Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeStmria
Aug 13, 2019

"So it begins.."
I woke up to 8 pages of this, what's going on? And why we talking a lot about jungle changes new items and stuff like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

kung fu jive posted:

Dragon changes are interesting. It feels extremely punishing to give up a dragon and if you give up more than two it feels hopeless. This is my silver NA perspective.

Also now that we're in preseason I'm trying jungle. It is hard but it is fun and good.

Its really fun and relaxing when you have all chat and pings muted

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Action George posted:

I’m really curious to see where Stormrazor falls into the typical adc build. I feel like it could become standard as the first item, since it gives all three stats that crit adcs want, and the passive is a lot more consistent damage bonus than IE’s at 1 item.

Stormrazer is pretty much a first buy item for the reasons you state for AA ADC's. Being able to slow an enemy briefly as well as do 120 damage is great and it synergises nicely with RFC in particular. Caitlyn and Tristana chucking out meaty AA's from a million miles away sounds like a nightmare to play against.

MikeStmria posted:

I woke up to 8 pages of this, what's going on? And why we talking a lot about jungle changes new items and stuff like that.

Preseason has started and lots of things have changed. It's exciting stuff :D

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Cage Kicker posted:

Its really fun and relaxing when you have all chat and pings muted

I think I just need to immediately do that as soon as the game launches and not give people chances.

I tried to play Summoner's Rift for the first time in a year or two last night, got matched with/against a bunch of gold and platinums, and got screamed at non-stop from like minute three to when I stopped playing.

How the hell do you actually learn this game again? Months of ARAMs and TFT it turn out have no impact on playing the actual game.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Aerox posted:

I think I just need to immediately do that as soon as the game launches and not give people chances.

I tried to play Summoner's Rift for the first time in a year or two last night, got matched with/against a bunch of gold and platinums, and got screamed at non-stop from like minute three to when I stopped playing.

How the hell do you actually learn this game again? Months of ARAMs and TFT it turn out have no impact on playing the actual game.

I've been improving (slowly)by watching SoloRenektonOnly, yeah he only plays gimmick builds for the page views but he does an excellent job explaining what everyone should be doing at any given time, and most importantly when he makes a mistake he says what it was and what he would have done differently.

Edit: Any time someone is yelling at you just remember the game matches everyone by ELO so they are overwhelmingly likely to be at the same skill level as you

MikeStmria
Aug 13, 2019

"So it begins.."

Aerox posted:

I literally do what the post before mine says. Or just watch youtube and do like [champion here] commentary gameplay and watch as many as I can, trying to understand whats going on.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Learning is overrated. The game is best when you have no idea what is going on.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Not sure why people are going "wow" about Umbral Glaive on characters who already would of built Duskblade, which was Umbral Glaive with more stats and a extra damage passive.

No, what you're going to see is Nocturne's and Kha'zix's pick up the OP as hell Sanguine Blade and just full-health clear both jungles and the enemy jungler because who is going to arrive in time to help against the Sanguine blade's passive? Noct will even get to use some of it before it decays while traveling into a teamfight.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Oh yeah I played 3 games today and completely forgot about the existence of alcoves. Did not interact with them at all

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

el dingo posted:

Oh yeah I played 3 games today and completely forgot about the existence of alcoves. Did not interact with them at all

For the life of me I could not think of a single champ or ability that having that extra deadspace to move around in would open up the game for that the bush cover didn't.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

long range pokers like xerath can hang out down there but realistically theres no reason to. you know for a fact there was originally gonna be a grape spawn or something down there, but they got rid of it. you can even see the little nook for it

strong bird
May 12, 2009

having 3 brushes is the real change for the lanes. cant ward them all any more without a red ward

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I could see alcoves getting interesting when party lanes happen, or maybe with Shaco/Eve shenanigans

Also has anyone tried Jhin yet? I could imagine Stormrazor being first item worthy again and better Energized attacks in general putting him back in top tier

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

chaleski posted:

I could see alcoves getting interesting when party lanes happen, or maybe with Shaco/Eve shenanigans

Also has anyone tried Jhin yet? I could imagine Stormrazor being first item worthy again and better Energized attacks in general putting him back in top tier

Not yet but its next on my adc list, after a couple cait games I was like yup the exact same build will do nicely on jhin

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Aerox posted:

Keep playing and tanking till your MMR is at the right level. Then keep playing till you're good. If anything else don't be afraid to be bad and have people whine, those people will whine and poo poo on you for anything. Be bad make your mistakes and learn from them.

And learn why you do things. Why do you want to engage on an enemy thats in the midst of taking an objective? Why might you engage on enemies in the midst of chasing a low health ally instead of fleeing too?

When you've got most of the things down its pretty much just doing things that make sense.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin
Just had an insane game.

Finished with a 20 win streak and 89HP. Had three people in the game accusing me of hacking. Who would bother hacking un-ranked?

Edit: embedding images is hard.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Preseason Karthus support: I’m lovin’ it!

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

I can barely get the client to function. I just want to play a game of TFT before bed drat it :argh:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Yeah, the client seems to be in a total disarray right now,

Edit. "An unexpected error occurred while displaying Ready check", this is a new one

Smol fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 20, 2019

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

For the life of me I could not think of a single champ or ability that having that extra deadspace to move around in would open up the game for that the bush cover didn't.

anivia top baby

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I waited a full minute from the end of ARAM prep to the game loading and they just disabled the game entirely in EUW. Servers are on fire.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Yeah I was in a game when they pulled the plug

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

I was literally about to win my TFT game against the dickhead who had been pinging at me and talking smack all game. Crushed.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

MikeStmria posted:

theres new items this patch!?!?!?!

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Sanguine Blade seems like an item made exclusively for Tryndamere

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Arabian Jesus posted:

Probably need deleting then, along with trynd.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Toxic Mental posted:

Preseason Karthus support: I’m lovin’ it!

Watcha doin' with him? Sounds like it could be a fun change.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Arabian Jesus posted:

You mean Mordekaiser :colbert:, make AD morde a thing. DO IT!

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

Feral Flare and it's follow up items all pushed things too hard in the other direction, where ganking was entirely pointless so farm farm farm.

That period was the most fun for me to play this game has ever been, both in the jungle and out of it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

delete summoners rift for being toxic to game health like they did with tt

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Support Ashe is slightly functional. I couldn't save my heimer from dying, but tbf, I don't know of any champs that could when he can't dodge blitz hooks.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hellioning posted:

Support Ashe is slightly functional. I couldn't save my heimer from dying, but tbf, I don't know of any champs that could when he can't dodge blitz hooks.

if you're a true badass yuumi can solve this problem

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hellioning posted:

Ornn is still the #1 Blitz counter in lane if you're at least halfway decent on your W timing. Admittedly, I have no clue how support Ornn would even do in a post-Relic heal world.

MikeStmria
Aug 13, 2019

"So it begins.."

rabidsquid posted:

if you're a true badass yuumi can solve this problem

That requires levesl of autisim that not even us have.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Jungle does not feel that a slow/farm focus is possible, despite the changes. If anything, it feels like gank meta is more valuable because tons of objectives are up for grabs. It's gonna be a bloodthirsty preseason.

E:

Arabian Jesus posted:

Yes.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Arabian Jesus posted:

It will be busted af on loads on champions. Off the top of my head:

Graves
Khazix
Nocturne
Jayce
Quinn
Pantheon

Don't expect it to last

Svensken
May 29, 2010
How Sanguine made it past playtests without anyone considering how a permanent 40-100% attackspeed increase impacts jungle clears is being my mortal comprehension.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Svensken posted:

How Sanguine made it past playtests without anyone considering how a permanent 40-100% attackspeed increase impacts jungle clears is being my mortal comprehension.

That and split pushing too. Oh, you left Kled/Jayce/anyone ad alone in a side lane for 3 seconds? Say goodbye to your turret.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I don't think there's any way to really make Sanguine workable unless the passive requirement is changed to, "you're near a single, visible enemy champion". Some kind of jungle restriction would feel too hamfisted, but it's hard to think that any non-AD junglers will be able to compete in an environment where Sanguine Blade remains unchanged.

More of the stats on Sanguine should also be shifted to the passive effect, IMO. If you're going to have an item that's as overwhelmingly strong as Sanguine as a split push item, then it really needs to only be a split push item. It's already close to being gold efficient with its base stats (84%), which means you're not giving up much at all for the opportunity to completely dumpster someone in a sidelane.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Nov 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

It's the first patch of preseason, I'd be disappointed if there wasn't an item as busted as sanguine blade