Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Macaluso posted:

It was on twitter, and went all IT'S JUST A JOKE LIGHTEN UP when called out on it.

"HAI GUYS I'M A MASSIVE RACIST BUT IM DOING IT TO BE IRONIC AND TRIGGER YOU LOL"

Isn't the height of wit they think it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Epic High Five posted:

I dunno where I got it or what it is actually, I went to a pokecenter to get healed up and was spamming to end the dialogue and saw that one word and welp

Its something that can happen to your pokemon from battling a wild one. The odds, at least in previous games, are even less than the odds of encountering a shiny.

Pokemon with pokerus get double the EVs they normally would. It lets you train much faster/easier. However, this doubling effect doesn't apply to vitamins, and with the cap on vitamins no longer an issue in this gen, I don't know if pokerus is as big a help any more.

Pokerus can spread through your party each time you battle. However, at midnight after a couple days, it will be cured and no longer spread - your pokemon will still benefit from it but can't pass it on to others. For that reason its suggested to spread it to several spare pokemon and shove them in a box, so you can always infect new pokemon later.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Macaluso posted:

It was on twitter, and went all IT'S JUST A JOKE LIGHTEN UP when called out on it.

Heh
(I remember that Nessa stuff, and had hoped to never think about it again.)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dienes posted:

Pokerus can spread through your party each time you battle. However, at midnight after a couple days, it will be cured and no longer spread - your pokemon will still benefit from it but can't pass it on to others. For that reason its suggested to spread it to several spare pokemon and shove them in a box, so you can always infect new pokemon later.

Note that it's specifically at midnight that it updates so as long as your Pokerus 'mon is always in the PC at midnight it'll never lose Pokerus.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I mean people on the big streams are talking about their pkhex'd mons since about 2 days ago.

AFAIK, you can PKHex your own mons fine. It's trying to do the online/multiplayer stuff where it becomes an issue and why you need a non-jailbroken Switch without the CFW/whatever it's called patch. You can make them for your own game as much as you want, but they can't be traded without risking a ban. You can trade if you have two Switches like that, but the $700 upfront just to trade hacked mons is a bit much for anyone not making money off it.

At least, that's my limited understanding of it from reading a few forums discussing it.

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Nov 21, 2019

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Edit^^^:HA scorbunny isn't available yet but I'm fairly certain they're already being traded.

Vitamins are still expensive - running gigantamax meowth through the champions cup might still be a slower EV training method than filling an entire party with mons to be EV trained at one time.

Perhaps gigantamax meowth in the battle tower to farm pokedollars and BP at the same time. Shame about his stats though

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Nov 21, 2019

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Flopsy posted:

"HAI GUYS I'M A MASSIVE RACIST BUT IM DOING IT TO BE IRONIC AND TRIGGER YOU LOL"

Isn't the height of wit they think it is.

For the record: ironic racism is still racism.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

iospace posted:

For the record: ironic racism is still racism.

Pretty much. I'm just astounded that's the logic they roll with to defend their bullshit.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Wait, if I bought both my Switch and Sword in Hong Kong does that mean my dittos are actually valuable?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think it’s hilarious that raid mons stats are fixed so you can game the system with friends. Find a shiny or high IV pokemon and reset the game. Invite some friends, do the raid again, they catch you reset and repeat as many times until your group has enough to pass around.

Good to know if you find a high IV ditto.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Wait, if I bought both my Switch and Sword in Hong Kong does that mean my dittos are actually valuable?

It's based on what language the game is being played in. So if you're playing in Chinese, sure.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Edit^^^:HA scorbunny isn't available yet but I'm fairly certain they're already being traded.

Vitamins are still expensive - running gigantamax meowth through the champions cup might still be a slower EV training method than filling an entire party with mons to be EV trained at one time.

Perhaps gigantamax meowth in the battle tower to farm pokedollars and BP at the same time. Shame about his stats though

The biggest problem is there isn't a (at least to my knowledge) a reliable way to harvest berries.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man I really want a dreepy but had no luck finding any on raids and junk

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Calaveron posted:

Just hit up the discord, there's usually someone breeding something and they'll have a spare.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

YggiDee posted:

Just hit up the discord, there's usually someone breeding something and they'll have a spare.

About to say, I can provide one if one needs.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

iospace posted:

About to say, I can provide one if one needs.

I’m on mobile so I’m unable to discord but what would I need to set up a trade with you my new best friend

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Calaveron posted:

I’m on mobile so I’m unable to discord but what would I need to set up a trade with you my new best friend

Uh, a time when you can. Also discord has a mobile app!

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Calaveron posted:

They're in the lake of outrage. I'm going to try and catch one in a moon ball today. Just for the record I'm going to be a little standoffish with the breeding till pokemon home comes out and I can transfer my breeding stable of dittos into the game. At which point I'll really be in business and you guys can make whatever requests you'd like. For now I'm probably going to be sniffing about for version exclusives though so if you have shield and you're looking for anything in particular gimme a ring.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

8th badge obtained. Shuckle supremacy continues

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

So everyone named their Sobble either James Pond or Gex, right?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I named mine Wellesley.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 21, 2019

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Okay, so we have Inteleon, dragapult, and baraskewda. What other military industrial complex mons do we have?

e: falinks
ee: galarian wheezing

TeenageArchipelago fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Nov 21, 2019

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I named it "rubbish".

I picked a better starter. :v:

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Okay, so we have Inteleon, dragapult, and baraskewda. What other military industrial complex mons do we have?

Remoraid and Octillery

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Isn't Garchomp a jet?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

YggiDee posted:

Isn't Garchomp a jet?

Garchomp is dead.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

8th badge obtained. Shuckle supremacy continues

Your post made me imagine a Gigantamax Shuckle and I realized it's just your avatar

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Chairman Rose has Smooth Rocks for brains, I think.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

YggiDee posted:

Isn't Garchomp a jet?

Garchomp is like a mix of a shark and a jet.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Carkol to feed the Wheezing smokestacks.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm gonna do an eeveelution team, any particular level I should shoot for before evolving them?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I just beat the game. Where can I find the Battle Tower? Or do you have to complete the Epilogue first?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Nov 21, 2019

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I'm thinking of replacing the Bolthund in my party because wow they did my boy Yamper dirty with that evo. I'm thinking a grass type to fill in holes in my roster but also I don't know so I'm throwing it out to the thread to say what types I should get at least. I do have a Grooky I can use, or Leafeon as I've never used that Eeveelution, but they are only monotype. My current party is/will be Cinderace, Corviknight, Gardevoir, Dubwool, Sirfetch'd.

As for when to evolve your eevees, is that not asap?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Eimi posted:

As for when to evolve your eevees, is that not asap?

There is pretty much no reason not to use an evolution item on a Pokemon ASAP this generation. They made pre-evolution exclusive moves a thing of the past, and most item evolution mons can just relearn their pre-evo's moveset through the move relearner.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Larryb posted:

I just beat the game. Where can I find the Battle Tower? Or do you have to complete the Epilogue first?

Rose Tower, at the north spot in Wyndon. You don't need to beat the epilogue.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The last few eye options you can get at the salon are terrifying.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Does anyone have a Gothita/Turtanator/Dieno they can breed for me? IV's and whatnot don't really matter to me as they're just things I need for my dex. I'm currently at 358 and they're going to be my biggest hurdles (as well as finding a foreign ditto so I can start my shiny breeding like a complete weirdo)

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Bourne (books not the lovely movies)

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

RatHat posted:

The last few eye options you can get at the salon are terrifying.

Everyone was talking about the protagonist's soulless eyes in SM, now you can have them for real... :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
something I just learned: unlike literally every other instance of online stuff, inviting people into your raid does not save the game.
What does this mean, you ask? It means if you fight a gigantamax pokemon with friends, and it breaks out of the ball, you can reset the game, and your friends still have a chance to catch it. While the host can only get it once, your friends could feasibly capture the same gmax pokemon multiple times. :eyepop: