Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I will say that the one thing they've always been depicted as not is nazis, because Mandalorians are not a race and they're pretty open about adopting children into the clans and they could be any species under those helmets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Phylodox posted:

I had a dream last night that Werner Herzog stole the baby yodling puppet and drove off into the sunset in a convertible with the puppet, bassinet and all, in the passenger seat.

Without looking away from the road, he said, "I just want you to know that I would die for you, but I hope that it does not come to that."

Hopefully whenever we encounter that character next, he's having a bunch of aliens drag a grounded Star Destroyer over a mountain.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Wa11y posted:

Do we WANT him to give up the reward to save the baby, or do we want him to take the reward Beskar in exchange for the baby, go get a badass set of armor made out of Beskar, then go BACK and take the baby back by force, possibly wiping out the entire local Empire presence?

I want him to give Werner Herzog baby yoda and then he moves next door to Herzog and baby yoda and season 2 uses old family matters scripts.

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

Werner Herzog listening to Boba Fett falling into the Sarlaac

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Look into the eyes of a jawa and you will see real stupidity. It is a kind of bottomless stupidity, a fiendish stupidity. They are the most horrifying, cannibalistic and nightmarish creatures in the galaxy.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

According to my 1995 Power of the Force action figure “Flett wears the armor of the Mandalore Supercommandos, a group of evil warriors who were defeated by the Jedi Knights during the clone wars”.

This is the only cannon I will accept thank you.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Pal of mine whipped this up today.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

jivjov posted:

They stepped down from their Star Wars project to instead pursue the $10 million offer netflix gave them. Lots of rumors that they were forced out after how hard season 8 of GoT failed, or after that disastrous convention Q&A where they presented "we have no idea what we're doing and that's totally a good thing" without any shame whatsoever--but the official reason is they didn't want to split their attention between Netflix and Star Wars

It was 200 million. That'll really make your bowtie spin!!!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

FYI this is who is playing Nick Nolte

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

When is this set? a year or two after episode 6?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Funso Banjo posted:

5 years post RotJ

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

It must be set some 750 years ago, going by the baby yoda.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Owlbear Camus posted:

It's not baby Yoda, just another member of the same species

jivjov fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 21, 2019

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

jivjov posted:

It's not baby Yods, just another member of the same species

Oh yeah, then what is the name of that species? :smuggo:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

jivjov posted:

:thejoke:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
A few short interviews from the 'premier' of the show with some of the creators and actors: https://youtu.be/WTNw6ASa3VE?t=112

Funso Banjo posted:

Read the OP! (please)

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I'm just wondering if it will turn out to be a Yoda clone

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

jivjov posted:

there is no character named Yods in star wars, you must have meant to post this in another thread because I can't think of any other explanation why you would say "Yods". very confusing

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Pez posted:

I hope it's never explained. Over-explaining is the death of good star wars, because the answers to the background stuff they toss out are never as much fun as what your imagination fills in ("where did boba fett come from?" "what were the clone wars?")

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Pez posted:

Seems like the most probable explanation

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1197598249617510400?s=21

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Amazing.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Owlbear Camus posted:

I hope it's never explained. Over-explaining is the death of good star wars, because the answers to the background stuff they toss out are never as much fun as what your imagination fills in ("where did boba fett come from?" "what were the clone wars?")

Agreed, over explaining and being a little too convenient ruins a good thing. I always hated the Leia is Luke's sister reveal, it weakened how awesome Vader being Anakin was in ESB. And don't get me started on Midichlorians. But being Star Wars I fully expect baby muppet to be explained by a random source The Mandalorian encounters in an episode or 2

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

High-res concept art from Chapter 1 credits:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

High-res concept art from Chapter 2 credits:

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

I wonder how many of those are actual concept art as in they were drawn first and copied almost exactly in the show or were post production drawings of stills from the episodes. If it's the former it's pretty impressive how they almost recreated them exactly. Regardless they're beautiful and I find myself actually looking forward to the credits for them.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The movement of the IG droid was incredibly cool. From the first time I saw IG-88 I thought "that thing looks clunky and fragile as heck, no way it's a badass bounty hunting droid"

but they absolutely nailed it

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Gonz posted:

Pal of mine whipped this up today.

I can only assume there's already a "Fist Full of Beskar" they've done somewhere, too.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Pez posted:

Yooda

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The movement of the IG droid was incredibly cool. From the first time I saw IG-88 I thought "that thing looks clunky and fragile as heck, no way it's a badass bounty hunting droid"

Yeah I was really disappointed that they killed it off.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

zoux posted:

Yeah I was really disappointed that they killed it off.

Well the nice thing about it being a droid character is he could kill it off every episode and keep encountering them.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

What time does the episode go live?

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

teagone posted:

What time does the episode go live?

12 pm pacific, 3 pm EST Friday

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
E: nvm

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Just Chamber posted:

I wonder how many of those are actual concept art as in they were drawn first and copied almost exactly in the show or were post production drawings of stills from the episodes. If it's the former it's pretty impressive how they almost recreated them exactly. Regardless they're beautiful and I find myself actually looking forward to the credits for them.

There are a couple of spots that look put through a posterize filter. They probably used unused shots or pre-viz CG then touched it up with filters and brushes.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Ignoring everything else around Baby Yoda, I sure like how they managed to make it look both poker faced and insanely judging the same time. To me anyway.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

i like the little wobble in the arms at the end of their movement and the way he waits a beat after stepping behind a pillar before taking a step back to put his back up against it.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I like how faithfully they made the egg creature’s lair look like an rear end in a top hat.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/P6STNR1.gifv

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Calling that child "Baby Yoda" is like calling every black baby you see "Baby Obama"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

um is it