Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Wait they knew about the aid being held up the day of the call??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

oxsnard posted:

it's kind of boring

...Aside from the part where it turns out the Ukrainians knew 1 month earlier than claimed about the aid being held-up

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Party Plane Jones posted:

Quote this post if you want the ‘I want nothing’ Gang Tag whenever it gets uploaded.

For myself so I can just blindly search through pages and find people quoting these lines: Mohican

Yes and impeach the motherfucker pls

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Angry_Ed posted:

...Aside from the part where it turns out the Ukrainians knew 1 month earlier than claimed about the aid being held-up

Yeah that's big holy poo poo.

So many Republican talking points died horrible, horrible deaths today.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Just tuned into this second hearing. How's it going for us?

Seems pretty dry. Testimony to the effect that Ukraine seriously needed that aid. R’s mostly bitching about not being able to call witnesses, I.e. have their whistleblower witch hunt. Schiff told them he has called two witnesses of theirs, they responded with some lame procedural argument about their list not being the same as calling witnesses.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Quote this post if you want the ‘I want nothing’ Gang Tag whenever it gets uploaded.

For myself so I can just blindly search through pages and find people quoting these lines: Mohican

Hello yes I am late and/or have been busy but I would also like one

also thank you!!!

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Am I too late to opt in? (It's worth a try, I guess.)

e: I missed the midnight-EST deadline post, oops

SneezeOfTheDecade fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Nov 21, 2019

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Wait they knew about the aid being held up the day of the call??

They knew at least by 2:30 pm after the 9 AM phone call based on the emails.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

eke out posted:

really good, Laura Cooper revealed that the Ukrainians knew about the hold on aid for like, 6 weeks longer than republicans have been claiming

but this dude should stop saying Madame so much

Time line now is that Ukraine knew about the hold on the aid about five hours after the shakedown call occurred.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Jim Jordan shouting that GOP witnesses aren’t actually GOP witnesses will make the fox news roundup for sure

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

$400 million of military aid isn't something that everyone's going to assume the check's in the mail when there's an active invasion going on. It's the sort of thing the Ukrainian government is going to have multiple people tracking every step of the way.

edit: Uh, Mohican? I requested a gang tag a few pages before but I think it got missed.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

"But what about Obama's blankets??"

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/Olivia_Gazis/status/1197298343363465216

the whistleblower's lawyer says that SSCI chair burr has only contacted them about discussing "oversight of the whistleblower process" not the substance of their client's testimony

in other words, Burr's committee isn't actually investigating what happened here, just doing trump a favor. clears up some of the early reporting today, this is more of a stunt than a real thing

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

“They didn’t know about the hold” is so self evidently a dumb defense because they know that they haven’t received $400 million and they know who’s supposed to be sending it.

1337JiveTurkey posted:

$400 million of military aid isn't something that everyone's going to assume the check's in the mail when there's an active invasion going on. It's the sort of thing the Ukrainian government is going to have multiple people tracking every step of the way.

Yeah this (E; fb)

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Do it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The fact that the Trump administration knew the Javelins were important isn't an argument that helps Trump.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Besesoth posted:

Am I too late to opt in? (It's worth a try, I guess.)

opportunity ends at the stroke of midnight and our president turns back into a pumpkin

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Schiff is basically a reptile I've discovered

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

opportunity ends at the stroke of midnight and our president turns back into a pumpkin

I think you're too late

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

mcmagic posted:

The fact that the Trump administration knew the Javelins were important isn't an argument that helps Trump.
BUT OBAMA'S BLANKETS !!

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone

mcmagic posted:

Yeah, I don't get the javelin bit. It doesn't matter if he held up blanket or missiles for his personal gain.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
https://twitter.com/davidcicilline/status/1197162664222441472?s=19

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Hit me up

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sombrerotron posted:

BUT OBAMA'S BLANKETS !!

They love that one lol

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

I still kick myself that I didn't post pics last Thanksgiving for the swimming Corgi. A gang tag like this will go nicely with my TRUMP LOVER default ;)

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

This dude looks like his wearing a nazi lapel on his suit

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Does anyone know what Fox is going with for headlines with all of this? Do they just have “NOT CRIMES” in caps or are they trying to change the topic to the al-bagdahdi dog or something?

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

Old Surly posted:

Yeah, I don't get the javelin bit. It doesn't matter if he held up blanket or missiles for his personal gain.

I guess they're trying to make the dumb argument that this is totally not a big deal because they're getting the javelins eventually anyway.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I'm 110% interested in a commemorative impeachment gang tag.

actionjackson posted:

This dude looks like his wearing a nazi lapel on his suit

drat.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Stewart straight up asking Cooper if she uses email

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

"uh did you hear anything i said today?"

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

eke out posted:

"uh did you hear anything i said today?"

Who does this fucker think he's lecturing?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Only what I say matters! Context doesn't matter!

No! Context!

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

Thank you for your service

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Trump wasn't extorting Ukraine, he was testing them. Duh.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

Trump wasn't extorting Ukraine, he was testing them. Duh.

"We wanted to see if you would do crimes in order to save yourselves from Russia" :downs:

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

Hopefully I don’t lose my Cortez Crew tag :ohdear:

Pipistrelle
Jun 18, 2011

Seems the high horse is taking them all home

Hi I’ve only really lurked this thread but I want nothing (other than this gang tag, please!)

annaconda
Mar 12, 2007
deadly bite

I want a thing, I'm a lurker but a loyal one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

I think my last post got missed so I'm just going to rerequest.