Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Hey guys. Sup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man, I'm a huge ECW fan and apologist but I can't for the life of me imagine what would possess someone to think of Sandman for "RAW GM" except purely as a troll.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

STAC Goat posted:

Man, I'm a huge ECW fan and apologist but I can't for the life of me imagine what would possess someone to think of Sandman for "RAW GM" except purely as a troll.

Oh it's absolutely a troll move, but unlike WWE's other troll moves it would have actually been funny.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Is there a term for when guys do that shoulder nudge into each other in lucha libre before running the ropes? I feel like I remember there was a proper term for it, but maybe I just made it up. it's been driving me crazy though

they do it once Silver King enters in this clip

https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/983493435981168640

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sandman McMahon posted:

Hey guys. Sup.

:cheers:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandman McMahon posted:

Hey guys. Sup.

lol

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Sandman is one of my favorite wrestlers and I'll never apologize. Joey Janela is like my neo Sandman.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Goddamnit can somebody help me find, which Lapsed Fan episode has them reading Julie Harts book. I know it the Montreal episodes but i cant find it.

I need to hear Boss reacting to Brett loving Julie and saying "one more for the road" and then divorcing her

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

TheCool69 posted:

Goddamnit can somebody help me find, which Lapsed Fan episode has them reading Julie Harts book. I know it the Montreal episodes but i cant find it.

I need to hear Boss reacting to Brett loving Julie and saying "one more for the road" and then divorcing her

is it the wrestling with shadows ep? i love them but I'm not scrubbing through 12 hours of podcasts to find a timestamp

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

TheCool69 posted:

I'm pretty sure it's in the Prelude to Montreal episodes. Specifically episode 2 because that's where they get into all the Harts and their perspectives. At the very least I know it's where they read Diana Hart's book.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

Didn't Sandman also almost become the RAW GM before it wound up being Regal or someone else? I feel like Sandman had a couple of real close calls of doing things in WWE that would have been interesting in a new and bizarre way, but then he missed out.

There was a battle royale to determine the Raw GM with Sandman and Regal being the final two.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

How big a name was Kevin Sullivan once upon a time? I always hear his name come up when discussing WCW. He always seemed to be wrestling top guys or in a prime position backstage., But in an older Retro Nitro I just listened to they mentioned he is now wrestling in front of 12 people. That's the most I've heard about him since the death of WCW.

Seems like quite a fall.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

NikkolasKing posted:

How big a name was Kevin Sullivan once upon a time? I always hear his name come up when discussing WCW. He always seemed to be wrestling top guys or in a prime position backstage., But in an older Retro Nitro I just listened to they mentioned he is now wrestling in front of 12 people. That's the most I've heard about him since the death of WCW.

Seems like quite a fall.

he was a top guy in the territories and feuded with hogan in wcw. now he is 70 years old and does scummy little indy shows ran by scummy indy people who would book a 70 year old in a match. i am hoping he just does it to keep busy rather than out of financial necessity

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

His stuff in Florida was legendary, and really edgy for the time (since most other promoters wouldn't risk promoting a satanic gimmick).

His running The Varsity Club stable in the NWA was good, but he was hampered in WCW since there was no way he was going to be allowed to be a out there as he could be.

After the WWF did the whole "Ministry" thing in the Attitude era, and pretty much homogenized it, most of the stuff he did back in the day, nowadays, seems quaint.

edit: A couple of months back I found myself going down the wormhole, watching hours upon hours from his stuff from Florida it was that compelling.

edit edit: Also felt bad for poor jobber Jim Backlund, who was on the show every week, getting the poo poo kicked out of him. (although he later became Jimmy Del Rey of The Heavenly Bodies)

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Nov 20, 2019

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

NikkolasKing posted:

Seems like quite a fall.
Sullivan is the same age as Ric Flair, so he's one of those guys who were stars before the 80s boom and managed to have a career well into it. Very few wrestlers that old are any kind of draw anymore.

I don't think he's doing it because he's down and out, though. I think he just likes being out there.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
He also killed the Benoits

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

anyone has suggestions for a brutal looking move that's relatively easy to take? i want to try to convince the peeps i am doing a show with next week that i should take a bump, or if not a bump, at least a submission or something

my only experience is a crash course a few months ago, we went on how to do a basic back bump and a short one minute or so sequence which ends in a leg pull/sweep into an leg lock manoeuvre

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Artelier posted:

anyone has suggestions for a brutal looking move that's relatively easy to take? i want to try to convince the peeps i am doing a show with next week that i should take a bump, or if not a bump, at least a submission or something

my only experience is a crash course a few months ago, we went on how to do a basic back bump and a short one minute or so sequence which ends in a leg pull/sweep into an leg lock manoeuvre

At 4:03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENb_FR4nIRY

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
Why the gently caress does the game need to load between entrances? All the assets are already there.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Sionistic posted:

Why the gently caress does the game need to load between entrances? All the assets are already there.

It's a game engine from PS1 with a bunch of assets from 2006 onwards tacked on with duct tape, gum, and paper clips

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Artelier posted:

get your fingers broken, it's all the rage these days

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sionistic posted:

my bike light/camera has an app that literally just changes the values in a text file. it takes about 5 seconds to save changes every time. cheaply made software is always terrible.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Can somebody help me with clever cocktail names based on wrestlers? So far I have a Suzuki-gin and an Io Shiraz.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gin and Yoshi-tonic

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"Macho Man" Brandy Savage
Hulk Ho-gin
Royal Rum-Bowl
Scotch Steiner
The Fiz

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

steiner screwdriver is right there

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Lol at Cole at the end.

"Warlock wins." :geno:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Lime Rickey Morton

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Long Island Iced Z :rip:

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Scorpion Death Lock Bowl

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Artelier posted:

curb stomp is probably your best bet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Creme de Menthe of the Crop.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
White Russian Legsweep/Nightmare
Singapore Cane Sling

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Sloe Gin Blizz Clizz Fizz
The Gin-etic Jackhammer
The Night Kaluha Wanalaya Danced On Top of the ECW Arena
Crown Jewel Presents The WWE World Pimm's Cup, The Tournament To Determine the Best Cocktail In the World

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Nov 21, 2019

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
HE CALLS THIS DRINK THE B.T.O. THE BEER TAP OUT

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Edge & Christian posted:

Sloe Gin Blizz Clizz Fizz
The Gin-etic Jackhammer
The Night Kaluha Wanalaya Danced On Top of the ECW Arena
Crown Jewel Presents The WWE World Pimm's Cup, The Tournament To Determine the Best Cocktail In the World

STOP THE drat MATCH

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Moe_Rahn posted:

HE CALLS THIS DRINK THE B.T.O. THE BEER TAP OUT

Sometimes he sits on a table to drink it, which increases the alcoholic content.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Moe_Rahn posted:

HE CALLS THIS DRINK THE BEER VIEW

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

STONE COLD 64 posted:

steiner screwdriver is right there

Scotch is a million times better than vodka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Endless Mike posted:

Scotch is a million times better than vodka
Nothing is Finer Than Sipping a Steiner

Family Wine

You can tell Scott isn't in a leadership position, that naming is about 50 off for his taste.