Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1197224647638437888

Remake of A New Hope incoming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

She isn't wrong, coming up with things is hard to be sure. Coming up with them as fast as humanly possible because the field cannot be left fallow for one second longer than necessary makes it even harder. Good luck w/ this hell of your own making KK & JJ

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
If only Kennedy had had some time over the course of the past 5 movies to develop characters and plotlines that could be explored in future Star Wars movies.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Wild Horses posted:

local garrison butchering a bunch of farmers might have a bad look, might get them punished from the local government or a commissar or the like.
easy to just blame it on the sandpeoples

Be on the lookout, suspect is an unidentified black sand male, age 18-45, possibly armed and dangerous.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Glances sideways at the hundreds of "legends" books

...hell, she's right actually

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

lmao, boo loving hoo

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

When you need a good brain to come up with things to put in your movie, my advice is definitely going to be to hire chris terrio and JJ to get their crayons out and go to town

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lmao if they hire Lucas for ideas

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

She's right tho because they can't essentially lift stuff wholesale like Marvel can.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

euphronius posted:

Lmao if they hire Lucas for ideas

The Return of Icky

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

They will make Dave Filoni oversee all future lore. Dave is also constantly wearing an earpiece and you can just barely hear Lucas' voice coming from it.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Westy543 posted:

She's right tho because they can't essentially lift stuff wholesale like Marvel can.

It's not like marvel movies are based on the comics in any kind of thematic or plot sense though. Infinity Gauntlet in comics is wildly different from the movies.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

I'm choosing to read this as a great burn on Benioff and Weiss.

But also, yeah, boo-loving-hoo. Not only are there decades worth of random novels, video games, comics, and other EU poo poo to try and mine for the handful of decent story ideas in those, it's Star Wars: a pastiche of pretty much every popular genre ever. It can be or do pretty much whatever it wants and the setting would support it.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

if only there was decades of written material to draw freely from that nobody would mind if they mined for material

oh well

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mandrel posted:

if only there was decades of written material to draw freely from that nobody would mind if they mined for material

oh well

Finally, Han Solo will punch an otter on the silver screen

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

No one involved has the time or ability to read a book. But even if they did, the remotest possibility of having to pay royalties to a rando would render reading actively forbidden

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Quick, somebody tweet KK about the dude with lightsabers on his knees from the EU.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

If only there were modern screenwriters who could just come up with ideas using their imaginations

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Here's how I'd start

"PRESENTLY - In a Galaxy far far away"

It would be called The Greedo Book about the titular Rodian, a pilot working for Figrin Dan who is cataloguing which ports are safe for the Modal Nodes to perform their jizz music at

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You think there are any wandering musicians who like to find bands and volunteer to play when one of their members gets sick or killed?

A jizz donor if you will.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Lol just rip off some Japanese movie like Lucas did. Rogue One lifted from Seven Samurai because Edwards is the only person who gets what makes these movies good.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Mandolorian seems to be ripping off Lone Wolf and Cub.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

well why not posted:

Lol just rip off some Japanese movie like Lucas did. Rogue One lifted from Seven Samurai because Edwards is the only person who gets what makes these movies good.

What made the original movies good was novelty. Rogue One lacks a single original idea in the whole film. It’s like a pointlessly accurate cover song.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Jewmanji posted:

What made the original movies good was novelty. Rogue One lacks a single original idea in the whole film. It’s like a pointlessly accurate cover song.

got some bad news for you about the original movies

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It’s time to strip mine the other famous Japanese properties so episode X features a lot of small monsters being collected and battled, while XI is a kaiju film. XII is somehow a remake of Your Name.

well why not fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Nov 21, 2019

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

TLJ almost ripped off gundam newtype poo poo with rey and kylo having an inexplicable psychic bond leading to understanding and connection between enemies

but then it turns out it was all just snoke loving with them and then rey realizes kylo really was the evil bad man the whole time

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Brother Entropy posted:

TLJ almost ripped off gundam newtype poo poo with rey and kylo having an inexplicable psychic bond leading to understanding and connection between enemies

but then it turns out it was all just snoke loving with them and then rey realizes kylo really was the evil bad man the whole time

let the past die. together, we can build a new order

*screams and blows stuff up from an AT-AT*

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Xealot posted:

Not to mention the ethical problem of making stormtroopers into nameless child soldiers. You can't keep pretending the enemies are true-believer space Nazis when they're explicitly child-slaves forced into combat.

Uh...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
If that scene didn't make you uncomfortable, then I've got some bad news for you...

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Bogus Adventure posted:

If that scene didn't make you uncomfortable, then I've got some bad news for you...

I would say those are both true-believer space Nazis, as well as explicitly child-slaves forced into combat, and that scene is still one of the most shocking and uncomfortable in the entire saga.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

I would say those are both true-believer space Nazis, as well as explicitly child-slaves forced into combat, and that scene is still one of the most shocking and uncomfortable in the entire saga.

:agreed:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

To appeal to kids, the next Star Wars thing will just ripoff Naruto.

Now off to edit the Force powers article on Wookiepedia to explain why Jedi and Sith hold their arms straight back while Force running.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

The MSJ posted:

To appeal to kids, the next Star Wars thing will just ripoff Naruto.

Now off to edit the Force powers article on Wookiepedia to explain why Jedi and Sith hold their arms straight back while Force running.

"locking s-foils in attack position"

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Force ghosts but they are jojo style stands.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Imagine Sebulba's stand being ZA WARUDO, but crying out "POODOO, POODOO, POODOO!" instead of "MUDA, MUDA, MUDA!"

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The Last Jedi is already anime. Rian Johnson is an anime director.

That thing you like? It's anime.

That thing you hate? It's really anime.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
There is an "i" in "anime", therefore I am anime.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
The Star Wars of the future.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Grendels Dad posted:

There is an "i" in "anime", therefore I am anime.

You can't spell it without an "I" and "me"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Kathleen Kennedy, desperate for a compelling non-Skywalker-related script, hires the writers of the Ewok movies.