Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Warmachine posted:

"Impeach the fucker. Have a great day!"

What a time to tune into CSPAN 3

Monty is a loving legend, just heard this too lmfao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

"Impeach the fucker" on CSPAN, what a time to be alive.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
I was about to ask which goon dialed in to cspan.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I remember when people complained about Neil Young's "Let's Impeach the President" song. 13 years later and people call into C-Span going "IMPEACH THE FUCKER!"

This is a magical time.

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Well, there's your problem!

sinburger posted:

"Impeach the fucker" on CSPAN, what a time to be alive.

Yeah, gotta love that Monty.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

eke out posted:

CSPAN CALLER: "I just want apologize for all the morons earlier, especially the ones from Alabama. I just wanted to say impeach the fucker. Have a great day!"

God bless

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/aedwardslevy/status/1197573749366755329?s=19

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I've been elbow deep in tech support stuff this morning, and part of me hopes that one of my customers was streaming C-SPAN3 in a civics class when that call came in.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

As someone who doesn't stick their head into live congressional talks that often, are the posters just there so that the Republican talking points are always visible?

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
This break has been crazy long. Like two hours or something?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Warmachine posted:

As someone who doesn't stick their head into live congressional talks that often, are the posters just there so that the Republican talking points are always visible?

Yes. That one in particular has changed 3 times since these Impeachment hearings started

First it was "X number of days since Adam Schiff learned the identity of the whistleblower"

Then yesterday (or the day before) it was "7 days since Adam Schiff said he doesn't know the whistleblower's identity"

Now it's this.

No idea if they've kept up the tweet about coups (which was actually written about Trump firing Sally Yates) but basically all of the GOP's visual aids are incredibly dumb and getting increasingly petty.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Warmachine posted:

I think they're mainly there because the Republicans are petty, dishonest, and severely lacking in any pertinent and potent arguments against the charges being levelled against Trump.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
We're back.

tequilaunicorn
Feb 13, 2012

I thought I was going to be able to have the fun experience of watching Obama deliver a keynote while listening to impeachment hearings but my Obama access went away this morning. :(

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

We're starting back up.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Chalupa.

Very low energy Nunes

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

gently caress yeah it's 2016 election time. CHALUPA

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

sir do you know the Lovers

DebtBeat
Oct 17, 2016
have you ever met a chalupa

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
For anyone else who missed it like I did:

https://twitter.com/tonyposnanski/status/1197573486266466304

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Oh goody Steele Dossier bullshit

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Oh for fucks sake we are back on the Steele Dossier bullshit.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hope you had some sandwiches

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lassitude posted:

gently caress yeah it's 2016 election time. CHALUPA

At the end of all this we need a supercut of every time a GOP member said "Chalupa" set to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZQTizNku08

Retro42 posted:

Oh for fucks sake we are back on the Steele Dossier bullshit.

The GOP playing all their Golden Oldies like "Steele Dossier", "Uranium One", "The FBI Lovers" and "A. Chalupa"

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Oh goody Steele Dossier bullshit
I am not a violent or indeed intimidating person by any means, but listening to Nunes' wilful stupidity inspires in me a not-inconsiderable desire to be so.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

CLINTON!!!! :bahgawd:

And thank you Mr. Castro, I had a frozen Benihana meal.

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
I am surprised they aren't talking about Uranium One at this point. Maybe we can dig back to Whitewater?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Now I want some delicious sandwiches too.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SchrodingersCat posted:

I am surprised they aren't talking about Uranium One at this point. Maybe we can dig back to Whitewater?

Hell they went all the way back to 2004 with the Kerry Campaign at one point, who knows how far back they'll go.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
"Hope you had a delicious sandwich."

"Actualy I just had a delicious..." *locks eyes with Nunes* "...Chalupa."

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Angry_Ed posted:

Hell they went all the way back to 2004 with the Kerry Campaign at one point, who knows how far back they'll go.

"Why are we wasting taxpayer's time and money investigating Trump when we could be investigating how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop!"

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Edit: quote is not edit.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

poor nunes doesn't even have the energy to talk for more than two minutes about wild conspiracies

it's been a tough week

bootsy
Jun 29, 2010
Finally got a break to watch during my lunch, and holy poo poo is Hill good at this.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

she's a delight to watch answering these questions. just no bullshit

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

TheDisreputableDog posted:

"Hope you had a delicious sandwich."

"Actualy I just had a delicious..." *locks eyes with Nunes* "...Chalupa."

Impeachment Thread: *locks eyes with Nunes* “...Chalupa.”

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SchrodingersCat posted:

"Why are we wasting taxpayer's time and money investigating Trump when we could be investigating how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop!"

"Next item on the apropriations committee docket, funding for a study to determine "how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?" "

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Hill is unbelievable. I wish all public servants were this good.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

so again, Castor helping us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Angry_Ed posted:

"Next item on the apropriations committee docket, funding for a study to determine "how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?" "

But did Trump withhold the wood until the woodchuck agreed to investigate Hunter Biden? And has anyone told you that Obama only gave the woodchuck balsawood, but that President Trump gave it a whole bunch of big, shiny oak trees? No squid low blow!