Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

Filipino posted:

If being stiched to them for a short period of time is causing you harm you have the right to remove the stitch. Mothers can have their pregnant uterus removed if there is a tumor growing on it.

But look how far you have to go to defend baby killing.

But wait, that means you are going to cause greater harm to someone than they’d cause to you though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Filipino posted:

If being stiched to them for a short period of time is causing you harm you have the right to remove the stitch. Mothers can have their pregnant uterus removed if there is a tumor growing on it.

But look how far you have to go to defend baby killing.

This isn't even very far removed from the metaphor, dipshit.

Please tell me why it is okay, in your morality, to "remove the stitch" and kill this other person, simply because it is "causing you harm."

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

Filipino posted:

Every child has the right to be taken care of by their parents.

Oh so other people are forced to take care of others? Who is going to enforce that?

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

You shouldn’t be forced at gunpoint to do something someone else says, except taking care of children, you absolutely should be forced at gunpoint for that.

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Filipino posted:

My rights are inherient in my humanity. All human persons have rights, including the unborn.

Please demonstrate this to be true, and why.

And show your work.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

TLM3101 posted:

And show your work.

Countdown for him to drop the word "axiom" without understanding its meaning

Filipino
Nov 6, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TLM3101 posted:

And show your work.

Something cannot both be and not be in the same time in the same respect. Prove that.

It's a first principle. It cannot be proven.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Filipino posted:

Something cannot both be and not be in the same time in the same respect. Prove that.

Define a human then.

Filipino
Nov 6, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Somfin posted:

Define a human then.

No. I dont waste my time.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Filipino posted:

No. I dont waste my time.

Coward.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Filipino posted:

This is very inconsistent with property rights and self ownership.

Filipino
Nov 6, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

You know what human means. Stop wasting my time.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Filipino posted:

I know what human means and fetuses aren't it.

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Filipino posted:

So you can't prove it.

You're not even going to make the attempt to prove it.

And you're just going to pronounce on them as if they were true.

Excellent.

This being the case, why should I give your pronouncements on these so-called 'rights' that you claim are inherent in your humanity any credence whatsoever, over, say... unicorns?

Filipino
Nov 6, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OwlFancier posted:

This is very inconsistent with property rights and self ownership.

Human beings can never be property.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

Filipino posted:

I think a criteria to being human is being born.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Filipino posted:

You literally opened this by posting a video about "self ownership" your entire conception of rights is centered around property.

Filipino
Nov 6, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TLM3101 posted:

So you can't prove it.

You're not even going to make the attempt to prove it.

And you're just going to pronounce on them as if they were true.

Excellent.

This being the case, why should I give your pronouncements on these so-called 'rights' that you claim are inherent in your humanity any credence whatsoever, over, say... unicorns?

You can believe in unicorns instead of human rights. Youre a loving smoothbrained pissbaby if you do but oh well.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

You can believe in human rights instead of unicorns.
You’re a loving smoothbrained piss baby if you do but oh well.

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Filipino posted:

You can believe in unicorns instead of human rights. Youre a loving smoothbrained pissbaby if you do but of well.

I mean, you're the one making the claim that there are rights inherent to someone's humanity. If you can't be arsed to defend the existence of these supposed rights or even make the smallest, token effort to define or prove them, well....

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Filipino posted:

Filipino posted:

My rights are inherient in my humanity. All human persons have rights, including the unborn.

If one of my moral first principles included a word twice I sure as hell would want to be able to say what that word actually meant and the extent of entities which were covered by it.

Does a corpse have rights?

Is a dog a human for the purposes of having inherent rights?

Do fictional humans have rights? As a writer have I committed murder by writing a scene in which a human dies?

Is a black person human in your morality? I ask because some thinkers have defined things otherwise.

How about a disabled person? Same reason.

What about someone who has a different chromosome count from the standard 46- they're genetically distinct from standard, do they qualify?

How much of a human body can be replaced by mechanical parts before you would consider them meaningfully distinct enough to remove their rights?

Filipino posted:

Oh buddy there are a bunch of people in the world right now who would beg to differ with you.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I, of course, can construct arguments either for or against abortion and I can also articulate concepts of rights that have bugger all to do with property and ownership but that's because I'm not a libertarian and I don't cetner my worldview around property.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
At exactly what point in the twinning process are there two distinct human beings who have independent sets of rights instead of a single fetus?

Filipino
Nov 6, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You also have the right to shoot an abortionist to stop him just as if the abortionist were about to kill a 10yo child.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

Filipino posted:

You also have the right to shoot an abortionist to stop him just as if the abortionist were about to kill a 10yo child.

I disagree.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Filipino posted:

Yeah you're not getting away from this.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Filipino posted:

Didn't you say nobody has a right to enforce anything at gunpoint? I guess you don't believe in human rights, and that makes you a smoothbrained pissbaby.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

Ratoslov posted:

Didn't you say nobody has a right to enforce anything at gunpoint? I guess you don't believe in human rights, and that makes you a smoothbrained pissbaby.

Only the State doesn’t have the right to do that, Lone Cowboys can just shoot people due to inherent rights.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sounds to me like the quarrel is between the baby and the abortionist I don't see why you have any right to go enforcing your morals on other people's business.

Filipino
Nov 6, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OwlFancier posted:

Sounds to me like the quarrel is between the baby and the abortionist I don't see why you have any right to go enforcing your morals on other people's business.

If the abortionist were about to kill a 10 yo child i could stop him with force. Same for the unborn.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Why he's not infringing on your rights I don't see why you have the right to go around enforcing your moral code on everyone like some kind of state.

Surely if the child owns themselves they should be protecting themselves and if they don't they've clearly abdicated responsibility.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

Filipino posted:

If the abortionist were about to kill a 10 yo child i could stop him with force. Same for the unborn.

You a cop or something? Who gave you that right?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Filipino posted:

Answer the twinning question

Filipino
Nov 6, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Somfin posted:

Answer the twinning question

Ive never thought about it.

Monozygotic (identical) twins will have the same blood type, with a few very rare exceptions. Dizygotic (fraternal) twins may have the same blood type, or they may have different types. Therefore, it may be concluded that twins with differing blood types are dizygotic, or fraternal.

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

... oh. OH! Ahahahahahaha. Okay, I see now. We're doing Libertarian Lightning-Round Idiocy.

Check their post-history. :ssh:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Filipino posted:

Ive never thought about it.

Monozygotic (identical) twins will have the same blood type, with a few very rare exceptions. Dizygotic (fraternal) twins may have the same blood type, or they may have different types. Therefore, it may be concluded that twins with differing blood types are dizygotic, or fraternal.

At what point in the twinning process of identical twins are there two distinct humans

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Filipino posted:

Every human has the right to be taken care of by their society.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

See I, of course, rejecting the concept of self ownership, can construct plenty of arguments about why I'm both allowed and obligated to intervene in other people's business, but I really don't see a moral basis for it under the concept that everyone owns themselves and their property and all exchanges between them must be entirely voluntary.

Filipino
Nov 6, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Somfin posted:

At what point in the twinning process of identical twins are there two distinct humans

Conception.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Filipino posted:

Conception.

You know that twinning is a random process, right?