Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

OhFunny posted:

Holy poo poo GOONS!! I DID IT!!!

I placed #1 in Tetris 99!! I can't believe it!!!

:toot:

Congratulations. You're part of the elite!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

OhFunny posted:

Welcome to Invictus, acolyte. Do not be too attached to your blood.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBJpOi5JgD0

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

OhFunny posted:

I always knew you could do it!

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Heath posted:

Welcome to Invictus, acolyte. Do not be too attached to your blood.

Huh. There's more CPU players in Invictus than other Tetris winners.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm curious about what's been said but that trailer really doesn't tell you very much at all.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Yeah, because the pool of people who have placed first in 99 is actually pretty small. (About 1% of the people in any given game by definition :downs: ) and discount from that all of the games won by people who have already gotten first. Then subtract all the people who have won a match but don't play Invictus. Then the number of people who all happen to be playing at the same time. Weekends tend to have more human players, but it's rare that I've been on a game with more than 70% humans.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mana Spark is a buck. Is it worth it?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm curious about what's been said but that trailer really doesn't tell you very much at all.

Giant Bomb had a quicklook a few weeks ago that was pretty... meh?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Len posted:

I like it!

It's not revolutionary but it's perfectly good.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

Giant Bomb had a quicklook a few weeks ago that was pretty... meh?

It was called a Diablo rogue game by someone in thread, which seemed pretty appealing.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

not even british but fuckin lol

I feel like I have to uninstall Slay the Spire from my switch because I'm neglecting all the other wonderful things it can do. It's one of those games I'm not sure I completely enjoy, but if you put it in front of me I'll be gone for four hours minimum.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

jackhunter64 posted:

Reason #27598 why Goldeneye is the Fuckin' Best Ever: the music from the Frigate level is just 'We Care A Lot' by Faith No More.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox_UrxlcY6Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQhX8PbNUWI

OH IT'S A DIRTY ODDJOB BUT SOMEONE'S GOTTA DO IT

Holy poo poo, how did I never realize that?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Looks like I gotta replace my switch Lite with a messed up joystick. If I have my account on both switches am I safe to format the Lite? Don't see anything on unlinking.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

E2M2 posted:

Looks like I gotta replace my switch Lite with a messed up joystick. If I have my account on both switches am I safe to format the Lite? Don't see anything on unlinking.

You can redownload any games, double check to make sure every game supports cloud saves and make sure you upload them to the cloud (you need Nintendo Online to do this, if you don't buy Nintendo Online if you want your saves). If one of your games has disabled cloud saves I have no idea how to migrate your save without doing a full system transfer which would need the refurbished Switch Lite that will likely not be sent until they have yours.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I ended up buying Ring Fit I can’t wait to smash myself in the nuts with the ab crush move

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

OhFunny posted:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I'm finally able to pull things out of storage, so now I've got my Wii U Smash Bros. adapter handy. So does this work with a docked Switch too? And if so, do the GC controllers work with any other games? If anything I figure it'd have to work like those PS4 games that let you use a PS3 arcade stick, where you need a standard controller turned on at all times to use the Share button and all that.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Fun Times! posted:

Has Dragon Quest Builders 2's performance been fixed? The jumbo demo has totally halted my pokemon playthrough...

It's mostly fine, I bought the full game after finishing the jumbo demo and I think it feels slightly better but you do still run into some pretty bad lag when doing stuff in water. It doesn't happen enough that I'm really bothered by it though. If you were as hooked with the game after the demo I think it's an easy recommend.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

OhFunny posted:

Welcome to the players club :cool:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Len posted:

I got 3-4 hours of entertainment out of it. Pretty average game, probably worth a dollar.

Speaking of cheap indie games I bought Biolab Wars. I'm really into modern retro games lately and it looks alright. Will play it after I'm finished with Pokemans.

Reminder Children of Morta is out today. I finished it on PC and will eventually double dip on Switch. My only complaint is I wish the game was longer and/or had a good reason to offer a new game plus mode. I probably finished it in 20 hours, average play time would probably be 18-30 hours depending on your skill level. Maybe shorter if you focus on 2-3 family members only to level.

Trump Card
Jun 25, 2008

HEY GUYS

Minidust posted:

So does this work with a docked Switch too? And if so, do the GC controllers work with any other games?

Yes, and yes. It shows up as a wired pro controller

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

explosivo posted:

It's mostly fine, I bought the full game after finishing the jumbo demo and I think it feels slightly better but you do still run into some pretty bad lag when doing stuff in water. It doesn't happen enough that I'm really bothered by it though. If you were as hooked with the game after the demo I think it's an easy recommend.

agreed

it can start to chug if you visit peoples custom lands or build up a huge amount of things on your home island but as far as the main story goes its good imo

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Andrast posted:

The solution is to play so much isaac that you stop realizing what the things are depicting entirely

This guy gets it.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Tender Bender posted:

Goldeneye's mission-based mini-sandboxes were pretty cool at the time and fairly unique among FPS games. The way enemies were rarely scripted and just roamed around while you roamed the environment doing objectives felt like a relative of immersive sims. I don't play shooters nowadays so I don't know if the genre still does stuff like that or if it's mostly setpieces and "get to the next checkpoint" stuff.

thiis

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

explosivo posted:

I'm nearing the end of the demo and I still want to play, so that's good to hear. I have zero interest in running around user-made stuff.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Fun Times! posted:

I'm nearing the end of the demo and I still want to play, so that's good to hear. I have zero interest in running around user-made stuff.

Same. You get a portal that lets you go to other people's towns but I don't really care about any of that poo poo. That first island you land on in the demo becomes your "hub" world that you build up, while going to other islands to build up their stuff and do quests. You do also unlock the ability to go to other smaller islands where you do collect-a-thon type quests which unlock the ability to create an infinite amount of materials like wood and fiber which is pretty goddamn great. Not sure if that extends to the other islands or if it's just on the main island but either way it's great being able to make a thousand floorboards at once.

My main concern was the full game not being much more than what the demo offered but there seems to be a lot here.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Got 100% on Blaster Master Zero. It was a fun game, easy but chill. Is the sequel any good?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

explosivo posted:

Same. You get a portal that lets you go to other people's towns but I don't really care about any of that poo poo. That first island you land on in the demo becomes your "hub" world that you build up, while going to other islands to build up their stuff and do quests. You do also unlock the ability to go to other smaller islands where you do collect-a-thon type quests which unlock the ability to create an infinite amount of materials like wood and fiber which is pretty goddamn great. Not sure if that extends to the other islands or if it's just on the main island but either way it's great being able to make a thousand floorboards at once.

My main concern was the full game not being much more than what the demo offered but there seems to be a lot here.

The demo is to the end of the first island, correct?

Theres a lot more. Island 2 is (personally) a bit of a slog but Island 3 is great and the building your homebase on the main island is fun.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Kris xK posted:

The demo is to the end of the first island, correct?

Theres a lot more. Island 2 is (personally) a bit of a slog but Island 3 is great and the building your homebase on the main island is fun.

Isn't Island 3 combat island?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Social Animal posted:

Got 100% on Blaster Master Zero. It was a fun game, easy but chill. Is the sequel any good?

It's very good and a bit more of a challenge. The endgame gets pretty drat hard.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tender Bender posted:

Goldeneye's mission-based mini-sandboxes were pretty cool at the time and fairly unique among FPS games. The way enemies were rarely scripted and just roamed around while you roamed the environment doing objectives felt like a relative of immersive sims. I don't play shooters nowadays so I don't know if the genre still does stuff like that or if it's mostly setpieces and "get to the next checkpoint" stuff.

I play a lot of modern shooters and it’s mostly the later. Goldeneye has definitely aged but it’s still a great game that still stands out among even modern shooters.

Social Animal posted:

Not quite as good but still worth playing if you want more.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

I'm not the biggest fan of FPS games, but the rareware/free radical shooters like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Timesplitters still stand the test of time. Except for the graphics of the n64 games. Those are poop.

Wish timesplitters would get ported to the switch. Or any platform, really.

Also, did not know until yesterday that the dinosaur-like Skedar from PD were actually robot suits piloted by snakes.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just looked it up now and Rare has been with Microsoft longer than Nintendo. Nintendo's first published Rare game was 1986(Slalom for the arcade vs system), 16 years later Microsoft bought them, which is now over 17 years ago

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Oh poo poo, Dragon Quest XI used an actual orchestra to make their music and it sounds amazing. Gives the game a kind of upbeat energy.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

SardonicTyrant posted:

Oh poo poo, Dragon Quest XI used an actual orchestra to make their music and it sounds amazing. Gives the game a kind of upbeat energy.

Will you still feel upbeat 100 hours later... Only time will tell!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I just looked it up now and Rare has been with Microsoft longer than Nintendo. Nintendo's first published Rare game was 1986(Slalom for the arcade vs system), 16 years later Microsoft bought them, which is now over 17 years ago

the rare story, or "how to disappear completely"

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

SardonicTyrant posted:

If they remastered DQ5 in the DQ11 engine, it would be a better Pokemon game than anything Game Freak has put out since the GBA.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

If they remastered DQ5 in the DQ11 engine, it would be a better Pokemon game than anything Game Freak has put out since the GBA.

Please don't make me dream about this, I only played DQ5 a few years ago but it's like a top 10 favorite overall, if any of them deserve a remaster (and not that PS2 port from back in the day), it's definitely 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Len posted:

Isn't Island 3 combat island?

Uh... Yeah whoops. That did suck, I'm completely mistaken.