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Cabbit posted:

Sondland is quibbling over word choice to try and cover his rear end to some kind of edge case that exists in his own mind, I think.

My hot take is that releasing the $400M in aid is a much more clear cut "official act" for the bribery standard, compared to the quid pro quo for the meeting with trump

I bet Sondland has been told by his lawyers to be very careful about what he admits to with regards to that because it's more dangerous

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

refleks posted:

It's a relaxed look of a man who is driving off a cliff and is like "Well, let's see where this goes!"

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

refleks posted:

I think he's basically got nothing left to lose at this point. By testifying now, the Dem's aren't going to go after him for perjury, he's done in the administration, and he's wealthy so he doesn't need to work ever again...

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

refleks posted:

Probably feeling relief after the opening statement. "Hahaha, I totally did it wow"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
How did this idiot get so rich. Thats the most annoying part...

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Dave Grool posted:

Probably a calculated decision

This is a recurring theme with Sondland:

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019/10/politics/ukraine-text-messages-annotated/

quote:

[9/1/19, 12:08:57 PM] Bill Taylor: Are we now saying that security assistance and WH meeting are conditioned on investigations?

[9/1/19, 12:42:29 PM] Gordon Sondland: Call me

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

mcmagic posted:

How did this idiot get so rich. Thats the most annoying part...

When you have no morals people will pay you to do shady poo poo

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

1glitch0 posted:

Sondland is a funnier character than we've had before. But if we get him to work it'll be great.

Sondland's statement is so dense. Every single page has so many crimes going on.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Eregos posted:

Even though corruption and criminality is rather openly accepted by the Republican party, I still don't see how Mulvaney gets to remain as chief of staff. Trump Chief of Staff looks like Defense against the Dark Arts instructor - it's a cursed job!

there's probably literally nobody else to take the job

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
"I now know it all" lol

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
He just said "of course Burisma=Bidens"

That's uh, a big piece there.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

ewiley posted:

he's done in the administration...

Is he though? I think he is still expected back at work in Brussels come Monday morning.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/TimOBrien/status/1197177881241231360

This is a great point and something the dems need to bring back to the forefront during the rounds of 5 min questioning.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

When you have no morals people will pay you to do shady poo poo

He can't even do shady poo poo competently though.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

my bony fealty posted:

Kushner

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Glad Goldman is bringing this point up since Schiff let it sort of slide by unhighlighted earlier

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I don't know if Jim Jordan is back in the room yet, but Nunes also got up and left at one point.

https://twitter.com/cam_joseph/status/1197176867851247617?s=20

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I just love the detail that they didn't actually have to do anything, just announce it to give Trump a campaign issue.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

mcmagic posted:

He can't even do shady poo poo competently though.

trumpcabinet.txt

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Goldman will all but assuredly be USAG sometime in the future

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

my bony fealty posted:

I’d take it!

For the sole purpose of seeing how fast I could get fired for shouting FULL COMMUNISM NOW at the top of my lungs in every meeting, but hey.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Why do people just text openly about crimes?

Why aren't they talking in code or just simply referring to that "thing" Trump wants? Cheating spouses are more careful about their behavior than these guys.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

oxsnard posted:

Goldman will all but assuredly be USAG sometime in the future

He's earning it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

TyrantWD posted:

Why aren't they talking in code or just simply referring to that "thing" Trump wants? Cheating spouses are more careful about their behavior than these guys.

Hubris is a hell of a thing.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TyrantWD posted:

Because it takes a congressional inquiry to maybe even begin to face consequences

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

TyrantWD posted:

They dumb and think they're above the law

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I don't know if Jim Jordan is back in the room yet, but Nunes also got up and left at one point.

He's gonna wanna claim WE WEREN'T IN THE ROOM maybe?

Or he doesn't want to be in the frontpage photo sobbing into his Trumpie Bear tomorrow.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

TyrantWD posted:

Because these are deeply stupid people who have never faced consequences ever in their lives.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Correction: "the announcement of the investigations" woof

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

mcmagic posted:

I just love the detail that they didn't actually have to do anything, just announce it to give Trump a campaign issue.

Yeah, Dems need to hammer the gently caress out of this.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

ReidRansom posted:

Glad Goldman is bringing this point up since Schiff let it sort of slide by unhighlighted earlier

He's consistently been the best lawyer involved in these hearings by far.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Yeah, Dems need to hammer the gently caress out of this.

I mean, Sondland sure is

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 20, 2019

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
the ONE day i oversleep

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Right now Sondland is thinking, "Why oh why didn't I spend the extra 500k to get the Ambassadorship to the Bahamas."

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

VH4Ever posted:

He's consistently been the best lawyer involved in these hearings by far.

I think that honor belongs to Vindman's lawyer making sure he had a copy of his performance review ready to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Sondland is having a great time up there. So surreal