Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Kith posted:

I felt like all of this should be commemorated w/ a gang tag so uh

inshallah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Is it just me or have Senate Republicans been very quiet recently

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"Is Trump your friend"

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Woah. The GOP is putting a target lock on Giuliani, and he knows it[/i]. Seems big.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 20, 2019

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Turner working hard for that Fox News soundbite.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

What about other planets tho??

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
NO ONE ON THIS PLANET

ugh his yes or no bullshit finally worked

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
Boy, I'd be really mad at the group that put this clearly inept person in the position of Ambassador in this position. Who did that?

Oh that's right, but remember, 2+2 equals made up random numbers that have no connection.

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

Suddenly very excited to see Giuliani's insurance

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

The louder you are, the more true the thing you're saying is

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
all the chuds are gonna hear is ME ANGRY and be happy

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

that was more like what a good cross-examination would look like

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Kith posted:

I felt like all of this should be commemorated w/ a gang tag so uh

This is much more impressive than the questioning of these republican reps.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Comstar posted:

Guliniai

Well, you tried

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If I say things angrily and loudly and force someone to say yes to some arbitrary point that doesn't matter, I win!!!!!!

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I don’t think that “yes” was a good outcome for the Dems. I can’t see how that’s not going to be all over the news with “investigation over.”

Like, wtf just happened. Sondland just invalidated his entire testimony?

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Is it raining in there right now? Wtf is wrong with the audio?

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
That looked like the most useful Republican performance. Drove home a single point that seems part of a logical argument and got Sondland to agree. It doesn't hold up under much scrutiny, but it definitely works within a closed intellectual environment.

Once again, what the gently caress are they paying Castor for?

Blind Rasputin posted:

I don’t think that “yes” was a good outcome for the Dems. I can’t see how that’s not going to be all over the news with “investigation over.”

No, because Sondland still testified that Trump ordered him to arrange the investigation announcement. You have to be willfully ignorant to not see what happened.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Wylie posted:

Is it raining in there right now? Wtf is wrong with the audio?

I was just noticing that. I'm watching the CSPAN3 stream, is that happening on other streams?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So uh what happened during that recess? Sondland went from flipping to hostile again.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

evilweasel posted:

that was more like what a good cross-examination would look like

Yup - "If you say yes, it means X-Y-Z", and then he basically forced him to say "yes", even though he doesn't agree with that first point.

Blind Rasputin posted:

No, they Republican scored points because they got him to admit that he doesn't have proof, just that it's really obvious.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

So uh what happened during that recess? Sondland went from flipping to hostile again.
No, he's just saying a very narrow thing.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Schiff just slaps Turner's bullshit down with that one comment. :lol:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

cochise posted:

Unfortunately that part won't be making the rounds on Fox and conservative social media.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
It made Sondland look weak and like he was losing ground - like maybe things could fall apart for him at any moment. Anytime someone backs you into a corner, it doesn't look good.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

cochise posted:

for those of us stuck in meetings, etc, a little more detail?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Flip Yr Wig posted:

That looked like the most useful Republican performance. Drove home a single point that seems part of a logical argument and got Sondland to agree. It doesn't hold up under much scrutiny, but it definitely works within a closed intellectual environment.

Once again, what the gently caress are they paying Castor for?

yeah. that was very well done: he got a specific talking point out of sondland, blocked sondland from saying anything else, and got sondland to appear to agree with everything he yelled.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
With the exception of Swallwell, Quigley and Welch, can the rest of the Democrats just yield their time to Schiff?

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Blind Rasputin posted:

It's just more "The President never said the magic crime words, therefore no crimes." bullshit.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

What is this conspiracy theory bullshit :psyduck:

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
a mathematic fact!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
But wait I thought the Washington Post was fake news.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Oh my God they're citing Kessler.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
always nice when they preface with 'i'm not a lawyer and in fact i have no idea what im doing'

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
3 PINOCCHIOS HAVE HIT THE 2ND TOWER

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Impeach Glenn Kessler

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

sinburger posted:

It's just more "The President never said the magic crime words, therefore no crimes." bullshit.

All someone on trial for murder needs to do is say "i didn't murder" and they are clearly innocent.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Scott Forstall posted:

for those of us stuck in meetings, etc, a little more detail?

Basically correcting the talking point that POTUS never said directly that he wants to break the law/bribe Ukraine. The GOP apparently keeps harping on the fact that it wasn't directly stated in big loud speech so therefore it can't be illegal :smug:, which is totally stupid.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

What is this conspiracy theory bullshit :psyduck:

Muddying the water; the Republicans were bloviating about how more than one country could try to influence our elections yesterday.

Now an old man yells in our direction about the W. Histleblower, America's greatest villain.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Blind Rasputin posted:

He said that he doesn't have a direct smoking gun, but he has still implicated everyone up to the president in this process.

The next step is obviously trying to roll up one of the President's inner circle, though I don't think any of them are gonna wanna fall on their sword for Trump. Time will tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Oh my god they are STILL going on about the whistleblower.