Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Are there any moves I want to be sure Farfetchd learns before I evolve it? Is Leaf Blade good?

For coverage it's not too bad unless you already have a grass or water type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Isn't Leaf Blade one of the attacks that becomes 100% crit rate with the Leek?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ROFL Octopus posted:

Frickin lmao if you don’t painstakingly coordinate every pokemon with the right pokeball

I only found out Raid mons can escape because I was saving my premier balls for the good ones

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I looked up how to get Imposter Ditto and I dunno if I'm doing something wrong but I keep getting like, Machamps

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Leaf Blade is 100% Crit with the leek but Sirfetch'd learns it, evolve away.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I only found out Raid mons can escape because I was saving my premier balls for the good ones

Where in the hell can you get premier balls?

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Flopsy posted:

Buy pokeballs in multiples of 10.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

aw sick I caught a shiny cufant, time to take a big sip of coffee and look up its assuredly cool-colored evolution

:oh:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Flopsy posted:

Buy 10 of ANY ball and you get 1 premier ball. I've been buying all my balls in increments of 10.

Old games had something similar but only for certain types of balls.

They have the same catch rate as a basic pokeball but they're all white and the animation is a bit different when they open

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Buy 10 of ANY ball and you get 1 premier ball. I've been buying all my balls in increments of 10.

They have the same catch rate as a basic pokeball but they're all white and the animation is a bit different when they open

Thankfully you don't have to buy exactly 10 at a time anymore. If you buy 50, they give you 5 premier balls.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
You don't have to only buy 10 at a time anymore. They changed it so that any multiple of 10 gets you the corresponding number of premier balls.

e;fb

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dad Jokes posted:

aw sick I caught a shiny cufant, time to take a big sip of coffee and look up its assuredly cool-colored evolution

:oh:

Yeah...sometimes the shinies aren't as good as the originals....

Aight. Now I know what to use when I'm hunting down Snoms!

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:
I know it’s not exactly Rocket Science, but watching Leon smugly throw his Charizard into a Stealth Rock’d ring and it losing half its life before it even attacked put a smile on my face. I’d kept that tech for half the game just to own his big orange rear end.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Does the permanent exp share also affect EVs?

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

soscannonballs posted:

Does the permanent exp share also affect EVs?

Yep! Any poke'mon that gains experience from fainting an enemy will gain EVs for that mon. (unless of course they're already maxed out)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
How do I make a pokemon happy in this game?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

How do I make a pokemon happy in this game?

Camp with them and make them high quality curry. There's a curry dex on serebii.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Question is it random who you will face in the Champion Tournament.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Does the free meowth from the event always have the same ivs/nature?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Question is it random who you will face in the Champion Tournament.

Set in the plot one, random in post game rematches.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Does anyone have Drampa

It's literally one of the last things I need other than a munchlax. Don't care about natures or anything like that

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Flopsy posted:

Camp with them and make them high quality curry. There's a curry dex on serebii.

Is there a list of the rewards for filling the Currydex? It’s gonna take a fuckton of berries.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Flopsy posted:

Thanks I'll check it out. Does that take a long time ? I'm never a fan of happiness evolutions.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i keep joining in raids where no one dynamaxes, does it not show it on everyone's screen, or is there some sort of weird reason no one is dynamaxing and i'm being an rear end in a top hat by ruining it when i dynamax?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

DC Murderverse posted:

i keep joining in raids where no one dynamaxes, does it not show it on everyone's screen, or is there some sort of weird reason no one is dynamaxing and i'm being an rear end in a top hat by ruining it when i dynamax?

Are they using the doggos or Eternatus? Those can’t Dynamax.

Otherwise then no there isn’t much reason not to Dynamax. I wish the NPCs would do it though so they could be even slightly useful.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Nov 21, 2019

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

RatHat posted:

Are they using the doggos or Eternatus? Those can’t Dynamax.

naw, just normal-rear end pokemon. i just did a 5star Goodra where i was last in the order, there were two Morgarems and a Rillaboom in front and none of them dynamaxed when it was their chance. Then i did with my Darmanitan and i kicked rear end but it just seemed weird.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If it's a weak raid, then fully evolved pokemon can one shot them and dynamaxing is adding a long animation for nothing. I once dynamaxed and then my party member's Rillaboom one shot the target before my maxxed mon could even attack.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

DC Murderverse posted:

naw, just normal-rear end pokemon. i just did a 5star Goodra where i was last in the order, there were two Morgarems and a Rillaboom in front and none of them dynamaxed when it was their chance. Then i did with my Darmanitan and i kicked rear end but it just seemed weird.

Might also have been thinking to pass you the dynamax since you had an ice type against a dragon.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm sticking to Gen VI pokemon for this Y playthrough and wow my fly options are limited. Literally just Fletchling or Hawlucha until the endgame.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So apart from a change in appearance, what exactly does Gigantamax do that Dynamax doesn’t? Does your Pokemon get any new moves or something?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Larryb posted:

So apart from a change in appearance, what exactly does Gigantamax do that Dynamax doesn’t? Does your Pokemon get any new moves or something?

Gigantamax pokemon all have a signature move that only they can use. Some of the effects are worse than a regular dynamax, some are better. It varies from Pokemon to Pokemon.

There are no stat differences whatsoever.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Addinng to that, how does the unique G-Max move work? I Got a Mothra Butterfree, do all psychic-type (psychic? bug? I didnt catch what type it was in the battle) G-Max moves become its unique one that causes random status effects? I havent had a chance to G-Max it yet, I wanna get it's EVs right before using it.

pray for my aunt fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Nov 21, 2019

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Bug, and yea g max buterfree can’t use flutterby, only befuddle.

Anyone wanna share some of their kickass rental team id’s? Figured there’d be a ton of these but googling only got me one random so far - which did have a dragapult and gyaradoss so it works decently but seems to be intended for doubles.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
I'm sad. Up to this point, I've been rolling with a rotating team of like... 14 mons. It's basically the only reason I'm not 20 levels above everything I fight.

I'm reaching the point in the game where I'm gonna need to settle on a team of 6 that can sufficiently cover my bases, though. And now that I've done this whole "rotating giant team" thing, I don't know how I'll be able to whittle it down :cry:

Note: I've been somewhat TR-shy. I've used a few, but I do have a bunch I'm sitting on, and yet a bunch I just haven't gotten a hold of yet. The movesets described below are simply what I've blundered into via story gameplay thus far and contains a lot of "screw it, this'll do for now" filler moves. I just beat Raihan.

Roxie the Obstagoon: Has possibly seen the least direct action out of the group, despite being my token Dark type for a long time. Cross Poison, Headbutt, Brick Break, Night Slash. Just a general assortment of moves that I noticed it could learn and figured "That's better than _____ she knows right now."

Garr the Coalossal: Honestly has seen more use as a fire type than as a rock type. At least a little of that is simply being out of the party at bad times, though. Tar Shot, Dig, Heat Crash, Rock Slide. Fairly solid, though has had trouble putting out sufficient damage at times. Being stuck with Smack Down and Flame Charge as its best STAB moves for a while hurt it when others started picking up stronger moves.

Jouji the Cinderace: The Loyal Starter. Fast and deadly, and a bit of a one-trick pony. Once in a while I'll bust out a double kick, but most of the time, he's here to launch a Pyro Ball. Headbutt, Double Kick, Pyro Ball, Bounce. I have no idea what to do with its other moves, but I also haven't really looked that hard yet.

Nicious the Toxtricity: Kinda fragile, it seems, but puts out the pain when I need it. Overdrive, Toxic, Flail, Sludge Bomb. Aside from the STAB, haven't settled that much on a moveset.

Sentinel the Golurk: Has trouble with his weaknesses, but when he gets a shot off, they *FEEL* it. Heavy Slam, Stomping Tantrum, Rock Slide, Shadow Punch. Kinda sad about overwriting Mega Punch (because Iron Fist), but I feel Rock Slide was worth it.

Volga the Centiskorch: Generally pretty reliable, though I haven't really brought him out much recently. Coil, Leech Life, Flame Wheel, Crunch. Flame Wheel is starting to show its age. Need to replace it soon. Leech Life was a good decision. Came in very handy a few times.

Skoll the Boltund: The Goodest Boy. 14/10. Ate Allister for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Fire Fang, Psychic Fangs, Thunder Fang, Crunch. Om nom nom.

Hector the Sirfetch'd: This thing is hilarious, and *VERY* well named, speaking as a Fire Emblem Fan. It's astonishing how often I've found myself scared of an opponent, or unsure what the hell it is, and decided that the answer was to throw Hector at it. Brick Break, Steel Wing, Night Slash, Leaf Blade. Still pondering what'll go in Steel Wing's slot, or if I just leave that be for now.

Dexter the Orbeetle: Tankbugbrain has served me well. Not terribly diverse, but it doesn't need to be. Bug Buzz, Reflect, Light Screen, Psychic. Very reliable, though, rather predictably, special walls give it trouble.

Minion the Barraskewda: Overlooked at times due to having weak moves, but always reliable when it comes out to murder. Now that Aqua Jet has given way to Liquidation, let those who face my Minion know true fear. Peck, Liquidation, Ice Fang, Crunch. ...don't ask about Peck. I haven't gotten around to replacing it yet.

Thalassia the Rapidash: Hasn't *quite* found its niche; several times I've tried to bring it in only for someone to nail one of her weaknesses. But can still do her job well enough. Play Rough, Psycho Cut, High Horsepower, Megahorn. Only actually just got a hold of Play Rough. Had Wild Charge previously, just as *something*.

Zelgius the Corviknight: Always reliable. A solid teammate whenever people aren't hammering one of his few weaknesses. Drill Peck, Facade, U-turn, Steel Wing. Murdered Bede in my first encounter with him via Power Trip sweep. Almost started calling Bede Skrimir for a while. More Fire Emblem references >_>

Demos the Grimmsnarl: I like my demon-imp-fairy-thing. I'll just leave it at that. He kills on command. And I appreciate that. Power-up Punch, False Surrender, Dark Pulse, Spirit Break.

Buford the Perrserker: Unexpectedly fun to use, and surprisingly reliable as a straight-up Steel Mon when I need one. It's about all he brings to the table, though. Swagger, Slash, Thief, Iron Head.

Tiptup the Drednaw: This dude has pulled his weight SEVERAL times over. Good god. This is a good beast. He has done well. Ice Fang, Liquidation, Smart Strike, Rock Slide. While Minion tends to be my go-to for water needs, Tiptup is honestly more dangerous and reliable.

BlazetheInferno fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Nov 21, 2019

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I know people were talking about finding Quick Balls earlier, and I think someone mentioned Luxury Balls. Unless the Pokemart shops change, the dude on the right in Wyndon sells both.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is there a comparison of ball opening animations so I can make sure my Pokemon have the best balls

How does it work with breeding btw? If I breed a super team are they all gonna be in Pokeballs? Should I be catching Dittos in special balls

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Is there a comparison of ball opening animations so I can make sure my Pokemon have the best balls

How does it work with breeding btw? If I breed a super team are they all gonna be in Pokeballs? Should I be catching Dittos in special balls

Quoting from Bulbapedia:

quote:

Starting in Generation VI, the Poké Ball of the female Pokémon will be passed down to its offspring. In Generation VII, if a male and female Pokémon of the same species are bred, the offspring will have an equal chance of inheriting either parent's Poké Ball. Despite being able to produce offspring of either species when bred together, Nidoran♀/Nidoran♂ and Volbeat/Illumise are still considered different species and the male's Poké Ball will not be inherited when breeding with its female counterpart.

In Generation VI, male and genderless Pokémon (including Ditto) have no impact on the type of Poké Ball inherited; as such, when breeding a male or genderless Pokémon with Ditto (which is the only way to breed certain species), the offspring is always obtained in a standard Poké Ball. In Generation VII, when breeding a male or genderless Pokémon with Ditto, the Poké Ball of the male or genderless Pokémon will be passed down to its offspring.

For the purposes of inheriting Poké Balls, parents in a Master Ball or Cherish Ball are always treated as being in a standard Poké Ball.

Rocketwitch
Sep 2, 2011

Finally caught a Sinistea after running around for 10 minutes in this stupidly beautiful forrest. But I can't evolve it, because it's an "authentic" one and I don't have the right pot... :negative:

Edit: I need to check if the authentic stamp is inheritable. When/where can I catch Ditto?

Rocketwitch fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Nov 21, 2019

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Quoting from Bulbapedia:

Thank you, seems like Raid pokemon are very good breeding fodder and the ball seems to be irrelevant to success rates so I'll continue catching them in whatever looks coolest

Just to kinda put it in one place for me, am I right on this:

-Destiny Knot lets a parent pass down 5 IVs, and the other parent only passes 1. Comes from Battle Tower
-Everstone lets a parent pass down nature
-Pikachu/Eevee come with 6 perfect IVs
-Raid Pokemon all come with 4 perfect IVs and sometimes hidden abilities
-Pokemon with an aura around them come with 3 perfect IVs and sometimes egg moves

What's the purpose of people looking for foreign dittos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Spawn eggs faster and higher shiny chance afaik.