Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Daniel Bryan
Darby Allin
Orange Cassidy
Taichi
Minoru Suzuki
Luchasaurus
Shingo Takagi
Kairi Sane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Daniel Bryan
Darby Allin
Orange Cassidy
Taichi
Minoru Suzuki
Tommaso Ciampa
Shingo Takagi
Kairi Sane

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
Daniel Bryan
The Young Bucks
Orange Cassidy
Jacob Fatu
Minoru Suzuki
Luchasaurus
Shingo Takagi
Kairi Sane

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Daniel Bryan
Darby Allin
Orange Cassidy
Taichi
Minoru Suzuki
Luchasaurus
Shingo Takagi
Kairi Sane

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Daniel Bryan
Darby Allin
Orange Cassidy
Jacob Fatu
Minoru Suzuki
Luchasaurus
Shingo Takagi
Juice Robinson

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm still awake

Riho is Forever

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Timothy Thatcher
The Young Bucks
Orange Cassidy
Jacob Fatu
Minoru Suzuki
Tommaso Ciampa
Shingo Takagi
Kairi Sane

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Daniel Bryan
The Young Bucks
Orange Cassidy vs. Jungle Boy
Taichi
Minoru Suzuki
Luchasaurus
Shingo Takagi
Juice Robinson

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Timothy Thatcher
Darby Allin
Orange Cassidy
Taichi
Minoru Suzuki
Luchasaurus
Shingo Takagi
Juice Robinson

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here's a song to listen to while you vote. it's heartfelt. the video is a sequel to another 8 year old video, but i do not like the song from that older video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3Fwdnij49o

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Daniel Bryan
The Young Bucks
Orange Cassidy
Jacob Fatu
Momo Watanabe
Luchasaurus
Shota Umino
Kairi Sane

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Daniel Bryan
Darby Allin
Jungle Boy
Taichi
Minoru Suzuki
Tommaso Ciampa
Shingo Takagi
Kairi Sane

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okoB0_kHMjE

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Daniel Bryan
Darby Allin
Orange Cassidy

Momo Watanabe
Luchasaurus
Shingo Takagi
Kairi Sane

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Daniel Bryan
Darby Allin
Orange Cassidy
Jacob Fatu
Minoru
Tommaso Ciampa
Shingo Takagi
Kairi Sane

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Daniel Bryan :woof:
The Young Bucks
Orange Cassidy
Taichi
Minoru Suzuki
Luchasaurus
Shingo Takagi
Juice Robinson

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

all 102 views on this video are from me watching it over and over since posting time

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Daniel Bryan
Darby Allin
Orange Cassidy
Jacob Fatu
Minoru Suzuki
Luchasaurus
Shingo Takagi
Juice Robinson

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Timothy Thatcher
The Young Bucks
Jungle Boy
Taichi
Minoru Suzuki
Luchasaurus
Shingo Takagi
Juice Robinson

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Timothy Thatcher
The Young Bucks
Orange Cassidy
Taichi
Minoru Suzuki
Luchasaurus
Shingo Takagi
Juice Robinson

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.
Timothy Thatcher
Darby Allin
Orange Cassidy
Taichi
Minoru Suzuki
Tommaso Ciampa
Shota Umino
Juice Robinson

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i hope everyone is steeling themselves to vote against daniel bryan in the next round.

let's all come to terms with the fact that the wwe has made him just another guy ever since his miraculous return from brain injury and he has had as many great matches in that time as darby allin has had against sami callihan

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I'm not following you. Lesnar, AJ TLC, Elimination Chamber, Kofi at Mania, Murphy, Owens and Ali, Cole. Has Darby Allin had seven great matches with Sami Callihan in that time?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

i hope everyone is steeling themselves to vote against daniel bryan in the next round.

I've only voted for 2 WWE talent in the month of November, and I'm making it 0 in December

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Daniel Bryan
The Young Bucks
Orange Cassidy
Taichi
Minoru Suzuki
Luchasaurus
Shingo Takagi
Juice Robinson

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Daniel Bryan
Darby Allin
Orange Cassidy
Taichi
Minoru Suzuki
Luchasaurus
Shingo Takagi
Kairi Sane

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Daniel Bryan
The Young Bucks
Orange Cassidy
Taichi
Minoru Suzuki
Luchasaurus
Shingo Takagi
Juice Robinson

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Daniel Bryan 32, Timothy Thatcher 15
Darby Allin 33, The Young Bucks 14
Orange Cassidy 41, Jungle Boy 5
Taichi 34, Jacob Fatu 11
Minoru Suzuki 40, Momo Watanabe 6
Luchasaurus 33, Tommaso Ciampa 13
Shingo Takagi 40, Shota Umino 6
Juice Robinson 25, Kairi Sane 22

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Apologies for skipping the graphics this time; I’m behind. I’ll try to pick that up for the next round.

Special formatting request: Please only list the name of the person you are voting for from each match-up. This will be easier for me to count than bolding names from match-ups. I can work around this if necessary, but if you can vote by just listing the name of your choice, that would be great.

You can abstain from votes. You are not required to list that vote as ‘abstain,’ you just need to skip it.

Chris Jericho
Finished 4th in Favorite Active Wrestlers thread
Eliminated in Round 4 of 2017 WH-128 by Asuka
Eliminated in Round 2 in 2013 by Kota Ibushi.
Eliminated in his Bye-To-Finals Ultra Final in 2011 by CM Punk.
Won the 2009 Wrestlehut 128 Favorite Wrestler Tournament.

Jericho is still a very versatile worker. Despite a serious case of dad bod, he’s put on very good matches on his way to becoming the AEW World Champion, as well as a great run in New Japan. He still cuts great promos and created a minor meme in the past month with his “a little bit of the bubbly” line. At 48 years of age, Jericho is still among the sport’s elite.

Chris Dickinson
Did not appear in 2017 WH-128

Dickinson has been fighting for the title of the U.S.’s top worker on the indies this year with a series of great matches on Beyond Wrestling’s Uncharted Territory, as he pursued a match with Daisuke Sekimoto at their Americana event. Almost every match he has along the way to that event was great. He’s a great brawler who can also mix in some technical work, and has a charisma at least in Beyond that reminds me of Nick Gage’s relationship with crowds.

Aja Kong
Finished 31st in Favorite Active Wrestlers thread

Kong is one of the all-time greatest joshi workers. While past her prime, she definitely knows how to work to be as effective as possible. She showed this in the six-woman tag at Double or Nothing and a very good match with Hikaru Shida in 2018 for OZ Academy. She has recently been a regular for OZ Academy, Sendai Girls, and Pro Wrestling Diana.

Fenix
Eliminated in Round 2 of 2017 WH-128 by Sami Zayn

Fenix is often unfairly overlooked in favor of his brother Pentagon Jr., but Fenix is a tremendous talent in his own right. Likely better in the ring, he more than carries his own in their tag matches. He’s also shined in singles matches with Joey Janela, WALTER, and Aramis.

Cody
Finished 15th in Favorite Active Wrestlers thread
Eliminated in Round 1 of 2017 WH-128 by Kota Ibushi
Eliminated in Round 3 in 2013 by Hiroshi Tanahashi
Eliminated in Round 4 in 2011 by Davey Richards
Eliminated in Round 1 in 2009 by Davey Richards

Cody may have increased his stock the most in the past two years. He’s gone from Round 1 fodder to a seemingly extra part of the Bullet Club to being a central part of the formation of AEW. He even had a five-star match with his 50 year old brother. He was half of a meaningful NWA World Championship in the year 2018. He’s shown himself to be very charismatic and has been amazingly over with the AEW crowd. As great as the past two years have been, Cody looks like he could get even better going forward.

Hirooki Goto
Eliminated in Round 1 of 2017 WH-128 by Kenny Omega
Eliminated in Round 2 in 2015 by Seth Rollins
Eliminated in Round 3 in 2013 by Karl Anderson

New Japan’s Father of the Year (every year), Goto’s had a year filled with great matches. Both of his matches with Shingo Takagi were really great, and his pair of matches with Jay White and his match against Ishii were all great. He may never be the main eventer that it seemed like he’d be five years ago, but he should always be able to put on great matches as long as he’s close to his prime.

Sanada
Finished 20th in Favorite Active Wrestlers thread

Sanada seems to be on the verge of putting it all together. Long thought of as a top prospect in Japan, he’s had a tremendous 2019. He shined in the New Japan Cup and the G1 Climax, putting on great matches with Okada, ZSJ, Ospreay, Ibushi, Suzuki, and more. He might be one of the top NJPW stars in the very near future.

Private Party, Isiah Kassidy & Marc Quen

The upstarts of the AEW tag division, Private Party recorded an upset win over the Young Bucks on the second episode of Dynamite about an hour before I wrote this. They’re a very promising team with a lot of charisma and even more athleticism. There’s a lot to be seen with these two, but it’s a very exciting future.

Jushin Liger
Eliminated in Round 1 of 2017 WH-128 by Finn Balor
Eliminated in Round 1 in 2015 by BxB Hulk
Eliminated in Round 3 in 2013 by Brock Lesnar
Eliminated in Round 3 in 2011 by The Undertaker
Eliminated in Round 1 in 2009 by Rey Mysterio

Liger announced he would be wrapping up his career at Tokyo Dome 2020, so his 2019 has had increased exposure for the veteran. He had a great title challenge against Taiji Ishimori in March, tagged with the Great Sasuke in a fun match against Shinjiro Otani and Tatsuhito Takaiwa in ZERO1 in July, and had a very nice send off in CMLL in July. He’s currently in a feud with Minoru Suzuki that has resulted in the return of Jushin’s psychopathic Kishin side.

Dragon Lee
Eliminated in Round 3 of 2017 WH-128 by Zack Sabre Jr.

I don’t feel bad for Dragon Lee, but he’s certainly had a tumultuous few weeks before this tournament. He shined in the Battle of Los Angeles, including a five star match with Bandido, and has done well in New Japan and Ring of Honor. However, he was fired by long-time home CMLL after an extended period of strife between himself and his brother Rush and the company. This should be wrestling’s gain, though, as Dragon Lee is now free to pursue even more highlight matches around the world.

KENTA
Eliminated in Round 2 of 2017 WH-128 by Asuka
Eliminated in Round 2 in 2015 by Bobby Fish
Eliminated in Round 2 in 2013 by Seth Rollins
Eliminated in Round 4 in 2011 by Chris Hero
Eliminated in Round 2 in 2009 by Edge
Eliminated in Round 3 in 2007 by Ken Kennedy

KENTA’s basically the Jon Moxley of Japan – he left WWE, where he was misused and unhappy, to go to New Japan. Once there, he had a bunch of great G1 matches, including against ZSJ, Ospreay, Okada, and Tanahashi. He also turned heel the last day of the G1 to join Bullet Club, punctuating his shift by beating down Katsuyori Shibata.

Sammy Guevara

Guevara has really established himself as a great heel. He first succeeded in AAA and with a great run of matches in PWG before signing with AEW. Once there, he’s had a really good match with Cody and then joined Chris Jericho’s new top of the card heel group, “The Inner Circle.”

Zack Sabre Jr.
Finished 12th in Favorite Active Wrestlers thread
Eliminated in Round 4 of 2017 WH-128 by Hiromu Takahashi

ZSJ has taken up the mantle of the world’s greatest technical wrestler from Daniel Bryan, and it’s shown in the WON Awards. Sabre Jr. has won Best Technical Wrestler from those awards every year since 2014, and there’s no reason to think 2019 will be any different. He’s been moving his way up the New Japan card as well, getting multiple high profile wins against the legendary Hiroshi Tanahashi this year. A tremendous heel, Sabre should be a start for years to come.

Marty Scurll
Eliminated in Round 3 of 2017 WH-128 by AJ Styles

Scurll is another talented wrestler that appears to have been hurt by Ring of Honor’s down year. He started the year very hot after his work with the Elite, but seems to have cooled off after signing full time with RoH. He also had a solid showing in New Japan’s Best of the Super Juniors tournament, where he had standout matches with Jonathan Gresham, Shingo Takagi, & SHO. In RoH, he and his stablemates in Villain Enterprises have been able to work together to make the RoH Six Man Tag Team Championship mean more than it did before. He’s charismatic and talented in the ring, so he should be able to regain his momentum in the near future.

Asuka (WWE)
Finished 23rd in Favorite Active Wrestlers thread
Eliminated in quarter finals of 2017 WH-128 by Tetsuya Naito

Asuka may be the most talented in-ring woman wrestler in the world right now. She won the first women’s Royal Rumble and is a former Smackdown Women’s Champion. Unfortunately, after dropping that belt to Becky Lynch, Asuka has been underused. She’s still extremely talented.

Takashi Sugiura

Sugiura is one of the best male workers in Japan outside of New Japan for several years now, and this is in spite of being 49. He’s a four-time GHC Heavyweight Champion, and he and KAZMA SAKAMOTO had a short reign with the GHC Tag Team Championship this calendar year. His June match with Kaito Kiyomiya has a lot of amazing reviews, and he’s also had good 2019 matches with Marufuji, Shiozaki, and Kenou.

Your ballot:

Chris Jericho vs. Chris Dickinson
Aja Kong vs. Fenix
Cody vs. Hirooki Goto
Sanada vs. Private Party
Jushin Liger vs. Dragon Lee
KENTA vs. Sammy Guevara
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Marty Scurll
Asuka vs. Takashi Sugiura

Voting closes at 7 p.m. Eastern on Tuesday, or whenever I get in front of a computer after that.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
where are the pictures

Chris Jericho
Fenix
Cody
Private Party
Jushin Liger
Sammy Guevara
Marty Scurll
Asuka

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Chris Jericho
Fenix
Cody
Sanada
Dragon Lee
KENTA
Zack Sabre Jr.
Takashi Sugiura

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Chris Jericho
Fenix
Cody
Sanada
Jushin Liger
KENTA
Zack Sabre Jr.
Asuka

here my fetish video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_jEXuJ6Fuo

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Aja Kong
Hirooki Goto
Sanada
Jushin Liger
KENTA
Zack Sabre Jr.
Takashi Sugiura

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Chris Dickinson
Fenix
Hirooki Goto
Sanada
Dragon Lee
KENTA
Zack Sabre Jr.
Asuka

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Chris Jericho
Aja Kong
Cody
Private Party
Jushin Liger
KENTA
Zack Sabre Jr.
Asuka

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Drew McIntyre posted:

where are the pictures

I've been busy, I'd rather have the tournament go on than have it delayed for me putting those together.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Chris Jericho
Fenix
Cody
Sanada
Dragon Lee
KENTA
Zack Sabre Jr.
Takashi Sugiura

duckdealer